1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo to be bought buy Microsoft

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by qwestcommunications, May 4, 2007.

1. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    And what makes you think that ? An even bigger Giant can buy off a Giant in no time.

Long live Microsoft!

-Abhishek-, May 4, 2007 IP
  2. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at market captilisation of the two companies, Microsft is actually almost twice as big as Google. Now, it might not be for longer, but for now, they are much bigger.

qwestcommunications, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    There's where I disagree with you, Google finacially could no muster up that kind of cash to buy out Yahoo, however, on the other hand Microsoft can and has reportedly already offered $50 billion for Yahoo.

IMO, I believe Microsoft will continue to push for some kind of buy out or merger with Yahoo.

feedback, May 4, 2007 IP
  4. ezguy

ezguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    who ever buys who ever i dont care as long as we webmasters get paid :)

ezguy, May 4, 2007 IP
  5. Gunda

Gunda Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe This Is Microsofts Plan

Bid 50 Million For Yahoo And Make Google Bid More. Once google buys yahoo then google will be financially a little weaker and thats when microsoft attacks google with somethn new so indirectly both google and yahoo are over together

just a thaught

Gunda, May 4, 2007 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    If they're smart they'll merge. They need to in order to compete with Google in online ad sales (vis-a-vis Adsense, YPN, Adcenter, etc). That's all there is to it. If the deal doesn't go through, it'll be the result of ego (on Yahoo's end).

jackburton2006, May 4, 2007 IP
  7. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    This talk where going on since last year and nothing came from them. Microsoft needs to do something. There Live is not working. There still a distance 3rd.

rmartish, May 4, 2007 IP
  8. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    It's a market of innovation & how well you market that innovation, my friend. Google creates a Search and a way people could show ads on their website and it literally emits fire. Bringing Google to an apex. Many sequels came up later, but none were up to the mark (see chart in first post).

Similarly, Two guys develop youtube, then comes Google Videos. But youtube rips it apart. Google comes forth and buys it off. We call it expertise.

Now Google has ripped apart Microsoft's MSN and Live Search Engine. So Microsoft is coming forth to buy the second biggest Search Engine. We call it .... aahh nevermind.

Not to forget, Microsoft is the company behind Windows, MSN Messengerand the Office Package. Three things, more than half of the world's computer savvy population cannot stay without. Linux is for the elite class, MAC is for people on the slightly richer side. Still windows can/is available to everyone.

Imagine the two biggest Messengers merging together (though they partially have), Imagine YahooLive!, Imagine Yahoo Games with MS Zone. Imagine a compact news portal, much much bigger than anything. MSNBC & Yahoo News! Imagine logging into one mailbox for both Yahoo and MSN with a fresh new ajaxified look I am up for it.

Haven't been a Microsoft fan, just for the sake of it!

-Abhishek-, May 4, 2007 IP
  9. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It'd be interesting to see what goes out and what stays in the product line (YPN, Mail, search et al) of these companies. Buying out Yahoo! still doesn't guarantee success for Microsoft, they still have a long way to go as far as their web related services are concerned.

Endurer, May 4, 2007 IP
  10. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't be ignorant, plenty of people use MSN search, or else they wouldn't have it.

ArcticPro, May 4, 2007 IP
  11. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You may right a little. But I wouldn't really say it would be ego. People say $$ talks. But if its your baby and it is your passion and still building an empire. And while in the process, everyone wants to compare you to others. I would say less of the ego and accepting the $$. It would be what direction does Microsoft want to take my company and its services? What is the buyers history and intentions.

I would say that if Microsoft buys Yahoo, it would make them more viable as a SE.

I do know that Microsoft and AT&T are pushing for a Anti Trust lawsuit against Google. Apparently the dogs are sniffing a company(Google) as trying to flex their muscles. And while slamming their fists down on the table to rest their(Google) weary muscles as a major SE. They will get caught with their pants down. Just like the rest of the major corporations for dominating the market and squeezing out their competitors. The thing that Google does not understand quite yet. The little guys(which I will refer to as roaches and crocs) outplay, outlast, outwit Google just like they did the stone ages and any nuclear blasts set upon them.

