1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Submission Software

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by big-bad-burrow, Jan 3, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I thought you might be interested in a new SEO tool I've released called SubmitEaze (www.submiteaze.com) which enables you to submit your website link details to hundreds of web directories extremely quickly.

I think everyone is in agreement that there is a huge number of directories out there, but the problem is it takes a long time to submit your details to them and also it's annoying having to re-type your details time and time again. This tool solves both of those problems by providing a list of directories you can work through and also includes a auto-complete tool to enter your details automatically. You can also suggest directories to be added if they aren't already included.

I'd be interested in your comments.

BBB

big-bad-burrow, Jan 3, 2006 IP
    mookie9920 likes this.
  2. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tools like this are definately needed although your customers would need to balance the price for software like this with the cost of paying somebody to do it for you.

I see directory submission services are around £15 per 100 directories so for the price of this software you get at least 300 submissions without having to lift a finger.

Is there a trial version?

dave487, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a good idea. I agree with Dave though, that there are people offering directory submission services at around $0.25 (sometimes even less) per directory. For someone with just one site to submit, they may go that route rather than buy software they will use only once. But for webmasters who are constantly getting building sites, if the software is affordable and truly quick at submitting, they would happily purchase such a product.

EveryQuery, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  4. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. I'm aware of the submission services that are out there and I'd be targetting the people (who like you say) operate a few websites, or people who rather do things themselves.

The software cost $49, so if you operate a couple of websites then it's money well spent. You can create different profiles in the software so you can keep track of which directories you've submitted to for each different website you operate.

big-bad-burrow, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  5. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main problem I see is lack of directories. I saw the demo, love the accent by the way, and there where only a handful of directories. The software not only needs to have the ability to update, but it needs to be user-based. This is crucial for me. I will not blow off my valuable time waiting for a 3rd party to add a site. What if I find 10 new sites to add? Now I have to wait on you to add them and my time gets lost.

Just something to think about.

The site also needs more info, such as what type of system is required for the software (IE mac, win, any).

marketjunction, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  6. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    "love the accent by the way"
    Ha, I even tried to tone down the britishness!

Well there's 100 directories currently listed (I'd say that's more than a handful?). We'll be adding more directories in the near future, hoping to reach 200 in the next few weeks.

"What if I find 10 new sites to add? Now I have to wait on you to add them and my time gets lost."
    You can send us the list of directories you want to add, and in the meantime use submiteaze to quickly enter your details - there's a field where you can manually enter URLs so you can still do it.

Thanks for the feedback.

BBB

big-bad-burrow, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  7. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to like British comedy and stuff, so I like the accent. IE The Office.

Good luck with the software. Looks pretty simple to use, which is a good thing.

marketjunction, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  8. WorldImpulse

WorldImpulse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few suggestions to make your software better....
    1) You only provide 1 title (make that atleast 10 titles, such that each time a random title is selected)
    2) Same is the case with discriptions.
    3) The users should have the ability to add directories on their own.
    4) Your list of directories is not SEO friendly, just for example http://www.landoflinks.com doesnot provides seo friendly links. So try to make the list bigger and better.

Hope this will help you :)

WorldImpulse, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  9. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks very nice, I watched the tutorial and downloaded a version.

I probably expected too much but I was hoping there would be a feature to enter the submitted site's details and then click one button to submit it to all directories.

Does the purchase of a licence allow the buyer to provide directory submission services to their clients?

Did you develop the software yoursel?

Fergal, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  10. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words. Ideally it would submit to the directories automatically and I thought about ways of doing this, but there's a few problems that could never be overcome due to the limitation of software. Such as:

- Some directories require you select the category of you website from a list

- Some directories require you enter a verification code

- Some directories require you navigate to the correct category before submitting, others allow you to submit to a single generic page

So really, the way that has been implemented in SubmitEaze is the most effective way so you can be sure that all submissions are succesful.

- Martin

big-bad-burrow, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  11. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great I idea, I'd be prepared to pay ALOT more if submission was completely automatic and the directory list was larger.
    You could also look at charging a monthly fee to keep the directory list up to date and adding new ones.

MattUK, Jul 12, 2006 IP
  12. NaSh123

NaSh123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are the updates free? When you add more directories are we allowed to grab that list some how?

NaSh123, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  13. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The ability to add your own directories is probably the most needed feature. Also I like the idea on directorysubmitter of it showing you the directory PR and also the color coding.

Downloading submiteaze as I type this...Ill check it out.

Nerz, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  14. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like the bare bones of the software is good, and i notice there is a custom directory option to add your own I imagine. Its certainly a lot cheaper than some others....

Nerz, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  15. continuum

continuum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any idea if it is possible to have the software show the PR of Directories, and be able to sort them accordingly?

continuum, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  16. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    mystikmedia, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  17. ||NeX||

||NeX|| Active Member

Best Answers:
    The tool has now all the features you described here as your wishlist. The main question is if those directory submissions are really good backlinks or not ...?

||NeX||, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  18. IndieRetailer

IndieRetailer Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked at the Submiteaze website and viewed the online tutorial. It looks like a very useful piece of software and something that I've been looking for. However, I'm curious that if this software is so effective, why does Google only show 331 references to "submiteaze.com" and a link check only shows 18?

IndieRetailer, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  19. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, we (yes it's not just me anymore!) have just released the new version of SubmitEaze. Basically there's lots of new features but the main one is a new tool called 'Directory Detective' which will crawl the directories you've submitted to in order to find any links to your website. It will then extract the anchor text and find the Google PageRank of every link, so you build up a complete picture of all of the links.

Like I said, there's lots of updates and there's no point listing them all here so for more info please have a look here:

http://www.submiteaze.com/upgrade-30.html

Any feedback please feel free to PM me or post here.

big-bad-burrow, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  20. big-bad-burrow

big-bad-burrow Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd let eveyrone know we've now implemented two license options (Standard and Pro) so anyone wishing to buy can choose what features they want to pay for:

The standard license will enable users to use the directory lists that come with SubmitEaze (Free, Paid, and Reciprocal), submit their websites using the auto-fill function within the software, and then track their submission status. Users will still receive regular directory listings updates and software updates as usual.

The professional license is designed for users who want to customize SubmitEaze to their own personal needs and enables you to use all of the features within the software, including the ability to add your own directory lists to the software, use the Directory Detective Tool, customize the auto-fill facility, take screenshots, and create submission reports.

The price of the professional license will remain at $98.95, and the new standard license is available at $59.95. Even if you decide to purchase a standard license you can still upgrade to a professional license if you decide you want to take advantage of the professional features at a later date.

For a full breakdown of the features please see our purchase page: http://www.submiteaze.com/purchase/

:D

big-bad-burrow, May 13, 2007 IP