1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do you sell articles/content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by zac439, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Where do you see the most success selling content? (Other than digital point!)

I have tried associatedcontent.com, and have only recently discovered how to make good money with them. They favor certain subjects immensely. An incredibly large essay on ambition in general got about the same return as a 500 word essay on Google SERP's...overall I like them.

I tried constantcontent.com, but submitted an essay that I hadn't proofread well enough and they rejected it. I was planning on selling 10 articles there on guitars, but then someone from DP bought it for $70 so I didn't. No other experience with them.

I haven't been anywhere else. I mainly use DP as a means of selling literary works :D

zac439, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  2. Colormagix.org

Colormagix.org Banned

Best Answers:
    hmm well if anyone knows any place be sure to post it in this thread. I am interested in finding out that information as well.

Colormagix.org, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you use anything, colormagix?

zac439, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You'll never get the best clients and gigs by looking around for services and postings available online. It's all about networking. The best gigs and buyers don't usually advertise... you hear about them through colleagues and referrals from other clients. The best place to get work on the Web is through your own portfolio (and a real one... not just something like a content producer page on AC). Set up a real business site with portfolio, and market yourself.

jhmattern, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  5. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the process of doing that. Have been doing a lot of free work lately to get some credentials and reviews :D

zac439, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  6. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, developing a good portfolio site and begin networking is the way to go ;)

Mystique, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  7. pstone

pstone Peon

Best Answers:
    u can provide these services on your own blog/site for example. Together with a portfolio u will make the picture more clear.

pstone, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  8. AllyWalker

AllyWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Portfolio is essential in attracting the write type of customer - set yourself up with a professional image, provide good work and you should be ok.

AllyWalker, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  9. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to be rude, but no one is contributing to where they sell content, which was the question.

I know that building a portfolio will help selling. That is not my question, but rather; where do you sell content?

The last three replies have been simple "Build your portfolio" replies. Please let me know where you sell content, not how to sell content.

zac439, Apr 25, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  10. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    You missed my point then.... there is no "where" if you're looking for quality gigs. It's all about networking and having a quality portfolio, which makes clients come to you. If you're content just selling cheap pieces, then there are lots of locations:

DP
    Writing Forums
    Associated Content
    GetaFreelancer and other freelance marketplaces
    etc.

jhmattern, Apr 25, 2007 IP
    MaryMary likes this.
  11. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Zac439, Digital Point is a great place to sell your content.:)

I don't know why you don't try your services again at CC. The requests that are coming in are good ones, and they are paying on average of $40 each.

If you are having trouble making it through the editors at Constant Content, let me know and I'll take a look at your next submission before you submit it to them. Maybe I can give you a few Constant Content pointers.

I only write for requests there so I sell almost every article I write for them. Don't give up on selling your content to buyers from Constant Content.

Mary:D

MaryMary, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  12. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I got your point quite well. However, I am not at the level you are at..yet. It was the several posts behind yours that simply restated what you said that kind of irked me. Thank you for your insight :)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into them again- but I did not like the waiting times. I'm sure I can pass the editor's tests, I just submitted an article that I hadn't proofread at all ;)

Thanks to the both of you :D

zac439, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  13. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How can you submit an article without proofreading it? I always reread all of my articles before submitting them to anyone with fresh eyes. Sometimes I have a friend read over it just to make sure that it makes sense to them.

MaryMary, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  14. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I thought I had proofread it at the time. I file all of my article writings in folders according to status. It had found its way into the completed/proofread folder. I later found that I put it there by mistake. I proofread my works as well.

Just out of curiousity, what is your general waiting time to get articles approved and sold? What are good subjects that sell well? And what is the average 500 word essay going to cost a buyer, given very well written content?

Of course, all of these questions are directed towards CC :)

zac439, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  15. webnet.writer

webnet.writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You seem very eager to make big money. Good , why not. I suggest you be with DP as you get more number of serious appreciators at DP.
    You can be a proud DPIAN if you continue with DP.

webnet.writer, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  16. webnet.writer

webnet.writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi zac439, best way is to offer your price and subject on DP.

webnet.writer, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  17. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Yet, DP isn't where you generally make big money, so one has nothing to do with the other. :rolleyes:

jhmattern, Apr 25, 2007 IP
    moneybully likes this.
  18. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only place I sell pre-written content is on my PLR site. Once I get some free time, I plan to write some articles to sell on www.contenttycoon.com.

Wordsmith has an offer to sell your articles for you. It might be worth checking out.

I'm aware that this isn't answering your question directly, but it's just a suggestion. Depending on the subject of your articles, you may be able to sell your completed articles to some websites and publications.

latoya, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  19. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link to Wordsmith, I have pm'ed him. He has nice rates. Thanks for the website link too, I may check it out in the future. :D

zac439, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  20. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get mine from referrals, past clients and traffic to my content points mainly.

You might try locating other business forums and participating there. Make sure you have a site set up for your writing--even if it's just a page saying "I WRITE." ;)

You might also think about attending an event that's for webmasters.

marketjunction, Apr 25, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.