1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories versus Linkbaiting

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, May 3, 2007.

1. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Peon

Best Answers:
    If I thought one sentance would do it I would, I am merely addressing specific points made.

I doubt I will be very popular in a Forum about directories ;)

Lyndoman, May 4, 2007 IP
  2. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I told that I won't subscribe to this thread again --but I was wrong -as I realized its not about worthless ideas of Lyndoman. Its the issue is much bigger than that.

@rootbinbash -- Oh yeah --

How do you get that? Spamming around people's BLOG? Do you know directory owners? Do you know that one of the most successful SEO guy on DP owns GII?
    Have you ever tried to understand directories? Check Aviva, 2yi-- analyse their backlinks --analyse how they get.

They keep silent --because they are the REAL SEO experts. Not people like you who would go to anywhere to get backlinks.

Recent Matt Cutts post on Paid links will encourage spammers to spamm around SB and BLOGs with worthless posts/links just for the sake of getting backlinks.:rolleyes:

jhnrang, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. rootbinbash

rootbinbash Peon

Best Answers:
    Did i say anything about dirs?Dude they are just payin for backlinks thats all.Thats not SEO.If they are really seo experts they won't open a dir.Instead of that they will open a SEO company and earn 50k+/monthly easily.They are just directory owners who do their job well.

rootbinbash, May 4, 2007 IP
  4. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:

Don't feel you immature comments should be answered.;)

jhnrang, May 4, 2007 IP
  5. banless

banless Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that the main event between De La Hoya vs Mayweather was not until tommorrow night. Looks like the bell rung early here.

banless, May 4, 2007 IP
  6. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Look let me say this then...

Seo is about getting your clients and or your sites to the top of search results in all search engines not just google though google is 80% of the solution.

I myself do Directory submissions, tagging on del.icio.us, Blog links , sitewides on sites, chase .edu & .Gov links and so on...

Good Seo isnt just 1 thing but many and the right combination used.

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, May 4, 2007 IP
  7. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that Mate? To whom???

They are the ones whom I term Sel-Proclaimed/Sel-Styled/Self-Declared SEO experts. They think digging/Blog spamming/SB is the only way to do SEO:rolleyes:

They do not understand something --

If we were not good at SEO--how can our directories rank high among millions of copetitions? They think we are just links sellers --they never do any analysis before concluding their ideas.

I feel for those webmasters who pay --HOW MUCH ?????

Well I hear $50 Grand!

jhnrang, May 4, 2007 IP
  8. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Peon

Best Answers:
    jhnrang I don't think your comments do the directory industry any justice. By taking people comments on how they perform their SEO and their opinions as a personal attack on all that you find holy is just plain silly.

Of course some directory owners are brilliant SEO's no one is saying different, I personally think the BOTW guys are fantastic.

But saying the using social media is somehow spammy,
    is just showing your ignorance of the industry.

A clever man will have many tools in his toolbox and use the best one for the job. My directory tool is looking a bit rusty and is very hard work to use. I have never said Directories do not work. But if you had read my posts you would have known that.

If you allow the other directory owners to do more talking than you then a more informative discussion would ensue, it's not my intention to be confrontational, I like to hear other opinions even if I don't agree with them. But I respect them, even if I think they are wrong.

You don't seem to show any respect for an opposing opinion.

Lyndoman, May 4, 2007 IP
    iceberg likes this.
  9. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just a bunch of professionals having a good chat about the industry, but I love a good discussion where I can learn stuff. And there have been some interesting posts from people who disagree with me, which is cool.

Dontcha just love forums? :)

Lyndoman, May 4, 2007 IP
  10. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It seemed I might like you. You are my type of guy--who like to exchange views from different perspectives and learn from them. Though I dismiss your SEO techniques/ideas -- you are a broad minded guy:D

Tried to give you Grenns --but couldn't as I already gave you yesterday.:p

jhnrang, May 4, 2007 IP
  11. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    @jhrang.....

I ment in general..

Its a combo not just 1 or the other and it takes someone whos serious about getting
    thier sites and clients sites to the top.
    If you think that im paying anyone a bunch off $$ to submit to just FREE options then
    your out your mind as im expecting my site to be submitted to quality directories as well
    not just pocketing my money with hopes that you did me right.

