1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$8,000 Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thewindmaster, Apr 3, 2007.

1. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    You might want to look into Turnkey Dropshipping Websites. The process is completely automated, you can start a retail internet store. They supply the website, handle orders, etc...

I have a site with Dropshipping Sources, which you may find useful, if you want to become a member.

cheers

the_gallery, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  2. guk6kk

guk6kk Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys think investing in real estate is so easy... good luck!

guk6kk, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  3. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    This is such a spammy site. Dropshipping has such a small margin. You can ALWAYS find any product cheaper on eBay. I would stay away from that.

bizhobby, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    Say what?? :eek:

Why is this site spammy??? What are you basing this statement on??

Dropshipping is used by some of the biggest companies in the business. As in any situation dealing with suppliers, it all depends on the company you are getting your products from. There are good and bad dropshippers, some of them happen to be wholesalers and even manufacturers who can provide some very competitive prices.

And what business are you in?

5. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's basing that statement on, that the site looks spammy. It looks like Im reading a sales pitch. ;)

JeffC, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:

Income generating investments - residual income - subscription services. All 3 have the same principle aim.

My advice is firstly look around and search all of your hobbies and passions thoroughly. Check to see what the top sites for each of them are, check to see how they are run and whether there is any possibility of investing in them... or competing with them where you can introduce a subscription service if demand is sufficient.

In addition to that, check your current portfolio of websites and see if you can bring any additional value to them by adding a premium subscription service for a nominal monthly/quarterly/annual subscription fee if demand is there. This may crossover with your hobbies and passions and will make your motivation much easier to sustain.

Next, look around at some established websites that have lost popularity in the last 2-3 years and try to check out their market audience to see if they have simply not moved with the times. If there is an opportunity to breath new life into a tried and trusted market on the internet, but no current site is doing it, then it may be an opportunity to become the market leader for the new age of industry X.

Following on from that, you can check up and coming technologies and markets and general trends to see if you can replicate or innovate anything to attract a market share.

Overall, looking at developing a community interest website that can be maintained, be useful and of interest and be extended into a premium subscription based community would be something I would aim to do myself.

Ganceann, Apr 4, 2007 IP
    thewindmaster likes this.
  7. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say the opposite. Most other sites have almost ten feet of sales content without any design whatsoever on their site. Also they have false testimonials and endless sales hype. Then when you buy the product you are given a download containing a throwaway product.

Also, any further arguments would need to be more detailed for me to even bother responding :cool:

8. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok. Not to berate you or anything I'm sorry. I'm just sharing an opinion that dropshipping is very HARD. Sure there are companies making money with it.
    BUT it is a LOT of work. So it is not much of a passive income.

you have to:
    1) constantly look for deals
    2) do a lot off accounting (you have to collect state tax, etc)
    3) there is a lot of competition

That's all. Sorry if I sounded like an ass I was in a hurry.

bizhobby, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  9. arcguy

arcguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you start a company, like micro soft or a software house, you can also start a web hosting company and also if you have enough money i suggest you start an online shop.

arcguy, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  10. the_gallery

the_gallery Peon

Best Answers:
    1) not if you have a good supplier. you can keep a relationship with the same supplier for years
    2) you don't have to collect state tax, it depends on if your business is registered or not. either way, any retail business has to collect tax
    3) there is alot of competition everywhere. why make a fuss about it

sorry for getting off topic, that's all I have to say

11. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    My understanding was that he is looking for more of a passive income.

bizhobby, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  12. Subfusion

Subfusion Member

Best Answers:
    I think the future with websites are web applications, people alway want to access their files and other information from any location. With $8000 I reckon you could get a decent web application built if you have the right contacts, you just need a good idea.

Take a look at 37signals Basecamp, something so simple has given them so much cash and the idea of project collaboration was done before!

Subfusion, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  13. publicdomainkid

publicdomainkid Peon

Best Answers:
    ....in terms of out sourcing the marketing of websites, to get more hits, if you do this, who would it be and for how much?

publicdomainkid, Apr 6, 2007 IP
  14. newrhodes

newrhodes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Stay the course. In my experience - I evaluate a 100, maybe 20 -25 seem worthwhile - but at least 15 of them I get outbid, may be more. If I get 1 in a 100 thats good.

But then - the 1 in a 100 makes good money, so I'm willing to put in the effort.

The second route I follow - there are at least 15 - 20 where I get outbid because of my budget - but then, I look at the business model, if it makes sense and I have or can find a domain name that fits - build my own. Outsource the site development, work on the revenue generation.

This is a whole lot cheaper than buying, and I can tweak it just the way I like it - but it takes more time and effort. It isn't totally passive - you have to put in the initial month - 3 months to get it up and running. Once it's running and automated, then it becomes worthwhile.

Just got the first one done; now I'm on the wash-rinse-repeat cycle mode.

Best wishes.

newrhodes, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  15. jfarmer

jfarmer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like yourself, my day job pays the bills fine, but I have begun to remodell my house and well I want the finer things as opposed to the Home Depot things ;-)

In December I started affiliate marketing, I have design skills but have never built a website, after buying a few of those scam ebooks I found More Niche, and have since gone head first into their products. With just a tiny PPC budget $80 a month, 3 websites, 2 are just one pagers I am now generating over $1000 a month. Top that off with the fact tha most days I dont see 50 visitors as I am just learning the SEO traffic thing, I imagine a webmaster like yourself would do great.

Here is my site, its based off a template they provided http://www.w8lossreviews.com

You dont get much for signing up people, but they will give me a 5% commission on your sales, so if you would here is the affiliate link
    http://www.w8lossreviews.com/commission175.php

OR Direct www.moreniche.com

Good Luck with whatever you do.

jfarmer, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  16. Thibaut

Thibaut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I would recommand you starting with Forex, but since you don't seem to be aware about it, I suggest to get a managed account.

Just my little cent.

Cheers !
    Thibaut

Thibaut, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  17. kpraveenkumars

kpraveenkumars Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey the best way is to invest in IPOs and sell them when they are open in market..

kpraveenkumars, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  18. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all who replied so far....

As for dropshipping, done it and tried it, Asen is right, it requires way too much work (especially with the accounting side of things) and there is way too much competition to do it easily and hands free.

Ganceann has some great advice and ideas. I do really need to look at some of my existing sites and work on them and the passion part is true indeed.

Arcguy, starting a software house is a lot of work and time, not practical, I already have a hosting company and online store.

Subfusion, web aps are a good idea and the future of the web, but alas I do not have the right contacts or time for this. Even with a great idea, if one is not a developer, it is a lot of work to translate your vision properly to a developer even if you can afford one.

I hear you newrohdes, it is all about finding the gem, unfortunately, they seem to be fewer out there and more people competing for them.

Also, Forex and IPOs are not really practical options, way to much risk in stuff like that.

thewindmaster, Apr 8, 2007 IP
  19. blademaster

blademaster Peon

Best Answers:
    If you advertise the site i sold you around xmas time you will generate some very nice profits. But fasten your seatbelts you will be busy and need the time to devote to getting the orders out.

blademaster, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  20. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    You could get a really good membership site up and running with this script that would allow you to bring in affiliates that would sell your product for you.

www.launchformulamarketing.com

The script cost $300
    Good Design cost $200-$300
    Any extra script mods/adjustments cost between $100-$400
    Need to come up with a unique to you product to sell (preferably something rebrandable so it can be viral)
    Advertising would cost the rest, just use it to make a well rounded campaign for the product's launch.
    Make sure to gather a few JV members who would like to email their lists about your product launch.

John Guanzon, Jun 24, 2007 IP