Google, Yahoo and Microsoft rests on the shoulders of the webmasters for SE purposes. It may be their companies, but nothing like a little gossip, buzz, telephone from webmasters to bring up relevance and or issues of a certain topic. They make the connective dots and claim it as their own. Welcome to the business world. They need webmasters to hop on and run their hamster wheels for them. The more we talk about them, the more hype they get, the more popular they get. The bigger they get. Than they come and smash our hamster wheel to nothing, after they get what they need or want. And I, one of the hamsters run on a gimpy, broken down wheel in their SE.

lpstong, May 4, 2007 IP
  12. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody uses live that is why Microsoft wants to buy Yahoo.

rmartish, May 4, 2007 IP
  13. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, buying Yahoo will provide Microsoft with some strong online brands. In order for Microsoft to compete with Google, they will need to have a stronger online portfolio because that's where the big revenue is. Computer software, which Microsoft speicialses in, is no longer as lucrtative a market as it use to be.

qwestcommunications, May 4, 2007 IP
  14. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hence that is why I said in the previous post. That Microsoft buying Yahoo would make them a more viable SE.

lpstong, May 4, 2007 IP
  15. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is; they don't even have $50 billion in total current assets. This is a huge buyout.

ReadyToGo, May 4, 2007 IP
  16. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yah, but the guys at Yahoo doesn't need anymore money. If they don't sell or merge, it's only because they refuse to admit that they've been beaten to a pulp by Google in every arena that they once dominated. Yes, it is about ego at this point. A billion more or less won't matter to guys who are already billionaires.

But eh, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I already sold my stocks in Yahoo and pocketed a nice chunk of change this afternoon. Screw'em if they don't pull the trigger. I'm done with them as a viable business partner anyways.

jackburton2006, May 4, 2007 IP
  17. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    ...you do realize that MSFT is nearly twice the size of GOOG?

ReadyToGo, May 4, 2007 IP
  18. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, one company with a ton of cash that doesn't get it, wants to buy another company that doesn't get it to make one giant SE company that doesn't get it. MS will just screw up yahoo to the point of making it even more irrelevant.

mopacfan, May 4, 2007 IP
  19. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    True that Microsoft is almost as twice as big as google but Microsoft has been a business since 1975 google I think since 1995. That is a very big diffrence. In 5 years google should over pass Microsoft with ease.

rmartish, May 4, 2007 IP
  20. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to disagree. Especially with the price tag that Microsoft is willing to pay. In many areas Google and Yahoo are not the same. They are both fruit, but it is like comparing Oranges and Apples. There has been no dwindle in finances etc. with Yahoo admist of Google buying up every piece of land in the market. Which says a multitude about Yahoo. It isn't ever said like what happened to Ask Jeeves or Alta Vista. It is always somehow a competitive question that is Google vs. Yahooo.

So trust me Yahoo is not dismal or subpar to Google. Or somehow dwindling in profits dramatically. It goes back to what I said earlier. If a company comes out with a certain product. Yes indeedy there will be more talk, more gossip, more hype. Which I see what Google is. Yahoo is by no comparison has lost any market to Google. Yahoo has had YPN and domain/hosting for how long and Google just intergrated this how long ago. SO if you want to compare, which, I believe this is little or few comparisons. Yahoo and Google are only compared by who will bring the better search results in a SE.

And how often do you see in the news that Yahoo is buying and acquiring any business vs. Google. Yet Yahoo has not fallen dramatically behind Google for anything. Google indeed has a twist on a few webmaster things. But by all means that would be so drone and boring if they were so toe to toe with every business aspect. It would live us webmasters little to discuss other than waiting for a downfall or bankruptcy of one or the other. Which neither Google or Yahoo are in either position. Especially since Yahoo made in market capitalization was $38 billion last year.

lpstong, May 4, 2007 IP