1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Remove Your Enemies From Yahoo Search In 48h

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by brandnewx, Apr 1, 2007.

1. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not totally Yahoo or Google's fault in this case. But they all (i mean their policy) are obviously stupid and seriously in need for a restructure.

* Why did Yahoo decide to ban the whole site instead of just the may-be offending pages? Google took off only the reported pages. I believe Yahoo is lazier than Google, because Yahoo knows that there will be subsequent DMCA notices for them to process.

* Why didn't Google Adsense implemented a warning system for invalid-click cases? Publishers can then counter the cases without revenue loss. I believe Adsense is understaffed. They don't have the capacity to follow up the cases. That means they would rather break good relationship with good publishers rather than hiring more employees.

* Why would adsense publisher with long good standing want to generate invalid clicks on his account? Here's my story: I started with revenue of a cent a day for months. It grew to a dollar a day after months of hard working, and grew to few dollars a day. It is a long way for me to have come to earning thousands a month. I shed tear and blood to be here, and yet pooof! "Your Adense Account Is Disabled" email, because your competitor clicked bomb the ads. I'm not crying now. I'm laughing at the fact that Adsense anti-clickfraud is a joke.

* Why are all support emails pre-written? So far, all my support emails to them were responded by robots assuring me that they were closely monitoring the situation, blah, blah. "Shut up!" I say. Don't take credits of being an industrial employee closely monitoring my adsense account. It is BANNED today by one of you guys! And my website is BANNED because of DMCA notice not because of Yahoo's so-called "link spams."

Jackuul, if i were living in the States and paying lawyers benefited me, I would sue. You gotta have a second thought, because in the States the loser of lawsuit won't pay your attorney's fees and the winning reward is much lower than you would expect. It's not the right solution for me. The laws are flawed, not to mention the whole international legal system.

brandnewx, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  2. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm eating my words right now. My adsense account is BANNED. I did report suspicious clicks, but hell I didn't know the reporting system is well a joke. It's a joke buddy. Reporting only brings unnecessary attention to your account. I think there may be a 'watch this account' switch in which Google staff can flip on or off. And when the switch is on, your account is being scrutinized for invalid clicks. And when there're invalid clicks, they closed your account. What is this? The good publisher reporting suspicious clicks got backfired.

brandnewx, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  3. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are words I wish to use to convey what I feel for you - but I am afraid many people find them objectionable and rude. However, just think what Samuel L. Jackson said about the snakes on the plane. Keep emailing google, try to get it into their heads you have some loser trying to ruin your sites because he's a freak.

Jackuul, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  4. visioninfotech

visioninfotech Banned

Best Answers:
    i read the thread already but this is not a reason enough to ban a website from yahoo. I have received many warnings from many webmasters till now, but no one filed a DMCA yet as the things were resolved. In many cases, the webmasters are just so naive that they think if their news title and teaser is shown on another site, its copyright violation, while they promote their RSS feeds as well. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

visioninfotech, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  5. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I attached a copy of Richard Henry's DMCA notice, maybe around page 3 or 4. I can't believe such companies take DMCA notice with a lot of misspelling this seriously.

brandnewx, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  6. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well its a worldwide company and after providing a ton of compensation in different cases, I dont think they are interested in having more court cases. so, they think its better to be off with a site than waste time in a case.

Yfcadmin, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  7. shongaks

shongaks Guest

Best Answers:
    this is really a scary thing... almost every thing is scary over the internet...:(

shongaks, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  8. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    shongaks ... dont worry unless you have a determined enemy online ... ;)

9. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you worry on the net. That guy is a psycho. You don't meet this type of people often. In fact, I met two within these 3 years. This one is really a psycho.

Anyway, I'm not in an attacking position--it's lame to slap a psycho in the face. DDoS comes cheap these days. Small sites he has could be sent to sleep with fish for months. But chill out... As far as the whole thing goes, it's getting better. Yahoo and google are unbanning the reported pages/site. Adsense or not, it's not the end of the world. There're advertisers who contacted me to pay twice Adsense pays me. I wonder why I stuck to Adsense program that took half of my revenue only to insult me with the ban.

I've seen myself rambling all day and night in this thread. I think it's enough now. End rambling mode. What goes around, comes around.

10. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear -- your removal is a cautionary act by the search engine to ensure they remain under the protection of DMCA in the event of a lawsuit... they CANNOT determine who owns what or who is right or wrong.

If you counter claim the rival MUST then show proof of court action within 14 days of your counter-claim... and that is where you "get them back":

1. they file and their own words to you can be used in court.

2. they don't file - and you are automatically reincluded

3. If you wish once they don't file you can sue for lost revenue and punitive damages.
    Yahoo does leave the ability to abuse the system more easily but anyone stupid enough falsely try it - is "breaking the law"... and that can be a costly matter.

fathom, Apr 19, 2007 IP
    Yfcadmin likes this.
  11. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    >> anyone stupid enough falsely try it - is "breaking the law"... and that can be a costly matter.

If US court protected non-us citizens, I would agree with you. The reward for winning the case wouldn't even justify plane ticket flying to the States, not to mention attorney's fees and more. So if you expect the victim living outside the states to sue oversea, dream on. At the end of the day, bad guy can send bogus DMCA notices to take down websites owned by whoever living outside USA.

AND, you can fake a DMCA by stating somebody's else name and address. Who knows you did it? The whole DMCA notice could be faked. You could be sueing the wrong guy!

Yahoo in fact doesn't have to remove the whole site, or does it? They do it voluntarily.

12. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really... but the idea of doing it is a measure of risk - that you won't escalate it. Nonetheless, when you counterclaim - the ball goes the other way - they must commence court action against you -- to keep you out.

A "designated agent" acting under the protection of DMCA Title 2 will remove whatever they deem is the most effective way to ensure they are protected under DMCA Title 2...

In some cases that might be the alledged page(s) and in others that complete domain... DMCA isn't specific about the amount of removal so it is up to their level of comfort.

fathom, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  13. fathom

fathom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since Google uses geo-targetting software for showing ads you can be 100% sure they use it to monitor clicks and when you do it enough - your account is flagged.

I've accidently clicked on ads twice and notified Google about them and the second time they sent back a polite "no need to report" -- "the system automatically discards such clicks and flags account according to the amount of discarding".

I would guess it is next to impossible to get $10 of money fraudulently from Google.

fathom, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  14. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well its depends on the situation. Getting money from google is hard these days .... Back in 2005 ... I have seen my friend getting over $550 to $1000 per month for click frauds. Its not really tough to do it. Its just to get a correct approach. ;)

But I aint free to waste time for it. Still I would say its possible with all those keywords hanging around you with some good traffic. :D

15. doublebag

doublebag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer."

doublebag, Apr 19, 2007 IP
  16. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong. Have you ever read click-fraud report written by Google? Yes it's not $10 but millions lost to click-fraudsters. 3rd-party audit showed even more shocking report.

>> when you do it enough - your account is flagged.

You mean I clicked on my ads and then my account was banned? Dude my account was banned on April 18, and I posted here on April 12 (link to the post) that Richard Henry had blackmailed me to remove the thread or he would make my adsense account ban.

And DMCA notice is effective in taking down offending materials, not the whole website or company. But yahoo has their own right to remove whatever they feel comfortable, with or without DMCA notice.

17. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got an update from Adsense Team this morning. They're currently reviewing my account with the additional information I provided. But they made it clear to me that there is no guarantee that my account will be reinstated. "As outlined in the Terms and Conditions, Google reserves the right to cease any publisher's participation at any time." mentioned in the email.

I'm optimistic that I will get my adsense account back soon. Because I did nothing wrong. I was not the one who generated the invalid clicks/impressions. I had reported suspicious activity to Adsense Team on April 13/14, and I've got suspicious IPs to prove my innocence.

Yfcadmin likes this.
  18. Yfcadmin

Yfcadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a good point. Using Adloggers do help in this type of cases. ;)

Yfcadmin, Apr 20, 2007 IP
  19. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Really interesting thread. I wish you good luck and waiting for further news from your side here..

casperl, Apr 21, 2007 IP
  20. CheapPurses

CheapPurses Banned

Best Answers:
    I love your site, awesome! Didn't deserve to be banned! Yahoo search engine lost a great website! I 'm convinced that you are honest, so best of luck, and keep us updated!

CheapPurses, Apr 21, 2007 IP