1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is this all about?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by The Pheonix, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Why is it that Gary form phplynx was banned and the thread mysteriously moved along with just about any other competative thread phplynx make here? http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=329755

He did absolutely nothing wrong in fact it was a girl called paidhosting who was acting out of line but seemed to have more posts so therefore more right to post?

Going by the thread at Cantufind's forum
    http://www.cantufind.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4113&postcount=1 Gary feels pretty angry at this and I don't blame him if he's done nothing wrong, can anyone make false claims against people and get banned here?

I also seen a thread on Directory-Owners http://www.directory-owners.com/gen...censorship-biased-manipulation.html#post13201 where even they appear to have been victims of the petty jealousy of some people who can't take it that someone dares to produce a script that not only competes with the market but does so pretty damn well if you ask me.

Now I've heard the rumours of dp being manipulated lots of times, probably one of the reasons I never bothered coming here up til now but is this really true? How is it justified that phpld can pretty much post as much as they want good or bad and get away with it but other scripts are discreetly moved to obscure parts of the forum where genuine first timers wont ever go.

Example phpld post competitions, solicitations, you name it, but they can post right here on the main 'Directories' thread. Examples of just how many they get away with are here

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?searchid=3733930

This proves it isnt a 'one off' so no excuses please.....

There seems to be bias on announcements too, phpld seem to be able to post anything they like in the 'MAIN' Directory forum area but everyone else gets ghosted, or certainly most do. Example:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?searchid=3733958

This David Duval from phpld can even get away with posting dupe threads in his quest to promote his script: Example:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=324806 Okay its cleverly disguised as a 'follow up' but its a dupe all the same.

What is it with this then? Why is he allowed to manipulate DP, as that what it looks like, I'm not making allegations here I'm simply making a point that it certainly looks like. What special privalages does this guy have? Why are other scripts supressed in what is supposed to be a democratic forum? I did a lot of reading today and I hear people harping on about 'healthy competition' but it seems that this is hyocrosy at its finest as any competition to phpld gets slammed either by phpld users or whisked away to a quiet corner of obscurity.

My question thus is, does this forum or parts of it at least get manipulated by anyone? Why is it that phpld get the floor all the time when others are repeatedly moved to places no-one bothers to go. Is it any wonder why people are getting suspicious of thread manipulation here. Why was this Gary banned and if there is a reason post it here, why was that thread closed? Even if B-F-Gary was banned why close the thread? Who has the power to do that without giving reason, is it the owners or the moderator of the directory area?

These questions are bound to get asked around the internet as more and more people see antics like this so perhaps somebody could answer here.

Isn't DP supposed to be one of the bastions of forum democracy or is there more to this than meets the eye?

The Pheonix, May 15, 2007 IP
    WatchOut likes this.
  2. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Way too long to read, but why are u posting here? this has nothing to do with the directory owners or the directories in general, ppl you should be asking is mods and admins.

SasaVtec, May 15, 2007 IP
  3. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes it does it has everthing to do with them, I am asking why one directory script owner appears to get preferencial treatment over others. Any and All questions were related to Directories only, not search engines or anything else.

This is where most of the mysterious activities happen and where 99.9% of directory owners and script owners read so it is 100% relevant. It is a question directed at the general public who have a right to know.

4. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not familiar with the points you raised but certainly a full and transparent answer is definitely needed to show that the forum continues to evolve with assurances of fair play

britishguy, May 15, 2007 IP
  5. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Thankyou britishguy, I would not have asked the points if I didn't think they were serious issues that really need to be answered if this forum and its integrity as a forum of fair play are to hold any long term credability.

6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From what I have observed of Gary, his behavior seems okay to me. Maybe there is something related to previous issues before Gary came along to this forum. I guess it really up to DP to decide the rules.

dvduval, May 15, 2007 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    It's a big conspiracy!!

Get real! :rolleyes

That is one of the most idiotic things I've read all day! :D

Crazy_Rob, May 15, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.