1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Signature Advertising

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by zman, Aug 31, 2005.

Hi all,

I was trying to keep quiet about this but someone brought up a post so Im going to go ahead and start talking about it and offering the service.

On September 5th, Labor Day here in the states, I will be launching a full website offering forum signature advertising services.

Until I can find someone to work with me that I trust to make quality posts I will be doing it alone so space is limited for the first month. This is why I am bringing it up early so that I can get my clients for September locked in as soon as possible.

My rates are going to be on a "per month" basis. I will be posting on 5 to 10 different forums. Some are webmaster related, some political, and some general "talk about everything" forums.

I guarantee at least 350 posts per month.

The posts will be of quality and I have a great reputation anywhere I have posted.

Rates are simple and to the point.
    $20.00 per month per forum. $5.00 discount for 3 months.

If you have any questions at all please PM me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Also, I am looking for people interested in placing links in your signature. You must have a good reputation and must be able to provide URL's of the forums that you post in. PM me if interested.

I already have a couple of advertisers so space is limited.

Looking forward to working with some of you.

Warm Regards,
    Eric

zman, Aug 31, 2005 IP
    smindsrt likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Good luck with that Eric, we'll be watching intently!

Will you matching the theme of the forum with the theme of the advertiser's site?

sarahk, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  3. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The advertiser will be able to choose the forum. ;)

zman, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  4. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was going to send this to you by PM, but I figured it would be useful to others also. You mentioned this... "I guarantee at least 350 posts per month." So if I pay you $20/month to submit to a forum, you are going to offer 350 post per month? Or is that for someone who is paying for 10 forums per month? If the former, will that mean if someone goes with the 10 forums option, they would achieve 3500 posts per month? That seems like a lot of posts for you to do. :-/ I was going to pass on it for now and wait to see how it works out. However, you mentioned submission to any forum desired, which is completely different, and now makes me more interested. I wonder what you would post about so much, though, in a forum such as http://forums.afterdawn.com. Lastly, do you have any format or requirements for the signature? Would something like the one I have here even be appropriate for someone else posting? Lots of questions. :)

mystikmedia, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    that afterdawn forum looks good btw.

zman, how will you handle the guy who wants posts on the tropical fish forum, or the property investment forum? It's ok if it's on forums you normally frequent because then you're being paid for what you do already. But if I choose something off the wall it might be onerous!

sarahk, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  6. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Great questions MM!

These will be addressed on the site. For now I will do my best to address them here.

350 posts per forum. The monthly cost is "per forum". It may be more than 350 posts but I only guarantee 350 posts. So for $20.00, your link will be in at least 350 posts and will remain there for every month you pay.

So what this means is that if you sign up now and continue paying for 3 months, your link will appear in at least 1,050 posts in a single forum.

The posts will be of quality. The same kind that I make here. I will not sacrifice quality of post because that is what builds my reputation.

Links can be basic text link. Mostly two words but will accept larger depending on the circumstance. I do not want to clutter my sigs so I'll want to try and keep them to a minimum.

As far as choosing the forum, I was saying that you can choose from the 10 forums that I already post at, however I have just taken on two clients on a forum that is new to me.

I am open to new forums but they need to be very active and I would want to take a look around first to make sure that the forum is on a topic or category that I can keep up with.

To address the forum you mention directly, I dont think I am ready to take on that challenge because that is in a niche that I am not too familiar with. I wouldnt want to take on a job that I am not 100% sure that I can conquer. Besides, I have to actually enjoy posting as well otherwise it is a pain in the ass so this is why I will be choosy with the forum. Just being honest. :eek:

Thanks for the questions, they help me know what to address on the website. :)

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Eric

zman, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  7. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure thing. That information is helpful also. I think one other element users potentially interested would want to know is the 10 forums available (links).

mystikmedia, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  8. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll have them listed on the site on Monday. ;)

EDIT: Im off to spend the evening with the misses. PM's will be answered first thing AM.

zman, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  9. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just don't do this on SitePoint. Selling signiture ad space isn't allowed there.

Nintendo, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  10. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dont post there. I only post where I am actually posting because I enjoy the forum. :)

zman, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  11. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well what if I paid you the $20 and asked you to join one of my forums and make 350 posts? 350 posts in a month is not unreasonable..I have nice forums too..maybe I could pay you $20 to post 100 times in 3 forums?

RectangleMan, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  12. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would do that as well. :)

zman, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  13. alternativerage

alternativerage Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think the best forum to do this in, would be www.rugjug.com. You are already a member there, and a very active one at that! :) I know that the users are quite receptive to your posting as it is...

alternativerage, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  14. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I try to keep this as the case in any forum I post in. Thanks for the kind words Richard, much appreciated.

Your forums are growing leaps and bounds for being brand new. Im glad I can be a part of it. :)

zman, Sep 2, 2005 IP
  15. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I think its a good idea... I run a fishing site.. what can you offer me?

Swordfish, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  16. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Website is now active. Please refer to the site for further information.

Forum Marquis

:)

zman, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  17. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Zman has done work for me and he does a great job no matter what forum it is.

Class act :)

web-rover, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  18. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still have quite a few open spaces. PM me for details. :)

zman, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  19. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This meqans that on the first month someone pays you $20, you make 350 posts, then the stop paying, so you swap their link with someone elses meaning the second person is paying for links on old posts. This is then onyl worth it for the first few people. Unless you are going to make 350 more posts meaning that if someone pays for the second month and not the first they get 700 links for the price of 350.

lorddan01, Jan 18, 2009 IP