1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Christianity

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by tehrealist, May 18, 2007.

Tell me your thoughts on Christianity or any other religions.
    Maybe we could get into something deep here..

You go first and I'll share my thoughts after I see who takes what positions. :)

tehrealist, May 18, 2007 IP
  2. Johnny Inferno

Johnny Inferno Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal thoughts on religion is that it should be a private thing. It should ALWAYS be separated from government. && Really there is no use for it in the modern world. :)

Johnny Inferno, May 18, 2007 IP
  3. pajago

pajago Guest

Best Answers:
    My views are simply, I do not believe in organised religion. I do, however, respect other people for having a religion I just don't like when they push it on me. For instance, I have found a lot of Christian and Catholic people to say "God bless" at the end of an engagement. I don't feel comfortable with that.

Unfortunetly, because of my views, I get thrown into the Agnostic category. Yet another category. I do not consider myself Agnostic. I consider myself a free-thinker that treats life with respect, treats others life with respect and acts morally.

I could go on with this topic till the proverbial cows. But I shan't, hehe.

pajago, May 18, 2007 IP
  4. tehrealist

tehrealist Peon

Best Answers:
    I can honestly say that's never happened to me in any of my experiences with living around Christians or Catholics.

5. anthonyn

anthonyn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I again say, Religion is man made.We have come from God and we will go back to God. Jesus died for all mankind.He has shed his blood for us.Jesus is the son of God.It is through him that we can receive salvation.But for this, we dont have to change our religion.Remain where you are.

anthonyn, May 18, 2007 IP
  6. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Religion hinders society IMO. People use it as an excuse, as a scapegoat, to justify their actions on ridiculous things. They don't believe religion can be criticized, and therefore don't fear.

Simply put, I believe religion is bullsht. I could get into detail, but it's getting late here (1:30 AM)...

Computerized, May 18, 2007 IP
  7. tehrealist

tehrealist Peon

Best Answers:
    wouldn't that mean that the Bible was made up by man?
    And if you believe that [I'm not saying you do, but just speaking hypothetically] then how is it you believe that God created man and Jesus died for our sins and salvation?

p.s. wow I love these forums. I thought for sure I was going to be shot down for making this thread..

8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In Austria and some parts of Switzerland and Bavaria they say "Gruess Gott" when they meet. - which means 'Greetings to God'

I think this is a very loveley custom and still prevails.

The constant reminder to God's first is something we should accept. Faith is a very personal thing though, a personal relationship with God's spirit through Jesus Christ.

Most churches are missing this point and in fact become more self centered in the name of the church instead of focusing on God, - called a religion then. - This happens throughout all religions, where tradition is the center instead of centering and progressing to more wisdom and understanding.

At the other hand I see also many good churches who do the right thing.

Arnie, May 18, 2007 IP
  9. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally believe that religion is just a way of living and shouldnt be a cause for violence or any other feelings.
    One's religion is one's own free will and shouldnt be forced upon him/her.
    Any religion which claims that everyone should follow it is just a fake and a folly.
    Religion is something which is more spiritual than material..

stephenhacking, May 18, 2007 IP
  10. tehrealist

tehrealist Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah I find it kind of hard that some people who hate and would want to destroy Christianity so badly.
    If you think about it superficially, it's an establishment of a peaceful and loving community, and what's wrong with that?

11. Computerized

Computerized Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about the part where everyone who doesn't believe in Him gets sent to Hell? :rolleyes:

Computerized, May 19, 2007 IP
  12. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you are better off going to bed. You need your rest.

Bestmiler, May 19, 2007 IP
  13. tehrealist

tehrealist Peon

Best Answers:
    well I didn't want to say anything..:rolleyes:

well you don't have people preaching and trying to save you and pushing their beliefs on you, do you?
    it would be different if that were the case.

'oooh you need to repent or you'll be sent to hell!!!'
    you'll find that most Christians would leave you alone after a simple, 'I don't believe in hell.'
    and then everyone could go about living their lives in a peaceful community.

tehrealist, May 19, 2007 IP
  14. 8^)

8^) Peon

Best Answers:
    I wanted to add that Judaism has nothing to do with christianity. Judaism is a polytheistic religion.

In genesis, "and elohim said, let us make man into our image".

elohim means gods in plural, and it says us. elah means god in singular.
    The church edited a lot of the bible, added God instead of "the gods".

Also when moses challenged the egyptian priests, he made hes staff into a serpent, and so did the egyptian priests. Moses staff ate the other 2 staffs. Showing the jewish gods are stronger, but it also accept the egyptian gods as weaker gods.

The church made the bible, they took away several books, and they merged the old jewish and newer christian bible.

Islam is from satan.

8^), May 19, 2007 IP
  15. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Problem with religion is that there is either 1 right religion or none at all, either way that leaves a lot of wrong religions fighting to prove they are right which leads to violence and death as a direct result making religion a not so good thing.

I think one's religion should be confined to one's church and home and not brought out into public.

Roman, May 20, 2007 IP
  16. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's what religion does to people...it makes them hate people who have different beliefs than them (you are a clear example of this). What makes you think YOUR religion is the true one (if there really is a true religion of course) and not Buddhinsm or Hinduism or Islam or any other religion?

iul, May 20, 2007 IP
  17. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Who said anything about hating people?

KalvinB, May 20, 2007 IP
  18. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All religions that worship apparitions that make as much sense as a sock puppet are absolutely control machines in my opinion. Join a real religion based on a real tangible thing that you can worship, and will benefit you.

Jackuulism, Behold the Power of Cheese.

Jackuul, May 20, 2007 IP
  19. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how much is the joining fee? :)

iul, May 21, 2007 IP
  20. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Judiasm has much to do with Christianity. All the was wrote to the Jews by the prophets, Moses, etc all point to Christ (Christ - Christianity)

Plural not number of gods, but the person of God is more than one. Christ explained this to some degree saying that He and the Father (God) are one and also the Holy Spirit plays a part in all.

debunked, May 21, 2007 IP