1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phplynx - A very SE friendly directory script...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vito, Apr 9, 2007.

1. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm seems like you forgot to research before you posted. phpLD does have a seo friendly section if you didn't see.

you can change that detail.php?id=12 to an html page and i see your concerns with that, but as you know an0n here can do some magic with phpLD. If you go to him he can give you a mod which will allow you to have title in your directory detailed pages.

as of i see the directory script itself have nothing to do with this thread, and the only thing i am getting out is you promoting for CantUFind Network.

You will be trashed if you try to trash another script. Not because you are saying a word Nigger in a black community when you are the only white person, but because you are trash talking another person's product just to get some another product up.

This was exactly the way the owner (cantufind) promote his directory as seen by many he try to trash phpLD everywhere with his pointless assumptions, and you are doing the same.

I rest my case.

smub, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  2. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    smub, I would like you to ask you to directly quote me where I am trashing phpld. I have already stated that I use phpld in one of my directories and will continue to do so. I have simply stated that I also use phplynx and prefer it as a directory script. This is my opinion.

Again, please show where I am trashing phpld. If trashing is equated to stating that I prefer another product, then seriously, you need to grow an outer skin. If you can't handle hearing someone preferring a different product, you need help beyond the scope of this thread.

Vito

vito, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  3. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hehe this looks like one of those vbseo threads

iatbm, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  4. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself this; What is more important? The way you see it or the way the SE's see it?

The human eye sees it both ways. The SE's don't. What's better? one or all?

an0n, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah He needs to learn to be much MORE friendlier here rather than arguing. :mad:

popotalk, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  6. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I personally don't really know which is better but for sure I know that SE don't see I_See as ISee but as I See also.....

iatbm, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever you're ready to provide these cold hard facts, then i'm ready to read.

an0n, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  8. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    an0n I don't want to argue but I get searches and visitors for phrases that I have in my urls using _

When I started to use - later in some articles I really didn't see any real improvement....but hey this is my experience only and for me it is really pretty the same if I use - or _ .... some will argue but that is what I think....

iatbm, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  9. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably “Algos” are smart enough to make “_“ equal to “-” and equal to "space", personally I prefer “-“ from a SEO standpoint of view.

! Ask !, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    this isn't an argument, unless you are arguing to yourself at this moment.

you said that 'for sure I know that SE don't see I_See as ISee but as I See' and all i asked was to get this reading material.

Of course, 99% of the facts people tend to make up are on the fly.
    (Do you follow that point?)

an0n, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  11. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But surely does not the points raised on DP have an influence on the algos :rolleyes:

As there are so many experts on DP :cool:

britishguy, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  12. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Where are you going with this ...

If people find my site when they type in SE : "I want to find this" and they find my site on #1 with my url "I_want_to_find_this" then it is all good yes ?

Oh and I use both _ and - and really I don't see any difference and really don't know what is better for SEO .... just pointed out that it works both ways ;)

iatbm, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  13. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Regarding your conclusions, the targeted keywords are very, very low competition.
    Regarding SEO friendliness Phplynx as to many javascript for my taste, and the developer(s) doesn’t seen to know SEO deep enough, but probably with time will get better, looks promising.

! Ask !, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you didn't quite understand, so meh, we'll leave the morning humor for another day.

That's what it's all about, but it's just been documented that the SE's see it differently, as already stated previously in this thread.

See, that's what I was saying; we humans see it all the same. According to the documentation provided, SE's don't.

As ask stated, I would surely hope that the algo's could determine between the two by now, but we've just never been provided something solid to actually combat the case.

Rob

an0n, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  15. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I don't want to combat the case. I am no SEO expert ;) I just use my simple farmer logic :D when I see people coming to my sites for phrases even if I am using _. It may be better if you use - it seems like you say ( I don't know, didn't read google patent :D ) but I don't see any difference when it comes to traffic ;)

This is like that vbseo rewritten urls and stock vbulletin urls debate .... everyone has its own opinion based on his experience and not based on what someone said on some forum right ....

iatbm, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, you are my peer and my equal, as with all other directory owners, and we are all in the same boat with the 'hits and misses' with all of this seo crap and the SE's

I'll settle for the farmer logic. It's more fun that way. ;)

an0n, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  17. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    I asked about hyphens/underscores in the phplynx forum. Problem solved. It is just a matter of how I create categories in the ACP. All I need to do is insert hyphens between words rather than spaces. Done. No mod required. :)

Vito

vito, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  18. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

Nice discussions going on around here, picking on people because of expressing their experience with it? That's just fine!

Maybe its time to wake up, and see the real world?

Perhaps when you move to a country, you never ever visted before in your life, and when you get there, until people get used to you, they might talk bullshit about you, you get the drift?

Well, sorry but you are doing that now, you are acting like a bunch of fools, wake up and accept that php Lynx is now a part of the best directory script, and it will be there. After, all you have to face it, sooner or later.

WatchOut

WatchOut, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  19. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulation on being the BEST Yehey! Party time:D

wwws, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  20. WatchOut

WatchOut Guest

Best Answers:
    Did i say the best, or part of the best? Hmm.....

I wasn't dismissing any other directory, did I state something regarding another directory script? NEVER!

wwws, I learnt from life, and something I consider very important is that nobody is perfect, nothing can be important, we all commit problems, some more often some less. Lets just face the fact, that nobody is perfect, and can you please stop discussing other questions, what Vito stated on the thread, is that he found php Lynx SE friendly, is that a big issue?

I think you know that php Lynx is SE friendly, all of you, and the reason you are picking on people that use php Lynx is simply because you are afraid that this script will go far.

wwws, you are very clear, I can see the irony on each post you made on this thread, I know it will take time to realize this, but when you finally get to the point where you accept php Lynx, you will be glad to.

WatchOut

WatchOut, Apr 10, 2007 IP
    podman likes this.