1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Checkout work for you? Results?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Turbosho, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Matts

Matts Berserker

Best Answers:
    We implemented Google Checkout and it's a lot of work to get right because of all of the conversations between our site and Google about the status of orders, and shipment updates.

In defense of Paypal, I have to add that PayPal does have a phone number to call and you can talk to a person to try to resolve disputes. You may not like their answer, but they do have a phone. I talked to them on Sunday morning about an issue.

With Google Checkout, it seems it's all email. Certainly there isn't a phone number for either merchants or customers. That is disappointing.

Matt

Matts, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  2. Turbosho

Turbosho Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it worth the work? Do people use it?

Turbosho, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  3. Matts

Matts Berserker

Best Answers:
    Yes, people use it. I think the idea is cool for the consumer in that they can have one account and keep track of orders all over the place. It's almost revolutionary in that regard.

I don't think that in the long run the email only support will work for merchant accounts. When you have a problem there, you need help and waiting days for an answer that could go to a spam filter isn't the right solution IMHO.

Matts, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  4. Mibs

Mibs Member

Best Answers:
    I have paypal and google checkout buttons side by side on my products, and its about 65% of the transactions use google check out.

Mibs, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  5. jimbob

jimbob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a real hard time trying to integrate this for a client's site. The process is far to long winded.

jimbob, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  6. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    every order i get my sites are from mostly new google users, that is not an issue at all.

paypal and google checkout are not similar in the least, google checkout is a merchant processing company.

WunschShrek, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. Kapitalist

Kapitalist Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only isn't Google Checkout a threat to Paypal, it is actually worse than any merchants worth mentioning.

Kapitalist, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. Going Green

Going Green Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive heard that Google Checkout will improve your position in the search engines. Is this true?

Going Green, Jul 26, 2010 IP