1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Restructuring

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, May 14, 2007.

1. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    One thing you can do is regular members get 3 links and paid member get say six links (something on that level would go OK)

And the forum remains Free - You make Tons of more money.

Thanks

stock_post, May 14, 2007 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    cormac, May 14, 2007 IP
  3. minimumrage

minimumrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree about politics and religion. They bloat the user base. Trim it out. Focus on webmaster related info. Do not make b/s/t paid or you will be another sitepoint wanna-be.

As far as the spam email and phone etc, go to a paid support system. Change your contact info and only give it to people who donate or buy products from DP. If it is a forum poster the moderators should be able to handle it. If it is product related then they should have contact info from when they paid. That would probably cut down on alot of the BS.

Also, I hate to say it, but as useful as DP has been for me at times, I don't think I would pay just because the overall quality of posts has gotten very low. There are still some gems, but you really have to dig now to find it.

minimumrage, May 14, 2007 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Yep, Sherlock-Nintendo found some information off da grapevine.

1. The Political board will be mass prunded and then turned in to WackoUniversity. All banned members will be allowed to post there, except SPAMers. Welcome back AnthonyCea!! We all missed you very much! :D
    2. Oh, did I mention, AnthonyCea is buying DigitalPoint for $1,337,666,911 and will be replacing all the mods with what he calls 'The Digital Point Republican Nazi party'. Co-Admins with him will be Will Spencer and sitetutor!! :D
    3. The site name will be changed to WackoPoint.
    4. Posts in the buy/sell/trade and introduction boards won't count towards post count.
    5. The layout will be changing!! :D
    6. The number of images/smilies allowed in posts will be...unlimated!!!!

Welcome to da DigitalPoint from Planet Zeekois!! :D

Nintendo, May 14, 2007 IP
    login and Mia like this.
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I am favorably and strongly inclined towards religion. But that's zero percent of the reason that I value Digital Point. I'm here for the give and take on webmaster issues. I wouldn't care a bit if the Politics and Religion forum was shut down.

Jim4767, May 14, 2007 IP
  6. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Cheap SEO Services, May 14, 2007 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Precisely! And that is the rationale in my thinking for suggesting at least a partial paid membership. In the college sports forum I frequent, there are three paid-member-only forums and maybe ten free, open ones. The quality of posts is far higher in the paid forums, and spamming and flaming are not tolerated (therefore, nearly nonexistent).

And yes, there are thousands of us who willingly pay $99/year for paid membership on that sports forum. I would likewise pay any reasonable fee to see a less-flamed and higher-quality Digital Point.

Jim4767, May 14, 2007 IP
  8. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    But then Jim you would be also getting rid of posters that post helpful text that can't afford it. I know I would not be able to, and I think I have never spammed, flamed or done anything like that..

KIbeth, May 14, 2007 IP
  9. minimumrage

minimumrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not spamming or flaming I am talking about. It's how every other post sounds like this:

"Hi I wonder pagrank in furum equal better site for searches, yes? I have three site equal better with others. Thanx."

WTF?!?!?

I read this stuff and just shake my head, and go read something useful at another blog or forum.

minimumrage, May 14, 2007 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    An aptitude test perhaps?

...created by Nintendo of course. ;p :D :D :D

Crazy_Rob, May 14, 2007 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A valid point. That's why I refer by way of example to the sports forum I belong to. It has premium, paid forums as well as free, open forums. As a paid member, I can go to all of them. Non-paying members can still go to the majority which are free ones, and thousands of them do. Nevertheless, for us die-hard sports fans of that university, I find the three paid forums far more enjoyable to read and post in. The paid-and-free combination gives everyone access, at the same time giving paid members access to forums which are notably more "civilized" :) and better-moderated than the open ones.

Jim4767, May 14, 2007 IP
  12. mypoint

mypoint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hopefully it is something verry cool :)

mypoint, May 14, 2007 IP
  13. KIbeth

KIbeth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I decided Nintento will be our new leader, he shall write a book and make us pay for it, and he will al allow us to be transformed into super beings. Oh and we should use a meter to check if we allow people in.. I am thinking maybe something like

[​IMG]

That way we can quickly get the celbs in who give Shawn more money, untill he dies then I shall take over.. What do you mean it has been done?

KIbeth, May 14, 2007 IP
  14. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if in the last 6 months the quality of the posts has gone down ? Or maybe its me that are wiser ?

login, May 14, 2007 IP
  15. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I just heard...

DIGITALPOINT
    HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

minstrel, May 14, 2007 IP
  16. MDStidham

MDStidham Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what she said :)

MDStidham, May 14, 2007 IP
  17. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yah one of my friend also told me today, digital point has been sold.
    so is it true??

imteaz, May 14, 2007 IP
  18. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need a vacation!

Thats what you need, I mean a real vacation, Like go somewhere where and leave the laptop behind. You can then put everything into perspective when you get back.

I run a hosting company, I do dp (hmm that doesn't sound right), I own s T-shirt business, and I work 50 hours as a Tech, new 9 month old baby, oh, and I sell stuff on Ebay for other people. I got so burned out, I couldnt focus at all, finally I damn near had a break down and just went away for 3 days. I didn't plug the laptop in once, and left the cell phone in my room. I was bored to death, but when I came back, it was like everything was so clear, I knocked out work so fast, and when I got caught up, I thought to myself, "damn, that was all I had to do?"

catyack, May 14, 2007 IP
    eXe likes this.
  19. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    login, May 14, 2007 IP
    soju likes this.
  20. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So the roll eyes:rolleyes: is a sign of DP not going paid. Huh huh is this true shawn :rolleyes:

FOX LORE, May 14, 2007 IP