1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Matt Cutts and the paid links

Discussion in 'Google' started by pixads, Apr 16, 2007.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, the "above discussion" includes comments by people other than me. Are you reading this thread?

As I said earlier, I have seen links to my sites in directories that certainly were NOT submitted or placed there by me and I don't outsource anything to anyone. By your *cough* logic *cough*, the fact that they are there "proves" that I am buying links.

You keep telling that to your clients, if you have any. Please be sure to empohasize that you have it in writing from the Colgate CEO himself that he specifically requested links from a two-bit PR0 directory that no one has ever heard of because he felt that this was the only way to get the word out that Colgate exists. I can quite believe that most of your clients have probably never used Colgate toothpaste. :rolleyes:

Be sure to keep them as far away as possible from all those comments to the contrary from Google and its employees, though. You wouldn't want contradictory evidence ruining your business, would you?

minstrel, May 8, 2007 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    o'rly?

(0 hit) site:www.google-watch.org discount
    (0 hit) site:www.google-watch.org penalty
    (0 hit) site:www.google-watch.org devalue
    (1 hit) site:www.google-watch.org filter
    www.google-watch-watch.org offers even less hits, in fact, offers nothing other then a few rebuttals for the first site. Neither outwardly discuss paid links, penalties, or the like.

I'm sorry, your sources are less valid then Matt Cutt's blog, the dictionary, or Digital Point when trying to back up your credibility of acceptable use.

I'll not bother asking again, it's clearly a lost cause having someone as important as you back up what you say...

Though I do thank you for the links, maybe I'll learn something :eek:

Qryztufre, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Now THAT is hilarious! :D :D :D

OK, Q, you got me. I have to admit I WAS wrong. You really ARE that obtuse. Astounding but evidently true.

Did you read any of the pages at the end of those links, Q? Did you even skim them? Did it occur to you to even wonder why I suggested you might want to visit those sites?

Are you or have you ever been a guest at Area 51? :rolleyes:

minstrel, May 8, 2007 IP
  4. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I thought it would be safe to assume you offered me links to prove what I've asked. If that was not the case then you offered them under false pretenses. You offering nothing but opinion, and me giving actual relevant links.

If I am stubborn and obtuse for asking for proof, what does that make you for being unwilling to supply it?

Is it really that hard to offer something, ANYTHING, other then your own word for it?

Again, I've offered evidence on Mr. Cutt's blog, here on Digital Point, and the Dictionary. You've supplied two links that had nothing to do with my question, or the thread in general.

I'm curious what else you can come up with to not give proof.

5. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You're just refusing to listen, Q. Or too dumb to understand. I don't know anymore.

Pointless to continue this.

minstrel, May 8, 2007 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    And you are just refusing to back up the things you say...

I guess it's understandable for you to think I might be dumb. I mean, a smart person would just take everything as it's handed to them without wanting proof of what was said. Like how you accepted the proof of Colgate buying links.

I mean, I'm looking for the acceptable use of a few words that I didn't understand, so I looked on relevant pages...but seemingly all of my sources are 'confused' and as one of my sources was Digital Point, and you are a member here, I can only assume you are confused too...so when I ask for something other then your word for it and get two links that have nothing to do with the answer, it just makes me look dumb.

Yeah!

Indeed.

7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Yes I am.. but are you??

At this point, I really doubt your ability to read and understand even plain English. As I stated Above, I have found that Companies are 'BUYING' links in MY directory.. And As I own them, and Operate them ALONE, I didnt add any link to any of these sites and I am damn sure that its not 'PEOPLE' adding them. I highly doubt that there are nut cases who spend their money to add philips' or vodaphone's site to random paid directories if they are not associates with them.

And who knows if you are buying link, but afraid of Big G to admit it in public..

Can You even spell S.E.O?? :rolleyes:

You are a huge waste of time as for Argument.. you have no facts, but only your assumptions and BS theory.. and when you cant defy opposite arguments you start to attack them on personal level. Good luck with noob training...

The Webmaster, May 8, 2007 IP
  8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    And you, sir, are a hopelessly naive individual prone to superstitious thinking who doesn't have even a basic grasp of the principles of logic or the basic concepts of evidence or research.

Good luck with selling yourself as an SEO "expert". My adviced is to join forces with Blobmaster - I cannot think of a better team. :rolleyes:

minstrel, May 8, 2007 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I don't think I need to learn anything from you...Seemingly neither you have any logic, and failed to back your facts up.. thank you very much...

Ahh.. the assumption strikes again.. You are full with them, aren't you?
    I dont 'sell', 'rent' or 'offer' my SEO services to anyone else in this world. I am a coder/programmer not an 'SEO Expert'.

As far as joining forces with blogmaster is concerned, he is a very good friend of mine and I prefer him over you at any given time. For you everyone who disagrees with is moron, while you are 'Mr. Know It all'.. tell me are you like this since birth?

PS: And ohh.. thanks for the red rep too, I only wished you had dare to sign it up

The Webmaster, May 9, 2007 IP
  10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I thought so. You can tell a lot about a man by the company he keeps. What gave you away was the sound of tumbleweed and crickets emerging from your ears... :)

minstrel, May 9, 2007 IP
  11. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread made me remember something I saw a while ago:

[​IMG]

frankcow, May 9, 2007 IP
    jhnrang likes this.
  12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    I think the quote below pretty much sums you up...

Qryztufre, May 9, 2007 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  13. Jambo

Jambo Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought this might be a worthwhile forum to check regularly. I've heard of it before.

10 minutes reading and I am ready to leave. I am over tasked and do not have time for nonsense.

Jambo, May 9, 2007 IP
  14. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Some guys just show off they are something ... but they originally are not even worth replying - you know whom iam referring to :D
    If they are not SEO Experts no idea why they do waste their time in replying in a SEO related thread.
    I have never seen his/their website ranking any big keyword and which is the reason they cant sell Seo services ;)
    If you are a seo expert you dont need any certifications , your websites/ results is the certification and if you dont resell your services that proves your low knowledge in the field.
    You guys are showing some small proofs and trying to say that colgate officials are buying links in PR0 directories and if thats the case wikipedia naturally links to some of my websites, does that mean :eek: i have also got paid links in wiki?

amitpatel_3001, May 9, 2007 IP
  15. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Yes, because we all know that Wiki charges for inclusion. :rolleyes:

16. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    Wow where can i find more info on that :)
    And seems you took the last point to yourself though it was intended to another gang :eek:

17. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    :D I didn't really take it personally...

Though, I just noticed your sig, and I must say it's likely one of the best points made in this entire thread!

18. amitpatel_3001

Best Answers:
    After the same kind of comment on his blog seems everyone ran away :p from his blog ;)
    http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/how-to-report-paid-links/#comment-104190
    No one is commenting after that :)

Simple deal is - Read what Matt cutt says, Do what you can do , If something goes wrong follow the guru's and if its a sucess you are a Guru! :)

Pammer likes this.
  19. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Referring to me???

The Webmaster, May 9, 2007 IP
  20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    If the shoe fits.... :)

minstrel, May 9, 2007 IP