1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automated scripts vs. manual entry

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zac439, Apr 19, 2007.

I was reading through the threads on DP, and noticed that an arcade owner claimed that he had better SEO because he manually put the games and information into his website- without using a script.

Is there truth to this statement? I could see how it would naturally create a more personalized page, but am not sure on how it affects SEO in general.

Thoughts? Experiences?

zac439, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This wouldn't necessarily be better for SEO, but would certainly enable him to build it faster

frankcow, Apr 19, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  3. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Build what faster? Wouldn't a script let him add games/information much faster and easier?

Or would it build his seo faster?

zac439, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I believe the if you use an automated script, you will inevitably be able to propagate your game site much faster but doing so may lead to duplicate game listing, error in categories and all that. Also when it comes with Search Engines when they spider, it may be better to have gradual increase in contents rather than a few thousand new games at each time.

eddy2099, Apr 19, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  5. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    True. Do search engines show preference between php generated webpages and webpages that make use of values that are hard coded? :confused:

zac439, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  6. hav0k

hav0k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the big difference here was that he was using unique names, descriptions, and keywords causing him to stand out from the crowd so to speak. When you think about it the people that use those script's are just duping content with hundreds of other users of that same script/game pack.

I personally noticed I got a lot more SE traffic from my custom arcade site compared to one of mine using a script.

hav0k, Apr 19, 2007 IP
    zac439 likes this.
  7. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. You have a point. I will definately keep this in mind, thanks! Green added to those who helped :D

zac439, Apr 19, 2007 IP