1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create an adsense site with no unique content?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by beppo2005, Apr 26, 2007.

Are you allowed to piece together a ton of free content (without violating the content provider's TOS) and use adsense on that site?

beppo2005, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    As long as the content is legal, I don't see why not. But you won't benefit much from a SEO point of view and #1 rule in Adsense is traffic.

Fka200, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have built blogs with RSS feeds that did well. I guess it all depends on what your goal i might be.

fr0gman, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  4. beppo2005

beppo2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i am brand new to looking at adsense. I got antsy and bought a couple domains to screw around with, just some cheap .info domains. I started writing about a topic that i do know a bit about, but I still came up really short in the content department. Now i am a bit discouraged as to how am i ever going to get hundreds of pages of content on a topic/niche. I realize a forum is a good idea after I get some traffic. Just looking at options. Going to spend all weekend here looking at some different things I can do. I guess if it were really easy, everyone would be doing it.

5. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, but then don't come running here wondering why you aren't making any money. :rolleyes:

jackburton2006, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  6. beppo2005

beppo2005 Peon

Best Answers:

lmao. i bet that does happen a lot.

me in a month, "Hey, all of my runover used a hundred times out of date content is not getting any traffic, any ideas on why?"

7. netjobs

netjobs Banned

Best Answers:
    You cannot use copywright contents on your site, if anybody report that and you'll be in trouble..

netjobs, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  8. rdv817

rdv817 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can do it with free reprint content, be sure to follow the authors terms of service. It is true that you will almost always rank better with unique content though. I try to have a mix of unique and reprint content...like 60% unique, 40% reprint.

Do note though that a couple of my free reprint articles generate a good amount of traffic...I "think" it is because the articles are related to the overall theme of my site and because I have done a better job at pointing inbound links to these articles.

So, I say give it a try, but don't expect as good of results as if you were to go with completely unique content.

rdv817, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  9. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOl You'd be surprised, beppo. We get noobs here all the time with a Blogspot "site" consisting of 3 articles about asbestos, credit card debt, or mesothomelia, and they can't understand why they aren't driving ferraris yet after a week. :D

Point is, yeah, you can make some great money with Adsense, but you gotta offer people something they want, and make your content fantastic enough that they not only keep coming back (i.e. they take the time to bookmark your site), but they tell everyone about it, spread your links around, etc, because your site is so cool they want other people to discover it. Is is one of the reasons why the Hollywood gossip sites do so well -- sure, all the content is from other sites, and can be found at a billion other places, but THE VOICE of the writers, the webmasters, that accompanies those familiar pictures and stories are unique TO THEM. That's why readers keep coming back to them.

It doesn't have to be 100% unique, but you gotta still offer something no one else has -- and what's that? YOU.

jackburton2006, Apr 26, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  10. sufi

sufi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you give proper credits to the owner of content and he has no problems if you put it on your site then I don't see any problem at all.

sufi, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  11. calixto

calixto Guest

Best Answers:
    as long you are not violating the term of use of the content. but using free content will hurt your site ranking in SE. :)

calixto, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  12. ilieff

ilieff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of free articles on the net. You can make rich content site for couple of days, but.... after that you must promote the site. And this is the hard work.

There are millions of MFA sites with 5-10 articles and no traffic at all. Do you want to be the next one?

You need a niche, you need rich, interesting and unique content, you need traffic. This is hard work before you start to earn some money.

ilieff, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  13. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:

Very nicely said!

Only unique content works. There are folks that reported going down to 0 income from thousands per month after google implemented duplicate filter.

lkj, Apr 26, 2007 IP