1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion for PHP Link Directory Web Directory Owners

Discussion in 'Directories' started by mystikmedia, Mar 26, 2007.

1. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Which is it David?

Has it been a long long time, or were you *just* planning.

Make up your mind, because you real self is showing.

here is and i'm positive was, since you changed it your .htaccess for article script 1.6.3

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
    RewriteRule .* index.php [QSA,L]

How can you protect anyone, if you have no idea what exists.

Oh wait that's right, See my post above when i gave you my list of MODs i have. and then let us check the DATE i sent it to you via PM on LD forums
    [​IMG]

and then check out PM on yahoo and teh DATE associated with it.
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:29:05 PM): Hey, I've been working on putting the title of articles in the url for the article mod (and we have it working now) which will be in v3.2.0, and then realized that it would good to use in the link detail pages too, and then xxxxxremovedxxxxx pointed out that you may consider this your mod. How do you feel about this?
    Rob C (3/30/2007 9:29:49 PM): its a mod i offer
    Rob C (3/30/2007 9:30:05 PM): its in the list i gave you

David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:34:52 PM):
    xxxxxremovedxxxxx figured out a little himself earlier

again, if you had it, why are you 'figuring it out'?

Im sure everyone who reads this can now deduct the lies you're portraying

but WAIT, it GETS BETTER THAN THAT!!!!

EVERY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:31:03 PM): it's sort of important for articles
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:31:47 PM): it will be like this: site.com/articles/this_is_an_article--412.html
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:32:00 PM): I have an example site
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:33:19 PM): http://www.articlequery.com/
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:33:49 PM): main difference is we would add /articles to the url

Rob C (3/30/2007 9:35:50 PM): http://www.articlequery.com/index.php?list=latest
    Rob C (3/30/2007 9:35:53 PM): i know this is my code

WHERE IS EVERYQUERY??? Derek, come confirm for me that this is IN FACT my code for me please.

YET, David just said that it is HIS code. LIARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:36:06 PM): I don't think I have anything that is complete
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:36:53 PM): this sort of thing: http://www.articlescript.org/article-demo/Adding_Videos.html
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:37:06 PM): but obviously we need to append the url in there
    David DuVal (3/30/2007 9:37:18 PM): what I can do is hold off for a while on this

Did it look like I even had a say so at this point? It was going to be RIPPED Regardless.

next release, but what about the next?

Bottom line: It was going to get ripped anyway.

anon 5.0 - you all know

Read david 'finepriint'

And that WILL be done.

You see David, when a person is straight up and honest with what they do, they don't contradict themselves. You failed that part, and you did this 3 times.

I don't hate anyone, and I digress from most situations for the most part. But when you come onto DP, with lies, I don't care if you are the president of the united states, or the pope, I'm going to call you out.

Game Over.

ps.s - Don't worry David, there is no ill will towards you, or anyone for that matter. I will continue to support all of my peers who use phpLD, because they really are true to me, and that's something that I can, even on a personal level, embrace, and I'll fight to keep it that way.

an0n, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    *Cough* I'm blogging this. *Cough*

popotalk, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  3. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    I also have not AnOn's deep links on my dirs. Also implemented before AnOn did it as a mod. Coded by myself, little bit different from AnOn's mod.
    Can you call me a ripper? Then we can ask who rippped and whom?
    I can do with my own dirs what I wish and noone can tell me what should I use on it or not.

Other thing is sharing mods.
    For deep links it was AnOn first. Good for him and congrats. I'm easy with it.
    I'm fair enough and never shared my own deep links and will not do that in the future.
    Hope others will be fair to my shared mods as well :)

dargre, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  4. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm intersting dilemma..

this is getting hot !!!

i *might* blog about this .. cuz this is gettin crazy ..

smub, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that i have had extra fields for almost a year now. (roughly 11 months now)

and the first person to EVER add extra fields was SiteExpress former owner of www.bloggeries.com

and the reason why Jamey was the first, was because I was too busy, so I added them the following week.

you weren't even around.

But this thread isn't about who was first, because niether of us were the first, as I just told you who was. But I know who the second was and it wasn't you.

Oh and btw, I have referred someone to you, because while I do have the same mods you do, I didn't publicly release them.

an0n, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  6. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    Think you're wrong as I remember I bought featured link with deep links on some phpld dir about 15 months ago...
    Anyway who cares. You're really good in your job. I'm better and better in mine.
    Wish you success as always :)

dargre, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, we both lose :)
    Definitely the same to you with success.

an0n, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    CReed likes this.
  8. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    aww reunite bring tears to my eyes :p

reminding me of Jamey ... he was an awesome guy ... the best teacher i had in computers

smub, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is a distinct difference between an idea and code.

It very common on other scripts for people to code mods based on the same idea but using different code, features or implementation. I can provide some examples of this on vBulletin, Wordpress or phpLD. There are many.

