1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to set up a CPM chain

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by jaybong, Apr 15, 2007.

I would like to chain Burst, Valueclick, AdSense and private site banners in some not yet chosen order, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I'm able to set up my own banners as a default in Burst and Value click but I get stuck after that and I haven't even looked at AdSense yet.

Can someone please help :)

jaybong, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  2. Kamejoko

Kamejoko Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to chain Adsense with other CPM networks
    According to Adsense terms, you cannot use Adsense as a secondary network, so Adsense must be the first in the chain. But then Adsense will fill most of your inventory, leaving no impressions for other networks.

Kamejoko, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  3. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I didn't know that. I was hoping I could just use Adsense to fill all my remaining inventory but I guess I can still serve my private ads for that.

But how do I actually set up the chain?

jaybong, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  4. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    According to your PM you want to chain it this way: tribal fusion --> valueclick ---> burst

So just make Valueclick the default for TF, then Burst the default for Valueclick. Each network has a pretty simple default set-up. Or you could just make Valueclick and Burst and Adsense (or however many other networks you have) as defaults to your TF account, and "weighing" each network depending on which one you want to show the most often.

And by the way, the guy who says you can't use Adsense as a default doesn't know what he's talking about, so just ignore everything he said.

jackburton2006, Apr 18, 2007 IP
    jaybong likes this.