1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Thoughts ? Bad Sites more income ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by eddy2099, Apr 7, 2007.

I finally have a few moments to think and I was just wondering about this whole making money from Adsense thing.

I am not sure if you agree with me but here goes.

Well, personally it seems to me that for someone to click an advertisement, it has to be attractive to the visitor which I believe everyone can agree.

So the general thing about Adsense is that the more visitors to your web site, the higher chances of them seeing the ads and click on them. As you know, Adsense ads when clicked would divert the visitors away from your site to the advertisers site and you get paid per click. This effectively means that the visitors will no longer be at your site so Adsense ads is sort of a good way to handle exit traffic.

But this got me thinking, to get people attracted to your website, the keywords and the topic in question needs to be very enticing for your visitors to want to visit your site instead of the countless other like websites via for their attention.

But for visitors to want to be bothered to click on the adsense ads, it would mean the the Adsense advertisements needs to be more attractive than your own web site. Because Adsense will show advertisements which matches your site contents so effectively it will show up your competitors websites.

So basically, what I am saying is that the site which may bring in the most dough in Adsense needs be so disappointing that people rather click away from the site because they did not get what they are looking for or they got bored with your site.

I mean if I am a visitor myself and I like the site so much, I will bookmark it and will not go look for alternatives.

Of course, then there is the element of tricks which fools people to click on adsense because they think that it is part of your site.

I know that probably most of you may not agree with me but do give it a little thought. After all, I am entitled to my own opinion and so what's yours ?

eddy2099, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    devin likes this.
  2. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is one way of thinking about it. Not all ads are for your competition. Some are like for ebay stating they have what your site is about when that could not be. I mean if you really think about it People like to surf the net no matter how good your site is.

rmartish, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  3. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess that your argument is right to some degree, except that google only shows well constructed sites as the main results for keywords. They won't go to your site in the first place if you don't have content that they want. I guess that if you have a really good niche site, then you would probably be better off with an affiliate or something like auctionads.

AvarianParakeet, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  4. KalvinB

KalvinB Peon

Best Answers:
    Visitors that just click away won't come back or tell anyone they've been there.

A good site will have repeat visitors and word of mouth advertising. So while you may get fewer click initially because visitors are more interested in your site, in the long run you will make more money.

If a site is interesting but I see an interesting ad, I'll click the ad and then go back to the site.

KalvinB, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    d16man likes this.
  5. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    eddy, that's one way of thinking, and probably why MFA sites make money (they're so ugly and horrible that clicking an ad is the only sane thing to do).

but if your site has alot of KFCPs (Keyword Focused Content Pages - note that this is different from KSCPs) the ads are supposed to 'complement' your site. so if you are delivering information, the ads may come up as another site selling products that your visitors may be interested in.

and as KalvinB said, return visitors are your money maker.

devin, Apr 7, 2007 IP
    eddy2099 likes this.
  6. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    If I have a page that explains how to tell if a water heater has failed, there will be ads from places like Home Depot that sell water heaters.

mhdoc, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  7. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess if they have a failed water heater, then they'll want a new one :).

AvarianParakeet, Apr 7, 2007 IP