1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Knock Off (Rippers Club)

Discussion in 'Directories' started by popotalk, Apr 23, 2007.

In recent threads, we've seen this a lot happening lately. It is very disappointing to see other directory owners or programmers go relentlessly bring down the standard of the directory business which I see in my perspective that is on the rise. When one see that there is a need for the market these people just jump in and don't even give a damn about what is going to happen. I thought they were more clever than that all along. But no. They rather are happy destroying the market rather than raising its standards. Innovations and Developments come and go. Thinking of a more subtle way of Improvement rather than destroying the whole market, I think would benefit us all. In my directories I have added them little by little or step by step. Not rushing at all. The QBC and the Destroyer of Worlds ready to put their Genius Minds to make a quick buck. These FOLKS are unstoppable. For them its a GAME and the desire to earn a QUICK SOLUTION for their lack of Money and Brilliant Ideas would not stop them. While there are UNTIRING participants that really deserve the credit they get caught up with these IDIOTS, who are the SCAMMERS, RIPPERS.

I tell you this ENJOY it while it lasts. There are Directories that come and go like the QBC's. They don't last in the market and FADE AWAY. WHY? Because there is NO SUBMISSION form the Inner Family Circle. Which in turn there will be NO FINANCIAL GAIN FOR RE-INVESTMENT. I am one of the people who enjoys submitting to DESERVING Directories. Sure I haven't submitted to them all but will get there.

I love to see directory owners grow. Grow with Humility and Honesty. The Family Circle has been very supportive in terms of submission and subscription.

As for my final message continue what you are doing as MOST OF US will NOT SUBMIT or SUPPORT IT. Unless you have GOOD PR or JUICE to be considered, you'll stay there accepting FREE SUBMISSIONS for the moment. Then some will survive and the others will DIE a NATURAL DEATH. Where are the PAid Submissions then ? Is it worth it ?

Thanks

popotalk, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    choice, humm, MarRome and 2 others like this.
  2. loredan

loredan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations for this thread!
    My respects :)

loredan, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  3. mistermix

mistermix Active Member

Best Answers:
    mistermix, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  4. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well said

green on its way

choice, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  5. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think he is talking about every type of issue that has come up recently in this very competitve industry.

The funny thing is that if people spent as much time on their directories as they did arguing the whole industry would rise to a new higher standard.

I read an interesting thread about how many paid submissions most directories are getting and that was a real eye-opener. If you want to make money and last in this industry you have to fly straight and spend money and effort on promotion. Offer as much as you can for the best price possible and treat your customers and your competitors with respect.

jg123, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  6. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    Fantastic post. Very well said.

Good Luck

MarRome, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  7. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    burn them all!
    you even see people using the keyword filled domains from old seo contests to create directories

i chuckle when i see a niche directory created on a "used" domain with no relevance

munt, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  8. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well can i tell it how i see it?

Im going to break the big news and Just be a HERO in front of everyone! ohhhhhhh boy!
    I will give it away for pennies of even free! yes thats what ill do by tomarrow morning ill be rich and famous
    and everyone will come to submit to my directory! LOL you stupid idiot...

Now the reality....

You have now become famous as everyone who sees your offerings has added you to the shune list...
    when you need something from us, who worked hard to have (pay) what others dont ... you will be ignored...
    Everytime i get the chance to spread rep ill make sure that you are not missed ;) and it wont be green... :eek:
    Everytime someone clicks to view your site they will see .........

Am i Mad? Not at all..... as that was yesturdays thing...
    something better is on the horizen already { DL2 "Rise of the Titan"} and actually blows that out of the water...
    and will be available soon enough with 100% support.... hahahahaahahahahahha

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'd just like to say one thing here:

"A set back is a set up for a comeback."

Keep that positive mindset and stay focused on what you're doing. You will rise above and beyond. It's just the way things are.

I personally do not worry about much these days, and most of those to whom I speak with via pms, phone, yahoo, etc etc know this. (especially when I'm telling them to calm down hehe). I do fight for certain things though, but in the end things can be worked out and, well, besides that, I am always on the prowl with alternatives.(only a select handful know what I'm talking about :evil grin: )

an0n, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  10. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I love you popo :D

SasaVtec, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  11. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And Directory Owners you know it yourself who PAYS for SUBMISSIONS and SUBSCRIPTIONS and who don't and are ONLY BOUND To DESTROY THE INDUSTRY.

You know it yourself because WE SUBMIT TO YOU. IF Not ME then might be another FAMILY MEMBER.

They'll DIE a NATURAL DEATH. SO ITS NOT WORTH SUBMITTING to these idiots as your MONEY will just be thrown to the PIT. UNLESS they have JUICE to OFFER.

popotalk, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  12. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

DLMV2?? :D ;)

Velocity, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  13. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Ive seen some screenies..... It will devastate the industry as PR5-6 will come naturally to any site that carries DL 2
    And very doubtful that you will be able to copy :p

14. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    See it … to believe it ..

! Ask !, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  15. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    You just sit and feed your animals quietly please
    before i send my pitbulls after you :p

ummmm ill say this........

Its wicked and its definatly going to entertain the spiders :D
    and i think it will have a very large impact on tomarrows directory ;)

Sorry cant devulge anymore then that...

16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Replication is always a possibility. However, stability, support, reconfigurability, additional add-ons is a whole nother' ballpark. ;)
    You know I script to make it as easy as possibly for the not so tech savvy individuals to make it happen, and make it work.

an0n, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  17. Velocity

Velocity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well when is it coming out?? someone tell me, tell me!!!

Velocity, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  18. malcolm1

Best Answers: