1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interlinking on the same c-class ip?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by DFischer, May 15, 2007.

So I have one dedicated server with x host. I currently have another site on y host (that's cheap) but I think it's time to get a VPS for that y site, or put it in my dedicated server.

The thing is, if I get VPS or dedicated I would want to do it with the same host (liquidweb) but I am concerned of wanting to link to sites and those links not counting with google because it's on the same c-class ip of the server farm that liquidweb has?

DFischer, May 15, 2007 IP
  2. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Weigh in costs and profits. If you make $30 a day, get the seperate VPS. If you make $30 a month, stick to the dedicated server.

I'm sure that it lowers the backlink value but I don't believe it is dramatic.

Wyla, May 15, 2007 IP
  3. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i think google will look the ips. if they are on the same ip,links from one to other will not be counted as backlinks.

trichnosis, May 15, 2007 IP
  4. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sure they will. I do it all the time and just from interlinking my sites I get PR and backlinks.

Wyla, May 15, 2007 IP
  5. DFischer

DFischer Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? I thought google totally discounts any link from the same ip. Hmmph.

The site I'm looking to move makes maybe, $50 a month.

DFischer, May 16, 2007 IP