1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from google adwords - Anyway of getting back on

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by ianwilcox, May 10, 2007.

Hi All.

I was banned from adwords for bidding on a keyword for downloads which was a product i was affiliating.

Seems a bit harsh seeing google gave me no warning and are now claiming this is lifetime !!! its like being a criminal drink drivers only get 12 months !!! lol

Anyway just wondering if anyone who has been banned ever got back in ?

I.e like using a different location to use adwords on i.e a different computer , ip , country.

using a fake address and fake name .

and using a prepaid visa card under the issuers name

Would this work ?

Your views

Regards

ianwilcox, May 10, 2007 IP
  2. CustardMite

CustardMite Peon

Best Answers:
    False moustache?

Seriously, Google are (I've heard) quite good at spotting banned people - I think they'd have to be, or the PPC adverts would constantly be filled with serial offenders, just changing their details whenever they were banned.

Even if you get back on, it'll be like a Sword Of Damocles hanging over your campaign - I think you're better trying to patch things up with Google - send them some flowers, maybe?

CustardMite, May 10, 2007 IP
  3. User_Online

User_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you get banned from Adwords? I mean seriously. I imagine you have to do something really bad for them not to take your money.

User_Online, May 10, 2007 IP
  4. ianwilcox

ianwilcox Active Member

Best Answers:
    not atall... have search around

they love banning people... i know alot of people who have been banned from a click bank forum just for bidding on a certain keyword

How can they be good spotting people if the cc is a different person , different billing address different country different campagins etc

5. jac666

jac666 Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is true.. lol

jac666, May 10, 2007 IP
  6. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO Google are going down hill with their suspensions etc.

Sohan, May 10, 2007 IP
  7. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    Its quite easy to get another adwords account if you've been banned, not nearly as had as getting a new adsense account.

Just sign up with different account details, should be fine.

amnezia, May 10, 2007 IP
  8. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    Banned for bidding on a keyword?
    What keyword?

cianuro, May 10, 2007 IP
  9. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You want that we all help you, but you don't want to tell nothing about your case isn't you?

Micromag, May 10, 2007 IP
  10. ianwilcox

ianwilcox Active Member

Best Answers:
    movie downloads
    download movies etc.

google didn't actually tell me what keyword it was...

reading around the forums they have had a massive clear out of movie download software etc and rather than banning urls they have just banned us affiliates without warning... i mean they could of just cancelled the campgains but not perm bans :(

11. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that they ban people who break the rules. Makes it easier for the rest of us.

GuyFromChicago, May 10, 2007 IP
  12. ianwilcox

ianwilcox Active Member

Best Answers:
    When i started with adwords it was fine to bid on these keywords but during the last google slap they disallowed these keywords and people only started to find out about it when there adwords were cancelled and then there banned.

ok a rule as been broken but give me the chance to cancel there campgains and fall in line with the TOS rather than just banning them!!!

Ive never known a company that does not want to take someone's money who is willing to go by there current tos!

and there support staff are no help apparently you cannot appeal about this yet....

Infact if you ask when u can appeal they will say... soon!

13. Micromag

Best Answers:
    ianwilcox,

The problem was not the keywords, but the landing page.

I've seen a lot of people being banned due promoting movie/music downloading sites and Google is playing hard: they are not giving too many chances to these publishers to understand what is going on.

Micromag, May 11, 2007 IP
  14. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its the landing page too. Google doesn't like a lot links going directly to a site. A lot of afiliates are using their own landing pages that eventually send the customer to the targeted site. Google probably tracked the keywords to certain sites that were getting too much traffic.

eric8476, May 12, 2007 IP
  15. Micromag

Best Answers:
    Google would no hear people banned - sorry, but i think that is a waste of time.

Micromag, May 12, 2007 IP
  16. Micromag

Best Answers:
    This is completely different.

Excluded sites form organic search has no agreement with Google.

Banned people from AdWords violated agreement with them and they will not give a second chance. I already saw a lot of people trying to convincing them to reconsider and give a second chance - they never give a banned guy a second chance - if you think that you'll be the first go on and try it.

Micromag, May 13, 2007 IP
  17. Micromag

Best Answers:
    a lot of people already tried it - it doesn't work. Google is good in tracking banned people.

Micromag, May 13, 2007 IP
  18. CharlieTango

CharlieTango Peon

Best Answers:
    i've been reading alot of threads on this topic, and i've noticed you've posted in a few of them Micromag.

You seem to try to convince people of how good google is at tracking people who were banned...

you are definitely right, but if you use your head it is easily possible to never get caught, it's not nearly as hard as you imply.

relocate, get a new name (business name) and card, buy a new computer, or at least format and change mac address, get a new email (especially if you use gmail) and you should be fine.

the process of getting back into adwords is difficult enough that you never want to break the rules again, so play nice and fair when you get back in and you should have no problems.

I personally feel google is just way too harsh with their bans, but i also think that some people definitely deserve it, but a second chance is never a bad thing... people tend to not screw up so much on a second chance. Hell... most convicted felons even get a second chance.

ive read just about every thread and post on the internet about "adwords bans" and theres always a few jackasses who say something like "I like the fact that they ban people who break the rules. Makes it easier for the rest of us." or "How do you get banned from Adwords? I mean seriously. I imagine you have to do something really bad for them not to take your money."

those people are just ignorant. They are just as likely to come around these forums crying about being banned in the future. Alot of banned people get banned at random for breaking a brand new rule that google failed to notify people about. This is what happened to me anyways.... no warning, no email, no decent explanation...

anyways, good luck to anyone making an attempt to get back in.

dont listen to the naysayers here, fact is, it can be done, has been done, and will be done again.

CharlieTango, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  19. Micromag

Best Answers:
    Buy a new computer?

Change the mac address? why? Do you think that is possible for Google know your mac address?

I have experience of seeing closely a lot of people trying similar things that you told but they all failed - I never told that is impossible, but that is really very difficulty.

Have you managed to get back again using your methods?

Micromag, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  20. phjohnso

phjohnso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand being banned from adsense but adwords??? come on now. you were doing something wrong and they told you - you ignored then and then you got whacked. Welcome to reality bubba!

phjohnso, Sep 7, 2007 IP