1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my affiliate marketing site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Tmnoonan, Apr 24, 2007.

I am trying to help people understand what PPC affiliate marketing is and how they can actually make some money from it.

Please critique my videos and guides.

Thanks!

Tmnoonan, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  2. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it profithub.info? the link in your signature? i think a link in the post would be good

Jasonb, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  3. Lakshmi

Lakshmi Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you could improve the site by adding trust elements.

A gmail address does not really make you look like a successful mentor. One that is tied to the domain would make a better impression.

The site layout is also fairly standard - one would think that someone who knows his stuff has a more unique style. Try implement custom graphics / logos / pictures.

Lakshmi, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    The template is a bit too plain, first I would fix the header gradient (It would look nicer if you used paler/lighter green and white) and for the content area, it definitely needs some images/graphics.

8everything, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  5. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is profitHub then all you have done is changed the wp teal to wp green - big deal. Regarding videos - I didn't look at 'em.

Bombaywala, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  6. blastboy

blastboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say your title design looks plain, may be you can hire somebody or yourself to design for you.

blastboy, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  7. Tmnoonan

Tmnoonan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! - I am going to work on the layout. I just couldn't find a wordpress theme that I liked.

Tmnoonan, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  8. ottodo

ottodo Guest

Best Answers:
    maybe you need to add content more :)

ottodo, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  9. delani

delani Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at the competition in the affiliate marketing field. Everyone is claiming to want to teach the uninitiated how to make easy money. They are usually doing it with splashy sites with lots of graphics, and yours is very plain by comparison as noted earlier.

Right now your content sounds like you are trying to be those "get rich quick" kind of sites, but the site design and your profit levels can't compete with them. I wouldn't watch videos to learn how to make $10 a day.

delani, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  10. darkstar

darkstar Peon

Best Answers:
    Not much to review actually , your site doesn`t look like one of those with many graphics and with no order and a definite layout at all.

Good luck with it

darkstar, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  11. Tmnoonan

Tmnoonan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I updated the layout to make it more appealing. The idea is not to have it as a "Get rich quick" scam, I want to show people how to make realistic profits with a little work. With a little more work, you can make a little more profits.

Tmnoonan, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  12. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Very bland site. Too much text. Pretty boring. I won't even begin to read.

Bombaywala, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  13. Tmnoonan

Tmnoonan Peon

Best Answers:
    Too much text? There are a few paragraphs on the first page. What would I need to add to make it not "too much text"?

Tmnoonan, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  14. pauly1

pauly1 Guest

Best Answers:
    i would say add more content

pauly1, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  15. EdwardM

EdwardM Peon

Best Answers:
    Template

Looks very old (in internet terms). Something similar to http://www.j-learning.org/ would (I think) look better and engender more confidence in your visitors while at the same time giving new visitors an easy, visual way of getting straight into the content.

Guide

How it works:

First impressions - All that bolding everywhere, makes it look like a sales letter.

Second impressions - Actually it now reads like an affiliate pre-sales warmup.

Third impressions - Nope, no third impression. I never lost the feeling that the only reason you wrote this was to flog me something.

Let's get started:

Just more of the same. Can't get past the feeling that it's all about the affiliate sales.

Unprofessional First Video (Didn't watch the others)

The audio has quite a few problems. There's crackles, hisses, and a lot of clipping. Then you say 'That's the end of this video' which is followed by 1-2 minutes of listening to you do stuff in the background (bangs, typing on keyboard etc.) before the video actually ends.

Site

A glossary (you call it 'Vocabulary') is not really a "tips and tricks". If you are going to have a glossary, the terms should at least be in alphabetical order.

SEO

There doesn't seem to be any. Read http://www.jimwestergren.com/seo-for-wordpress-blogs/ for starters.

Overall

In it's current state, even as a 'freebie' I can't see you having many returning visitors.

You're only making $10 a day but you're teaching people? Why should anyone bother listening/reading?

Personally, if you're committed to this, then I think you're better off turning this into a straight blog. Not trying to blatently sell anything. Do a walk-through post(s) creating a campaign etc. (include your affiliate links here to products you're using and explain why you're using them). Quote & comment on other people's PPC blog posts etc etc etc...

EdwardM, Apr 29, 2007 IP