Scripts evolve because ideas evolve. You take an idea and you refine it over a period of time. Sometimes multiple people work together to refine it. Sometimes it is refined through competition.

Stealing code is not acceptable.

Improving upon ideas is acceptable. It is important these ideas continue to evolve over time.

When it comes to mods, I have always tried my best to allow the mod developers to profit or gain customers from the code they wrote. Sometimes the code was completely an original idea, but 99% of the time, it was based on an idea that was seen in some other script or directory. If you do have an original idea, the only real way to protect yourself is through a patent. If you look over VSDan's mods, nearly all of them have existed continuously. There has been no strategy to try to implement these mods again in phpLD's core code. This was not by accident. We could have done that, but we chose not to do that because we appreciate what Dan has done.

Anon, I told you I was not going to implement the url rewrite in the coming release at your request. I also told you I can't grant ownership of ideas, and I encourage you to create a good system for receiving orders as VSDan (and others too) have done, so that we can send some business your way. There are a lot of people that are very happy with the work you have done, and surely there could more if it was easier to buy things from you. It would be really nice if you could help me help you, by making it easier to send you business.

dvduval, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  10. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have shown some good skill in creating mods, and I appreciate your contributions too.

I think we may need to create a place on the phpLD site so mod developers can submit their mods, so that we can find everything in one place as well as search by mod author to make it a little easier for people to do business with you, an0n and vsDan.

It may be time to follow a similar path to vBulletin where we have two sites (they have .com and .org). If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

dvduval, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  11. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    while palgiarism is your key, it is not mine.

yes, you are responding to the innovator.

n/c

you first have to have your original idea.

David, stop this already. You know where I can go with this. Truth overshadows the 'nice guy' try and approach.

Well, own up to your promises made a year ago, and lets talk about it.
    We don't want to go there though, right?

I told you I'm not mad anymore, nor is there any ill will. I provided solid facts and points in my prior post, to prove it was never your idea, nor was there any intent. and www.activeweblinks.com which will be 1yr old april 14th, had the mod in it before released, so it's over a year old now. I think that would constitute as original and before you.

I digress, but you know what, at this point, help me help *you*, by getting you to own up to your words of promise, not only as the owner of the script, but as the friend you claimed to once be. You know you can even call me whenever you need or want to like you used to when you were in a bind. I was always there for you and the forums. Just know that money doesn't change me, and it never will. Lies and deceit however, do.

Rob

ps. phpld.org belongs to moi

and now, put the thread back of course to what it is about: Deep Links MOD

fastian, you're next.

an0n, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    threebuckchuck likes this.
  12. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    very interesting thread! I can't comment on it as both david and Rob used this thread to speak against each other!

But from SEO point of view deeplinks mod only offers deep links and will not improve serps even though the link detail mod has a title in it!

Freewebspace, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  13. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    how can it not improve SERPS ??

u r getting a text link in a detail page !!... it is considered a page u kno ... and suppose u get a link on a page which is a PR 2 ... and there are 6 links in total to ur site ... all those count toward backlink to each page of urs ...

so it does improve SERPS

smub, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #21 for: *Gasp* Web Directory :eek:

http://www.google.com/search?source...s=GGGL,GGGL:2006-27,GGGL:en&q="web+directory"

hey, maybe this deep links stuff works? i agree with you smub.

an0n, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  15. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So Rob and I chatted for a while tonight and worked out a few things.
    Sometimes a little conflict is good for progress as long as we don't take things too far. :) I there may be some hope. :) Pray for us on Easter. :)

dvduval, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  16. NRLMedia

NRLMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread has turned into a pile of crap.

Rob's mod is outstanding, regardless of who you think created it first or whatever you guys are fighting out.

In the end, it's the support that matters, and Rob's support is what makes his mod so great.

If you can develop it, great for you, but in the end you have to cater to all the issues and upgrades if you want to develop a great thing.

NRLMedia, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Smub, there is Genius and Genuine and there is Dumb and Dumber so you know what is he talking about. I can easily figure it out and he might bring Part 3 to this thread.

popotalk, Apr 8, 2007 IP
    smub likes this.
  18. jhnrang

jhnrang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am a dumb --and dumber-- :D
    I still can't afford any mod --so good for me. But when I can afford --I'll open a thread for asking coders to show me their mods --we could then know who is ripping --as only genuine owners would dare to show their mods. I count an0n and vsDan --who else???:rolleyes:

jhnrang, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  19. WorldImpulse

WorldImpulse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting thread ... :p

Mods ... can we have a FIRE PIT ;)

WorldImpulse, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  20. dargre

dargre Peon

Best Answers:
    For me David (dvduval) is still a boss and my guru.
    You shouldn't forget it. No doubt you can talk here about mods and your directories because David developed such a great script opened to mods and community. There are more mods developers and VSDan among them who seems also to be very professional.

dargre, Apr 8, 2007 IP