1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phplynx - A very SE friendly directory script...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vito, Apr 9, 2007.

1. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jude, not yet ... but will be a neurosurgeon because rob promised me an unlimited listing if i accomplish my goal :p

what can be the bigger motivation ;)

btw: yeah i can see you dont care if i believe you because you know there was no domain existed that you got a PR 6 on, and if there was show us the link and we will use the way back machine because it was a year and half old so it have to be in the way back machine.

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  2. mywebsearches

mywebsearches Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that info! It always good to try new things. I have never heard of this directory script, but I will try it for something that I have in mind.

mywebsearches, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yours

real estate lawyers-mississauga
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...ga&btnG=Search
    Results 1 - 10 of about 731 for real estate lawyers-mississauga. (0.09 seconds)
    real estate appraiser mississauga
    Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 223,000 for real state appraiser mississauga. (0.12 seconds)
    renovators brampton
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ators+brampton
    Results 1 - 10 of about 905 for renovators brampton. (0.07 seconds)
    painting in mississauga
    Results 1 - 10 of about 455,000 for painting in mississauga. (0.26 seconds)

Mine

seo links Directory
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-17,GGGL:en&q=seo+link+Directory&btnG=Search
    Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 22,800,000 for seo links Directory. (0.08 seconds)
    links seo directory
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-17,GGGL:en&q=+links+seo+directory&btnG=Search
    Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 23,800,000 for links seo directory. (0.11 seconds)
    link directory seo
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-17,GGGL:en&q=seo+links+Directory&btnG=Search
    Personalized Results 1 - 10 of about 22,800,000 for seo links Directory. (0.12 seconds)

Doesnt matter we both are targeting choosen words to reach the top...
    Has nothing to do with the script but the just webmasters intention ;)
    thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  4. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is it so difficult for some members of DP to simply offer constructive feedback as apposed to being negative and plain rude. If you got nothing constructive to say then say nothing and let the thread flow on topic.

feedback, Apr 9, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  5. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    what did i do? im just speaking my mind is all....this is a forum you know :eek:

You wanted feedback and you got it... If hes trying to sell a script then much success to him...
    just dont come here saying the script did it.. is all im asking

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  6. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    free world homie. Rude (its a matter of opinion). All what everyone is doing is expressing their opinion / feedback. So what if the people don't agree with the poster.. they can still put their feedback as this is the forum (where everyone is free to say what they want to say)

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  7. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought this forum was supposed to be about members helping members not going off and making unfounded assumptions as to why they think the thread was started.

It seems clear to me the thread is nothing more than a member sharing his views about how SE friendly he thinks a directory script is.

feedback, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  8. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    1. helping members....... i already do help anyone who seeks it...
    2. unfounded assumptions..... yes he made some but no harm taken
    3. sharing views.... I am its called debate....
    4. Se friendly........ same as the next guys but hell if you say so... :cool:

Sit back and enjoy the thread....

have a nice day
    malcolm1

malcolm1, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  9. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    to me it seems more like a sales thread for phplynx ...

He put some keywords which are not even that significant.

The guy claims that he had a PR 6, but now when i questioned give us a link so we can watch a preview .. he chickened out because i am very sure he didn't own one, and if he did he would show it, and if i dont see it won't believe it.

Malcolm just put his view of this thread, and his opinion. Which he have a full right to do so as this is a forum.

Yes we are helping each other in where we might not agree with some assumptions which cannot be supported enough with facts.

I am out for tonight .. you can explain what it is here which is so rude and disrespectful.

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  10. feedback

feedback Peon

Best Answers:
    1. helping members....... perhaps you do, but I've never seek it so I wouldn't know
    2. unfounded assumptions..... yeah he made some, but he's not the only one!
    3. sharing views.... that's exactly what he did....
    4. Se friendly........ same as the next guys, I seriously doubt it!

On that note I will sit back and enjoy the thread!

feedback, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  11. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you guys are too much. To be clear, I started the thread talking about SE friendliness, not PR. The conversation just happened to gravitate that way.

Secondly, smub, I didn't chicken out. I just don't happen to be glued to DP as many of you are - you know, it is possible that I have to actually leave the computer for a few hours. :rolleyes:

The domain was toolbartoolbar.com. Knock yourself out with your desperately investigative research to prove me a liar. Sheesh. When going to archive.org, http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.toolbartoolbar.com , take a look at Jan 10, 2004. Then do a whois history and see that I was the owner. I wish there was a "PR History" that would show you that the site had PR6 within a few weeks of going live with a mere JPG. I suspect there is no way to actually prove that. Then again, I have nothing to prove to you. Again, this thread was not about PR. It was about recounting my positive experience with a directory script. BTW, a few months later, I coded the site, but never did do anything with it until I took it offline. And for the record, the supposedly impressive PR6 did nothing for generating traffic. And ironically, after coding it, the site went down to PR5.

