1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who uses vbseo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rhino56, Apr 8, 2007.

are you happy with it? i just recently got it and was wondering how others felt about it.

rhino56, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    BamaStangGuy, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. briansol

briansol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 5 licenses now.

It's done wonders for me, and i wouldn't even think about running another board without it.

briansol, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  4. X FILES

X FILES Peon

Best Answers:
    My forum since 2002 and I was have 500 visitors per day.Installed vBSEO in Dec 2006 and now have 5.5K from google with total 6.200 visitors per day :)
    Although I had some problems with my last host with result 92K error in google webmaster tool.!

X FILES, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  5. Noodles25

Noodles25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use it on 4 different forums, all have seen an increase in traffic since installing vbseo, it's well worth the money

Noodles25, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  6. kall

kall Peon

Best Answers:
    As the very first beta tester, I have been using vBSEO the longest. :)

I have definitely found vBSEO to increase my traffic.

Within 2 months of installing on vbenhanced.com, I found myself at the top of the Google SERPs for 'vbulletin modifications'. As of right now, that still holds true *touch wood*.

I run it on 6 sites and am quite happy with the results.

*disclaimer* I am a member of staff at vBSEO.com.

kall, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  7. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I almost bought it then at the last minute decided to do a little bit of research and learned that most of what it claims to do is hot air and everything it does you can do yourself for free.

ninjashoes, Apr 9, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  8. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    This has been beaten to death. Yes, most of the publicly talked about stuff that vBSEO does, you can do yourself, for free. Heck, you can probably do all of it if you are talented enough. However, for those that don't want to rely on multiple hacks from vb.org, and deal with updating templates on every vbulletin release, a simple single product that does it all is worth it.

I have 5 licenses now, and wouldn't want to run a vbulletin forum without it. The increased organic search engine traffic that it has brought to my sites has paid for the products in terms of revenue several times over.

SportsOutlaw, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  9. briansol

Best Answers:
    You could also build vBulletin yourself for free.... but not many people would even attempt it when you can just buy it.

vBSEO is the same deal. It has literally 1000's of man-hours behind its development to get it to where it is now, and that isn't stopping any time soon either.

If you think it's JUST a "mod rewrite" solution, you're entirely mistaken, and simply DON'T understand SEO at all.

vREwrite and zoints SEO are just that- mod rewrite solutions.

vbseo has literally 100 other SEO features on top of this.

I've posted this graph a bunch of times on here. This is LIVE streaming from sitemeter.com, not a screen shot.

Guess when i installed it?

[​IMG]

briansol, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  10. ekarey

ekarey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have it on one of my forums. I've been very happy with it.

ekarey, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  11. RidinHighSpeeds

RidinHighSpeeds Peon

Best Answers:
    I purchased vBSeo just under 1 year ago. Since then, traffic has jumped up substantially. I created another forum and purchased another license right away.

I installed vBSeo around July-Aug of 2006. About a month later, traffic started to really kick in! Check out the Alexa stats:
    DefendingTheTruth - 1 yr Alexa Stats

RidinHighSpeeds, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  12. rhino56

rhino56 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input, i hope my results are as good as everyone elses. i have also been trying to get more links up on high page rank sites also so a graph from me really wouldnt be a fair view in the future. but i do like the new features i now have within the forums.

like how it shows where links are coming from within a post is one cool thing.

rhino56, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  13. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    vbSEO has done wonders to my forums! honestly, I would'nt start a new forum without it!

.. but, I'm currently having one problem with it! The users get logged out by themself :/

Cypherus, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  14. rhino56

rhino56 Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure its a problem with vbseo and not the cookie settings?

rhino56, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  15. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So I take it you have implemented all of these things into your forum? I would love to check that out.

BamaStangGuy, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  16. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was sceptical at first but I tried it and now I have it on all my vBulletin sites. It's pretty amazing how well it cleans up your cached google pages and all things associated with that.

Code Monkey, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  17. briansol

Best Answers:
    nows the time to buy it! it's on sale :)

briansol, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  18. ninjashoes

ninjashoes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use a combination of zoints, free hacks and my own modifications. Jeez alot of people want to bite your head off when you say anything bad about the Holy VBSEO. I do think it has some useful features, alot of great features actually but its a simple fact that anything it does you can do yourself or get a hack that does it from vbulletin.org.

I also think that people overestimate what VBSEO actually will do for them. I also feel that VBSEO somewhat falsely advertises, Ive seen several ads that say regular stock vbulletin urls dont get spidered as well as VBSEO'd urls. This is a lie imo..

The sitemap mod is just rediculous, why do you need a sitemap when all your pages are linked anyway? Sitemaps arent gonna help your forum get spidered or help rankings.

I would like to refer you to Joeychgo from vbulletin-faq.com, I dont always agree with Joeychgo but I think he makes some great points here.

http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3285&highlight=VBSEO

This comments a little rude, I'm just trying to present the other side of the argument to people who have not heard it before. Not everyone is gonna have the same opinion as you, relax. I understand VBSEO has other features, in fact I might even buy it myself one day if they keep adding cool stuff to it but as of now the main function is still mod rewrite and I dont see anything that warants such a big pricetag. The way they advertise mod rewrite still to this day I feel is giving people who are just starting their forums out the wrong impression. I almost bought VBSEO on an impulse buy until I happened to stumble upon vbulletin-faq.com and read Joeychgo's thoughts on it.

Im not trying to be a jerk or burst anyones bubble, I just want everyone to know theres free alternatives out there and they arent supbar in comparison to VBSEO because they are "free".

ninjashoes, Apr 13, 2007 IP
    CymaxStores likes this.
  19. scodal

scodal Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why vbulletin is so much better than phpbb or simple machines? They all do great SEO.. some of the most popular forums are phpbb.. I think vbulletin is ugly.

scodal, Apr 13, 2007 IP
  20. jward

jward Active Member

Best Answers:
    jward, Apr 13, 2007 IP