1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best CMS For SEO?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by peeg, May 1, 2007.

1. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:

Oh, do you mean php cms systems that already exist....or

Php is no good for seo?

I am confused in what you are trying to say....

I have a cms that rocks the serps,...oh and its php :)

sundaybrew, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. grantmoney

grantmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I meant pre-existing ones. The original poster was wanting to know what existing CMS was the most Google friendly. I didn't mean they can't be fixed, so it's not a problem with PHP, but SEO isn't really a huge consideration for a lot of the big PHP CMS developers.

grantmoney, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. bob803

bob803 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can say that Joomla lacks SEO big time out of the box, there are fixes for it if you are willing to do the work, and these are not just plugin fixes, you need to go to code level fixes by hand as well.

I have a Joomla/Virtuemart site, and it took a lot of work to get both of those working together and the SEO fixed.

I just started recently with WordPress for other sites and love it, after a few plugins-widgets I have what I think is good SEO.

Now not everyone needs all this work to get up there as was said, but I don't take the chance so I do all I can.

Just IMHO of course if WordPress fits your need go with that.

bob803, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess wordpress is a good way to start.

imnajam, May 2, 2007 IP
  5. weblogic

weblogic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody uses paid CMS like Sub-Dreamer, Bitrix site manager etc.??? If anyone uses and got a Decent PR please post you comments too...

weblogic, May 2, 2007 IP
  6. ttgapers

ttgapers Peon

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend Postnuke. Version .764 is by far the most stable and secure CMS available anywhere today. Version .8 which should be released this summer takes the SEO in mind, allowing variations of shorturls and the like. In addition since it utilizes Smarty for page/template rendering inserting plugins are very easy. There are exisiting plugins for DOCTYPE, charset, meta description, meta keywords (devised by me), pagetitle etc.

I would certainly give it a try.

take care

ttgapers

ttgapers, May 2, 2007 IP
  7. js09

js09 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, how does the <!--more--> tag influence SEO?

js09, May 2, 2007 IP
  8. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say Joomla + plugins...
    Wordpress is a blog platform - not quite a CMS out of the box, but can be easily customized for it.

lkj, May 2, 2007 IP
  9. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will vote for Joomla. have use it for a while and found it easy to use and lots of add on to make it stronger.

tradeya, May 2, 2007 IP
  10. Karen B.

Karen B. Peon

Best Answers:
    I have used all the major CMS systems - Xoops, Droopal, Nuke, Joomla and a few others I would like to forget over the years, creating at least 60 CMS sites for myself and clients in various industries.

I have also used popular blogging software such as Wordpress - which in it's native form is not a CMS system.

Joomla is by far the most SEO friendly. It allows overall meta work to be done, but really shines by allowing each article to have it's own title, description and keywords. These are easily entered at the time of writing and can be edited.

Furthermore it has an addon that's quick and easy to install although you may have to rewrite your htaccess file that turns your database generated urls into search friendly links. There is a built in SEF mod, but the addon works much better.

Even more there is a Google Analytics plugin that makes adding analytics to your pages a five minute job and it too works flawlessly.

Site maps? Easy to do. Want to add adwords? Great mods make that a piece of cake too.

Joomla is built on Mambo, thus has been around since the dawn of time or so it seems, in one form or another. Good development, stable, very large, active group of users and developers.

No other CMS system even comes close to making it this easy to do good seo work on a CMS. All of my Joomla based sites for myself and clients were found and ranked within a week or two by the major engines. This was through bot crawling not linking. Most of these sites started with no link work having been done on them at all.

For ease of use, solid working mods, and performance - Joomla! wins hands down. If you are not used to a CMS system, you may have a bit of a learning curve where you might want to throw things at your computer screen, but hop over to the boards and your questions have either been asked and answered already or will be by the community and developers.

Karen B., May 3, 2007 IP
    jaybong likes this.
  11. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    My vote goes to Drupal. Nice, light, easy, seo friendly etc...

grg, May 3, 2007 IP
  12. oggin

oggin Active Member

Best Answers:
    My vote goes to Word Press

oggin, May 3, 2007 IP
  13. jbladeus

jbladeus Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla with sef-advanced mod does a pretty good job SEO-wise.
    Same is the case with wordpress which used with seo-in-one plugin can be used as a seo-friendly cms.

My personal favorite though these days is ModX, which comes with ajax and seo-features out of the box.

jbladeus, May 3, 2007 IP
  14. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for Raven Nuke 2.10
    It's a fork from php-nuke with tons of bugfixes, and strongest security and it comes also with short urls (mod rewrite), dynamic titles and with a simple addon also dynamic meta tags.
    I'm using it on my site and I'm ranking quite good for my keywords.
    http://ravenphpscripts.com/
    My site is the one in signature.
    Guido

guidyy, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seo do not relay on cms, seo needs backlinks and real content, almost all cms are SEF, you may start with wordpress if it fulfills your desires.

imnajam, May 3, 2007 IP
  16. pwhite

pwhite Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had good results with Drupal and Wordpress for search engine rankings.

pwhite, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. wiredawg

wiredawg Awestruck

Best Answers:
    Which add-on are you referring to?

wiredawg, May 3, 2007 IP
  18. lorylxw

lorylxw Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla is better, it can write defferent meta information, and it's friendly to google.

Wordpress is a good blog system, but it's not a CMS

lorylxw, May 3, 2007 IP
  19. ttgapers

ttgapers Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed 100000%. My reasons for sticking with Postnuke still stands. Hands down the best.

ttgapers

ttgapers, May 3, 2007 IP
  20. kguske

kguske Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is certainly an important factor in choosing a CMS, but there are several other important factors, too, including available functions and addons (what good is a CMS that doesn't do what you need?) and, maybe most importantly, support.

For these reasons, I cast another vote for RavenNuke from RavenPHPScripts.com. This optimized, secured and improved PHP-Nuke distribution can be further enhanced with my GPL nukeSEO addon.

kguske, May 3, 2007 IP