1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum Partnership

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by buyingwebsites, Apr 28, 2007.

I am looking to trade links with other forums, it doesn't matter the content of the forum, as long as it has some type of a forum. BUT, there's one big different, rather than trying to get my own links, I figure we could work together and create a link chain. For example, I will put together a list of all of the sites that want to link up in this thread and mail it out to everyone involved. We will all then link to all of the sites. So if 10 people sign up and want to link up, then I will message everyone all 10 links. In a sense, we'll create a simplistic network, which should help to boost our google traffic. I'm not going to worry about PR, because that will all go up as we link to each other. And since we are all forums, we all have at least some related content.

I know there are going to be people that are going to be negative about this, but I figure it's worth a shot.

As for the links... they can go anywhere on your page, as long as they are sitewide. This means you can place them on the bottom of the site, super small, it doesn't really matter. The idea is that we are linking to each other, giving each other a greater chance to get indexed and grow our page rank and ultimately our search engine traffic. I am going to limit this to 20 links. I doubt we'll achieve that many, but I figure anything more than that, gets to be ridiculous.

ALSO, as a bonus to those that participate, I will link up to ALL of your sites on another 5 of my sites, which are all games/entertainment related as well. I will post the results of this by Wednesday May 2nd 2007 for all to see who is signed up, and I will tell everyone who to link to.

buyingwebsites, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  2. forumSEO

forumSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    i am interested, sent you a PM

forumSEO, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  3. Univ

Univ Peon

Best Answers:
    Maaan, I am interested too. I have high quality forums. PR3s, and will soon be PR5... All my efforts are for those sites now.

You know what? We should create that link chain. PLUS!!! Yeah, plus, we could also, when we have time, go post in each other's forums, too. It would be easy, coz the links will be on our forums already.

What do u think?

Univ, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  4. Univ

Univ Peon

Best Answers:
    And also, sitewide links on forums are a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig factor to boost PR and popularity. This would ROCK the web man. Sent u PM...

Univ, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  5. buyingwebsites

buyingwebsites Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking that we'll still with the link chain and after that we could work on other things as well. Basically, by helping each other out, we our helping ourselves out. I mean if we help the other forums grow in traffic in the chain, then they will help our own forums grow. So this should be greatly beneficial to all involved.

6. Univ

Univ Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, yeah, my point was not that we should go post in each other's forums (I personally wouldn't have time for that), but that we could given that the links will already be there. Most probably, we will naturally want to do that for those forums that captures our interest.

But thanks anyways. I guess that my point was not so clear! Thanks also for the awesome idea! :)

Univ, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  7. buyingwebsites

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty much a random forum user... so I'm sure I would be venturing around and posting on the other forums in the network, especially those that are of interest.

The thing I really would love to do is create a network that shares logins... that would be great.... a pain to create and disband, but then users could go to all the different forums easily without creating new logins... it's just not realistic unfortunately unless it was a network that one person owned all the forums.

8. Arkserver

Arkserver Banned

Best Answers:
    im interested. I have a good userbase around 2300 users and an active forum.

Arkserver, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  9. Levski_Sofia

Levski_Sofia Banned

Best Answers:
    I would like to ask the author of the topic,how long has his forum been running for ?

Levski_Sofia, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  10. buyingwebsites

Best Answers:
    My forum has been up for about a week. But, I have about 400 posts a day, 8,000 page views a day, 250-300 uniques/day, and I'm consistently growing. I am starting a marketing campaign in a little over a week which will put about $2,000 in advertising towards developing the forum and getting it to where I want it to be. So, traffic is already doing well, and it will even be better soon enough.

11. EliteCollectables

EliteCollectables Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of forum do you have? Possiable be interested in doing this.

Thanks
    Elite

EliteCollectables, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  12. ThatForumPlace

ThatForumPlace Peon

Best Answers:
    sign me up!

ThatForumPlace, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  13. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting in each others forum is the best way to get one going. If you have 5-15 people who have a good grasp of the english language and take the time to actually login and answer or ask a question or two... Could go a long way from changing your forum from zero to hero. I have a forum it's on my blog directory in my sig.

It's not paid for posting which is sketchy on a few levels and it not some computer generated material or even worse a conversation between yourself. I like the idea.

Dubz, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  14. buyingwebsites

Best Answers:
    My forum is a general forum itself, so it meshes well with any forum. I call it an entertainment forum though, because it's media based.

I think it's great if you can start a forum without any paid posters, but I don't think you should discount paid posters since they add the same type of content that any other user would, but they make it easier to keep your current users around by keeping them interesting. On my forum I have taken the paid approach to a different level. Rather than just going out and finding random paid posters, I give back the money that the forum makes to the users. By doing this, they feel like they are appreciated, they don't go anywhere else, and the forum grows quickly because it gives others incentive to try the forum out. I have a pretty tight group on my forum, which you don't always see with traditional paid posters.

15. scuba5794

scuba5794 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this would be a great idea. Would anyone be interested in starting a seperate list of people who are willing to do a post exchange on each others forums? Send me a pm and i will put together a list

scuba5794, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  16. buyingwebsites

Best Answers:
    I will be messaging people by the end of the day or early tomorrow (thursday 3rd) with the final list of the sites that are in the partnership. Should go over pretty well.

buyingwebsites, May 2, 2007 IP
  17. lordofthemorning

lordofthemorning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 3 forums that I would be interested in doing this with. One has 38000 members, 23000 members and the last has 1450 members.

lordofthemorning, May 2, 2007 IP
  18. fortify

fortify Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im interested ill send you a pm

fortify, May 2, 2007 IP
  19. buyingwebsites

Best Answers:
    Alright, I have sent everyone PMs or have responded to them. If you are interested, please let me know by the end of today!

buyingwebsites, May 2, 2007 IP