1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just found out a trick to increase CPM for AdSense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by leet, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Few extra bucks? We're talking about $1,2 per click everyday. That would make a big difference IMO.

Again I'm telling, no one is forced to do this. I just shared. I personally think this is no problem by Google's side at all, and there is nothing against the TOS. I'm telling all these based on my experiences.

leet, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Like I said before, some people get thousands of clicks a day. Being smart priced screws some of us badly. Raising your average by 5cents, yes 5 cents for ~1000click/day average =

1000X.05=50$ X 30days in a month average = $1500 lost due to smart pricing.

OP has guts and I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

Fka200, May 7, 2007 IP
  3. swapnil90

swapnil90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that even leaving it blank is messing with the code...

I wont try it :p

swapnil90, May 7, 2007 IP
  4. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very true on that, and i would also agree with many that say that Google wouldn't care since they keep the revenue, well, not quiet agree, i would not care for those few bucks when the reputation of my name/company is in play. This thing can create lots of rumors and can hurt Google's both programs, AdSense and AdWords, since as far as i understood, not accusing, G is cheating on both, the publishers and the advertisers which is NOT a good thing (saw Fka's example, $1500 for google might be nothing, but for a publisher is alot).

Trapped, May 7, 2007 IP
  5. P D M

P D M Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that... not against TOS.

How much TIME do you spend editing the ads? How many times a week/month? How many hours? How much is your TIME worth? :)

Factor that with earnings that you get by doing this and if its reasonably more than you are okay.

P D M, May 7, 2007 IP
  6. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I automated all job with a small PHP code. It just deletes the pub id twice a month, each for 3 days, and then replaces the pub id again as usual. It boosts the revenue at least %100 IMO.

leet, May 7, 2007 IP
  7. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually remove pub id while I am developing a site to make sure I do not accidentally click on my own ads, but in those conditions I usually get PSAs, not the paid one. Though I haven't tried it on any established site.

Sunny, May 7, 2007 IP
  8. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if google adsense provides a high percentage of your income, it makes sense to make sure they don't ban you.

As for DP: It's a premium publisher, who negotiates his own deals. What goes for premium publishers, doesn't go for the rest of us.

kh7, May 7, 2007 IP
  9. sempai

sempai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've accidentally tried that a year ago...i leave the pub id blank, but before the pay day come Mr. G banned my site, but im not sure if leaving a blank pub id is the main cause why im banned from Google or maybe in some other reason... anyway..goodluck to all who wanna try this kind of tricks...

sempai, May 8, 2007 IP
  10. Thomas U

Thomas U Active Member

Best Answers:
    The revenue sharing aspect of the forum is not because of the "premium publisher" status. There are many modifications available for download on vBulletin.org to make your vBulletin a revenue sharing forum and I'm sure the developers of those mods emailed Google and obviously got the thumbs up since they are still in production. One well respected forum that has the same feature is vBulletin-Faq.com and I doubt they are a premium publisher.

Here's one of the mods:
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=135079&highlight=revenue+sharing

Therefore it must be legal to change the publisher-id if all these sites are doing it and not complaining about being banned.

Just my opinion thought I could help out :)

Thomas U, May 8, 2007 IP
  11. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After reading this thread I have an idea for a similar but IMO safer method:
    -1- Ask Google if they allow revenue sharing on your site.
    -2- After permision granted, replace your affiliate ID with another affiliate ID for a few days. You should choose a reputable and related site with apparently high eCPM. Better with their permission, but maybe even without asking ???
    -3- After a few days reinsert your affiliate ID.

What do you think about this alternative method ?

ajsa52, May 8, 2007 IP
  12. goofgle

goofgle Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's safer to email Google about it. Anything that goes against the TOS isn't worth your time, you should stick by the rules and focus on long-term gains.

goofgle, May 8, 2007 IP
  13. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the reason of the ban was not that you left the pub id blank.

That's exactly how I think.

I don't think it will affect the same as my method. In my way, Google is publishing high bidders' ads for no cost. But in your way, they will still be paying.

Yea, mail them and be sure they will help you to get higher eCPM :rolleyes: Come on guys, be wise.

leet, May 8, 2007 IP
  14. senloong

senloong Peon

Best Answers:
    It is definitely a great trick for high risk taker who looking for higher eCPM. Since i have only one adsense account, I dare not to try it. Anyone try this?

senloong, May 8, 2007 IP
  15. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google employees tend to visit this forum. Even if they are not considering a ban, they are considering a fix.
    Smart-pricing was introduced in order to encourage the use of Adwords, since nobody wants to pay 2.5$ per click and not get conversions (conversions from Adwords for content are around 90% lower than conversions from Adwords for search).
    Interesting find though.
    Did you notice the changes on a site level or a publisher-ID level ? When you removed pub-id, did you remove it from all sites that it was put on, or just a specific site ?

Computer(Jew), May 8, 2007 IP
  16. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense seems to be more of a problem for the publisher then it's worth. The majority of the publishers do not make that much money to warrant this much headaches.

rmartish, May 8, 2007 IP
  17. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once you remove the publisher id, it probably prevents the Googlebot from tracking ad performance.

I guess, once it tries for a couple of days to track ad performance on your site, and finds no publisher id, it stops.

At that point, Google decides to deliver the best paying ads to the site since they figure they do not have to share the revenues.

However, I would never have posted this trick if it really does increase revenues. Why?

Because now everyone is going to do it. This is like the image next to ads trick (another great tip). Now, Google is forced to respond or else they look like they are lax on their policies.

PioneerGold, May 8, 2007 IP
  18. protesto

protesto Peon

Best Answers:
    +1

I won't do this trick. I can imagine now hundreds of people reading this forum are removing their IDs. Google will definetly notice that.

protesto, May 8, 2007 IP
  19. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder how many people will get banned.

rmartish, May 8, 2007 IP
  20. dnqm

dnqm Peon

Best Answers:
    It seams everybody is talking, but no one tried

dnqm, May 8, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.