1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I've Made Thousands With One Proxy Site In 3 Months, No Work. Who Wants To Know?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pepsipunk, May 4, 2007.

The Beginning

February 2006 - I make a simple proxy site for my friends to use. It spreads through my school and soon everyone is using it.
    May 2006 - I have around 400 visitors a day to my site.
    June 2006 - I don't feel like paying $30 a month for the server, so I shut the site down.

Earning Money

October 2006 - I start up my site, $30 a month server. I monetize it.
    November 2006 - I upgrade to a $60 a month server off funds solely from my site. I see profit in the same week.
    December 2006 - Earnings keep climbing.
    January 2007 - $60 a day earnings

This is with one domain. I started up a domain last week and it's been getting over 1,000 uniques since Tuesday with no effort on my part, apart from the initial push it needed to get started.

No Re-investing

I don't like putting the money I earn back into my proxy site, apart from the hosting I have put $0 of it back. Pure profit that I spend on vacationing and buying whatever I want. Dumb on my part, I could be making loads more if I re-invested, but it's not necessary.

It Runs Itself

Proxies run themselves. At least mine do. I've literally not visited my own site for weeks and just watched as payments come in. I don't need to check up on them at ALL. Maybe check the profits for pleasure, that's it. :D

Ebook

I can show you how I've built this up. I can show you how to get earnings off new sites the very day after their launch.

But is it worth it? Is it worth telling you the secrets?

The way I hide my site from schools so they don't block it?
    The way I market my site that is so successful?
    The way people keep coming back, and actually love the site?

I've talked with kids who had no idea I owned the website. They love it.
    My sites are not some professional sites with no soul. They're unique in many ways. People keep coming back for many reasons, not just the proxy.

Well I'm already selling one key ingredient that produces traffic on its own, but with this you could honestly get a really good return rate for users.

Not Available Yet

If enough people would buy it, I would write an ebook. I would sell it for $140, which is a very high price for ebooks. But if you're interested let me know by replying here. I'll only sell if if I can make enough profit off of it.

That's why it's not available, because not many people pay $140 for ebooks since they're mostly scams. So if it's not worth my time to write it then I won't even bother.

edit: I meant for the title to say "Who Wants To Know How?" woops

pepsipunk, May 4, 2007 IP
  2. sjsjsj215

sjsjsj215 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am interested.
    but no ones gonna buy that for $140 mate
    write the info and sell it for $5-10
    U will surely rake in some.
    Do let me know when you write
    Cheers

sjsjsj215, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. yourihost

yourihost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there a free review copy for me?

yourihost, May 4, 2007 IP
    sjsjsj215 likes this.
  4. sjsjsj215

sjsjsj215 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yourihost
    plz bother to read posts first
    its not available yet
    heheh

sjsjsj215, May 4, 2007 IP
  5. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He has not written it yet. LOL
    Why list it in buy section if you did not write it yet. Write it, then list it, and try to sell it for $5-$20. I don't think there is any chance at $140 for an ebook.

allout, May 4, 2007 IP
  6. pepsipunk

pepsipunk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because the buy section is where people would be buying it, I'm not sure where else I could list it but the forum my future customers dwell at.

I don't think I will sell it at all then. I surely can't sell what I've learned over the past year for only $5-$20. It's way too little.

cheers

7. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you would be better off offering a service for setting up proxies and offer it for a fee. Don't mean to ruin your goal to write an Ebook, but I just don't see someone paying that much for one.

I have seen people pay more than that for a service that guarantees that they will make money by using your system, but Ebooks are much on promises and little on truth that even if you wrote the best one ever, people would not chance paying that much.

allout, May 4, 2007 IP
  8. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    it makes more sense to sell an ebook for a lower price usually...

at $100...you may get like 1/1000 that would buy it...(probably not even that high)...but at $5 you might be able to get all of those 1000 people to buy it...

so $100 vs. $5000...how is that not worth it?..

Stax_Daniel, May 4, 2007 IP
  9. pepsipunk

pepsipunk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to oversaturate the market. :D

10. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    In that case I wouldn't sell it ;)...not everyone keeps ebooks they buy private...you sell it to someone for $140...i'm sure one of them is going to redo it with a little twist...and sell it for $5...most likely

Stax_Daniel, May 4, 2007 IP
  11. Xoligy

Xoligy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Know your market. You're aiming at small, unsuccessful proxies. There's no way they're going to drop $140 on an ebook that won't guarantee they're success. The proxy market is high saturated, there are thousands of proxies, and only few very successful ones. If you were to price a much smaller price (like $10-$20) you would sell a lot more and make just as much money.

The highest profit is not always obtained by charging more. If you write a good eBook that proves to be useful, you'll be raking it in. You've got a nice at the moment, look at all those eBooks for affiliate marketing, yet there's not 1 for proxy sites (AFAIK).

Xoligy, May 4, 2007 IP
  12. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:

I totally agree with, 3025678. ;)

FOX LORE, May 4, 2007 IP
  13. richt71

richt71 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pepsipunk,
    I'm gonna be honest and say that according to internet guru's the ceiling for any ebook is $87! When I say internet guru's I mean people like Derek Gehl, Mike Filsaine. I attended an internet seninar on what to sell and ways to sell online. If you want more for your knowledge then I'm afraid a physical product will have a lot more percieved value - be it a dvd, audio cd or manual.

richt71, May 4, 2007 IP
  14. 123

123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hell ! for $140 I might as well buy a network that is already making money even if its not a lot of money :) sorry pal you're looking for something too far fetched . Not many starters are gonna put in that much of money for an ebook.

123, May 5, 2007 IP
  15. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    No, not for $140. Even $20-$30 is expensive but it's reasonable. $140? No.

check, May 5, 2007 IP
  16. stallions

stallions Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people are selling similar (or even better :)) ebooks on the warrior forum for way less than $140.

If you're serious about this, do like the others are saying here and sell it for 5-$20 max.

stallions, May 5, 2007 IP
  17. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The proxy business is really easy to be successful. Instead of selling an ebook for $140 start a proxy promotion service that guarantees earnings to your members.

Nikolas, May 5, 2007 IP
  18. timelf123

timelf123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, way too much money, with that much cash I could buy a proxy network that has PR already

timelf123, May 6, 2007 IP
  19. louislim2

louislim2 Banned

Best Answers:
    I not agree with the $140, too much with just info that i dont know! If around 5 to 15, I still affordable.

louislim2, May 6, 2007 IP
  20. Quicksilver

Quicksilver Peon

Best Answers:
    Price is way to high for an ebook.

Quicksilver, May 6, 2007 IP