Damn, people. What the hell is wrong with all of you at DP anyways? I thought I would create a thread to share a positive experience about a script I used, and all I get in return is a bunch of childish and unfounded accusations from defensive phpld users. At first, I took personal offense to the accusations. Then I calmed down and now I just feel sorry for you.

You certainly won't chase me off this forum (in case that was your intent). I will still frequent DP to learn, but I will definitely think twice before I decide to share any info with you. Clearly, this place is just too immature and hostile. I don't need the hassle.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  12. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:

I agree that the number of search results is significant. Clearly, it is easier to rank higher when total results are 450,000 rather than 22,000,000. No dispute there. The point is that even at 450,000, this site seems to have acquired better ranking than I am used to seeing when just freshly launching a new site. I can only conclude that the script's SE friendliness has something to to with it. Again, I can only go based on my personal experience, but I have created my share of sites over the past 7 years, so I feel I can make a fair assessment.

feedback, thank you for your support. :)

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  13. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Vito, Vito Vito. You walk in the Lions deen and your a Haina, what do you expect.

Alot of the people that your dealing with use phpLD and are very sattisfied with what they are using. To say that what you're using is more SE freindly, you're bound to get what you have gotten so far and probably deserve it.

I think you very well know this was going to happen and the "what's wrong with you DP members" aren't going to win you any points here.

You're "experience" is somewhat biased geared up to demote the software that alot of us are using.

We have alot of #1 spots using what were using, thank you very much!

phpLynx is indeed very good, but the owner's tactic of promoting it is very semilar to yours by trying hard to demean phpLD...Ok, you're going to say you're not doing anything wrong simply posting your "experience"...Vito, Vito, same old Vito:rolleyes: . *tsk tsk!

wwws, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  14. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:

No offense but this is a pointless thread, if you dont take 1 month to work with one script, then 1 month to work with another, you obviously have not worked with phpld if you like lynx. btw stop crying

SasaVtec, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  15. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Spare me the condascending speech, wwws. I don't need the "Vito, Vito, Vito..." address. Don't talk down to me.

So you are suggesting that if I discuss a different directory script in a forum that (obviously) has a lot of phpld users, I "deserve" to be trashed? Gimme a break. Are all of you so close-minded and anal that you aren't willing to look at or even intelligently discuss any new scripts that come along? Wow. All I can say is good luck to you.

SasaVtec, I don't get your point. I did not trash phpld. I still use it for the other directory I mentioned. If I was trashing it, I would be saying that I switched it over to phplynx, wouldn't I? The point I was making was, shortly after launch, I found that the phplynx based site had much better SE placement than the phpld site. That is my opinion, based on my personal experience. You find that to be a pointless thread? So be it. I don't. I thought I was sharing info that might be useful to others.

If you all get so damn defensive about a product that you use, give your head a shake. Intelligent discussion shouldn't scare you. Discussing a new product should spark healthy conversation about it, not cause an unnecessary flame thread.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The "my dad is better than your dad" thread? Yes

Off topic...Did the owner of phplynx bought one of your demo demo products?

wwws, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  17. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not my script, wwws, so get off it. I am not promoting my own product. I am simply offering a personal review.

And no, phplynx has never purchased any demodemo product.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  18. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    vito - what about the script do you consider to be search engine friendly?

CReed, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  19. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe he had 2 different scripts running and the phplynx one came up in the SERPS better than the other directory script.

It does look interesting. I was not looking at that one for a new directory setup I am about to work on, but will consider it now that i've seen some of its features. Looks quite prominsing.

Claudek, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  20. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the fact that it uses keywords to build the directory listing pages. I'm no SEO expert, but as far as I know, file names, page titles, etc. play a part in Google's algorithm when ranking sites. IMO, I prefer a URL like "Garbage_Removal_In_Canada/Garbage_Removal_-_Kitchener_Waterloo__Ontario/" rather than just something like "detail.php?id=12".

I don't know if there are other things in the script that help as well, I have not dissected it enough to say any more about it. I can only comment on what is apparent at first glance.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP