1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.com domain name for Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by Jiraiya, Apr 29, 2007.

So I have a bunch of Playstation 4 domain names with a .com. Example: ps4portal.com .

It has been announced that Sony is already working on a Playstation 4. Currently Playstation 3 just launched at the end of 2006. PS4 won't be out for at least another 5 years. It has not been officially announced that Playstation 4 would indeed be called Playstation 4. Although it would be unlikely that Sony would change their Playstation name... but that would be nothing more than speculation.

Is it worth trying to sell it now? Or wait? How much would such a name sell for?

Jiraiya, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats the key here, I too don't believe they will abandon the PlayStation brand, as it's working wonders, but they can call it PlayStation whatever, and not necessarily 4.

hextraordinary, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  3. tristanperry

tristanperry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep these domains until Playstation 4 is announced, and then sell them (or auction them) that same day - hopefully people will slip into a "buy PS4 domain" frenzy :)

tristanperry, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would try to sell some of them now (if you need quick money) and keep the better ones.

I've seen VistaForum.com was sold for $XXXX (but with an established website and traffic probably)! So, you can work on building traffic to your domains and build some content / forum when the new PS is released.

Good luck!

andrej, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  5. daabomb2002

daabomb2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    is there even a playstation 4? I don't know. there are already so many playstation forums.

daabomb2002, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  6. lipps46

lipps46 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont see that Sony has reged a patent on playstation 4 yet.

lipps46, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The issue is, will Playstation call their next one Playstation4 or invent a new name for it? Also, how long till the next one comes out? At least a good couple of years.

I guess it's a bit of a gamble, but if you wanted the safer route to relise some profit, you could sell some names now, & keep a few for later on

htmlindex, Apr 30, 2007 IP