As i tried to say a combo of all given resources the web has to offer
    and/or however you can to get me to the top of google.

NO i am not bashing anyone just giving my 2 cents worth is all

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, May 4, 2007 IP
  12. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Peon

Best Answers:
  13. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mayweather won on a split decision, although it looked too close to call to me, and a draw would have been a fairer outcome, but hey with all that money involved we may never know why the judges called it the way they did

If there is a re-match no doubt that will give some clues ;)

Mayweather said he was retiring, Oscar said he loves fighting, lets wait and see how much green $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is on the table

britishguy, May 5, 2007 IP
  14. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    wow im impressed... :p

i wish i had that much time to talk shit...
    But i dont and wont so....

yes i didnt even waste my time reading it as it sounded like someone hatin
    and to be honest i could care less as everyday i wake up in the morning thiers
    Reviews ready for me to do so....:)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, May 5, 2007 IP
  15. Lyndoman

Lyndoman Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what your problem is, if you don't want to read this thread, don't read it. If you see me posting and don't want to read it, don't read it. If you think all I do is post crap, then don't read my posts. You chose to participate, I don't force you.

I am sure you have better things to do rather than participating in something you think is a waste of time. Lighten up dude, it's only a discussion about directory marketing.

I am simply continuing the discourse, if you don't want to join in then don't, why get upset about it.

A directory owner comes over to the dark side

Lyndoman, May 5, 2007 IP
  16. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those who are into WH SEO often lose the balance and tend to establish/believe lots of unproven theories, but I like to think GSEO (and few others) more in a simple way.

More quality and quantity of backlinks = higher rankings in the SERP.

Either old fashion business marketing by creating a unique linkbait concept or aggressive advertising campaign such as TV commericals would be the solid way to increase the ranking, IMHO.

SEO is like a game no matter how you claim your WH SEO goes along with Google webmaster guidelines ;) To me, BH SEO is smarter and they are stronger players. Playing with G may not be smart after all. Rank #30 in G may not be as good as #3 in Yahoo! with BH SEO. WH SEO seems so waste of time, I would think often.

In anycase, I won't think too much of PR if G doesn't use it any more. As a directory owner, until then PR is still important to me ;)

coolsitez, May 5, 2007 IP
  17. mjesales

mjesales Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I use both - directories are great for some submissions and the social media sites- you can build thousands of links a lot faster than directories.

As for traffic -I get lots of traffic from both and from organic seo things... so...

mjesales, May 6, 2007 IP
  18. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Well your right....

I dont have any problem... and when you post i find them interesting ,funny, sad, and all that happy stuff so be proud you got my attention.

At first read the first few lines it starts out like your talking shit but the finally at the end you say a few are changing for the better. Well i didnt read that last part as i was in a hurry and didnt have time yesturday so my apologies.

You may choose to like directories... Hate them... Luv them.. I guess it dont matter as i will continue to build them and work on them and try to make them better then others, as ive always been the type that has to have somthing better then the next guy and always will try to do that wether a car, truck,website or anythng i do as thats me. ;)

I agree on some issues and just wanted to clarify that the directory as you know it is changing for the better as thier are more coders and people with good ideas coming along now and being creative which is helping push us forward so that we can once again be recognized as something worthwild and i agree that thier are alot of boneheads out thier that are setting us back rather then help us move forward.

I liked the idea of social thingy you mentioned in the blog.... sounds like my neighbors web directory www.tallstreet.com which people can vote and choose websites listed and leave reviews and all that happy stuff.

Ps.... my feathers dont get ruffled very easily so ....;)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, May 6, 2007 IP
  19. George55

George55 Peon

Best Answers:
    A little disinformation and a couple thousand forum posts and you have a smorgebord of information that sounds legit!

George55, May 6, 2007 IP
  20. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with lyndon on this one, I posted my opinion about this yesterday. I agree that both should be used to promote a website but linkbaiting is definitely the way to go for continually building large quantities of one-way, natural and relevant links.

kevingibbons, May 7, 2007 IP