1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

US Bank Account for Non Resident ???

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by pulikuttann, Apr 11, 2007.

I have seen some ads about the US bank account for non residents.

Is it works ???

Any problem ?

Can anyone give more details about it !

pulikuttann, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  2. odysseus

odysseus Peon

Best Answers:
    I was travelling in US and was able to open an account with my passport and another id with picture like driving license. Not a problem at all for foreigners.

odysseus, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  3. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    It is possible to have a US bank account for non resident. You just have to find a reliable offshore US bank account company that will handle your acc. There are lot of scammers out there in the net. Some will sell you only kits(Beware!) but some will sell you a real bank account.

Bondat, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  4. odysseus

odysseus Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you clarify what you meant by 'sell'? I thought we need to open an account.

odysseus, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  5. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what you're looking for. Try to search for "offshore US bank account" in google and you will find out what are they're selling

Bondat, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some online agents may sell you a bank account package where in theory the company will help you set up the US bank account for you on your behalf. Not too sure that I could trust them. Some of these companies also sells you royal title and passports for some lesser known countries if you pay them.

The thing is that they do not tell you which bank you be set up with so it could be some small remote banks or one which is non-existant.

The best option would be to visit the US, go to a bank and open a bank account there. Most reputable banks would not allow you to open a bank account remotely.

Some people have reported signing up for an e-trade trading account which provides a bank account, a check book and an ATM card. I am not sure if there are monthly charges or the requirement to perform at least a number of e-trades through their system.

eddy2099, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  7. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps someone can state what they think is the best bank to open a account too?

ringtonegeezer, Apr 12, 2007 IP
    pulikuttann likes this.
  8. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is fairly difficult to open a US bank account without actually being a resident. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but since the patriot act crap just about everything requires a social security number now. Even a drivers license here in Texas requires a signed affidavit from the social security administration or your physical card.

I would definitely try etrade and see if the account you can get with them has a US routing number. An offshore bank will most likely not have a US routing number so it would not meet any requirement for a US bank account if that is what you need.

I would imagine that many of the companies offering US bank accounts are just scams as eddy2099 suggested.

jestep, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  9. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    pulikuttann, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  10. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Did u read this on their site ?

-Abhishek-, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  11. pulikuttann

pulikuttann Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah !
    But is they trustable !!!

pulikuttann, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  12. waikit86

waikit86 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've bought a bank account opening kits for $5. Any one wants it? I can give you free of charge. PM me for the download link.

waikit86, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I could have signed up with all those but I decided not to as my money is important to me and those business which offers bank kits seems to be quite fishy in character.

I would only deal with a reputable bank directly and if I cannot get it, I would not bother.

14. bhammer

bhammer Peon

Best Answers:
    i had a US bank account once. But i had to open it when I was there

bhammer, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  15. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is better you don't try to open US Bank account if you don't have a TIN in US. For the foreigners who go to US, banks let them open accounts on passport, but according to Fed regulations, they are supposed to collect the SSN/TIN within a few months.

sukantab, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  16. Your Content

Your Content Banned

Best Answers:
    Someone who lives in China, Africa or Nepal with no money to travel will not opine that way, LOL

Your Content, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  17. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, with the international banking facilities available now, you do not need to have a US bank account if you are not on US soil. I know it would make it easier to deposit paypal funds especially if your country does not support Bank transfers through Paypal but there would still be some associated cost in maintaining a US bank account overseas and withdrawal even if it is done via an ATM Card would inevitable cost you per transaction. There may be associated monthly or annual fees to maintain the account and all that hussle.

If you need to pay bills then keep some funds in Paypal to pay for those US bills, the money you do not need to use to settle those US dollar bills like those payments at home then just withdraw them.

I understand that with Paypal, the check can take up to 45 days to reach you so just factor that for future payments. If you withdraw on a monthly basis then just consider April Income for June Payment. Actually, it is not a bad thing to know how much you can spend in the future because this allows you to budget for the future.

18. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    If you come to the United States, walking into the bank will help satisfy the YKYC (you know your customer) regulation. You do not need a SSN for a bank account unless it is interest bearing.

Opening an account online - it is possible but they will ask for the SSn to help satisfy the YKYC regulation.

Bank of America is a world bank. They will usually be able to open a bank account up for you if you walk into the bank. They also have relations with other banks in other countries. Check with some of your banks - small or large (you would be surprised) - to see if they have a relationship of sorts with Bank of America.

Corey Bryant, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  19. dev_cw

dev_cw Peon

Best Answers:
    what if you are a US citizen but do not reside in the US. I would like to open a bank account there but I will not be able to visit for some time, an online application would be great.

dev_cw, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you are a US citizen not residing in the US, you actually can open bank accounts online. I believe Well Fargo does allow you to do so. I am not sure if you however need a US address or not.

eddy2099, Apr 13, 2007 IP