1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

StoresOnline.com

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by goodpasture, Mar 26, 2007.

Hello everybody:

My wife and I just went to an all day seminar put on my storesonline.com and walked out with a $4000 credit card bill. My question to you is - Has anybody heard of or sighed up with storesonline.com and what do you think of them?

Thanks!

goodpasture, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    browntwn, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  3. NYDAz

NYDAz Peon

Best Answers:
    I never heard of them ... and I think it's a faboulus SCAM

NYDAz, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  4. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    lol, look at their news releases. All of them are either hosted on their own website or they are paid to be listed on other websites. Too funny :)

Never heard of them, wouldn't do business with them.

Discreet, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  5. ORIGIN

ORIGIN Active Member

Best Answers:
    $4000 credit card bill?

It should never cost this much to get started online.

I cant figure out from their website what it is they actually do?

ORIGIN, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  6. Dominic Lee

Dominic Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    Storesonline's free seminar was what get me interested in internet business. In that aspect, I've to give them props. But their shopping cart (that's what they sell) is not so great. However the company themself do a GREAT job in marketing and you should learn from them in terms of that.

Dominic Lee, Mar 27, 2007 IP
  7. goodpasture

goodpasture Peon

Best Answers:
    Well thanks everybody. I guess for better or worse, we're a storesonline client and I hope I don't live to regret it. i'm sure I can get $4000 worth of knowledge out of them. They do offer a nice reverse search tool that is basically overture but 100 times better and most important faster. They also offer a very good 24 hour keyword analysis tool that blows anything I've seen out of the water. It seems in this business free isn't always the best so I guess I've paid for some realyl good tools and anything else tht comes from them will be bonus.

I'd still love to hear from anybody on here that has actualyl signed up with them and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

goodpasture, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  8. techlogic

techlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    I also became a StoresOnline Member and have been for over a year now but still have not set up a store with them because I've been nervous about the quality of of their store builder/shopping cart and other features used to develop an ecommerce website. I've also been nervous about getting hit with additional fees. Since they only gave us a *3 DAY TRIAL PERIOD* (which is not nearly enough time to evaluate their entire Merchant Services + Feature Set) I ended up getting stuck with it. Which is frustrating to me because I am a programmer and have been in this industry for several years now -I should have known better. I've spent the past year trying to find other members to speak with about their experiences to see if its worth it. I've also been doing a lot of research on how to file a claim to get a refund just like Australia did and I believe other countries & states. However, before organizing this I wanted to chat with some other members first, so PLEASE if your a member of StoresOnline I would love to talk with you about your experiences as well as provide you with some of my findings. My email is mike.rosa@gmail.com , I look forward to hearing from some of you.. so please send me an email & i'm also open to talking over the phone, skype or IM as well.

techlogic, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  9. nethelp

nethelp Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a customer that use www.zoovy.com and he has really good results with them and the monthly fees are quite similar with StoresOnline.

Anyway, don;t regret your investment, any step you make you will find someone to comment, just follow your belief and go make sales online!

I do many services for many customers, I can say I have another customers that run a small eShop using www.opencart.com (free ecommerce script) and he also have good sales ...now you should consider an advantage what you got from that seminar.

Every time I have an opportunity to follow a seminar I go for it, there are many things you can learn there, you can also browse the internet, but the seminars have their role too, ...so many brains brainstorm on the same time... something good will came up.

To your success!
    Robert

nethelp, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  10. chantown

chantown Peon

Best Answers:
    thats a nice site.

chantown, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  11. thebeacon

thebeacon Guest

Best Answers:
    Clean looking site. I am not sure if I would be paying for their shopping carts. I would imagine that it would work for some one who does not know a lot about setting up site using CMS which are free and have awesome shopping carts features. Some of the bigger ones are Drupal and Joomla

thebeacon, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  12. youyap

youyap Banned

Best Answers:
    it a scam. Anyone can do what there doing. I can offer you better information for less. PM me.

youyap, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  13. websitesforsales

websitesforsales Active Member

Best Answers:
    It best to buy your own script or hire someone to set up a online store this way the only monthly fee is hosting.

websitesforsales, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  14. techlogic

techlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, As far as StoresOnline being a "scam", that is not entirely accurate - it is in fact a legitimate solution but they just got a lot of complaints due to their refund policy only being 3 days, which resulted in a lot of people getting stuck with a heavy bill and no way to ever get their money back. They also got a lot of complaints initially due to some "disgruntled employees" of theirs attempting to bring down the company years ago and ever since then they kind of been fighting an up hill battle as far as reputation. But on a positive note, according to an investigation by ripoffreport.com, StoresOnline is now rated as a legitimate business that has been continuously meeting & resolving each complaint successfully, thus ranked positive by the report on ripoffreport.com as a result of their investigation.

That being said, the types of feedback I am looking for pertains more to the following questions :
    1) I'm seeking feedback from other storesonline members or people familiar with the program that can provide some input on their experiences with building, deploying & hosting their storesonline sites using both the StoresOnline built in tools & services(shoppingcart, store builder, merchant account, hosting) as well as people that customize StoresOnline to integrate with 3rd party tools & services. Such details i'm looking for consist of the final quality of the tools & the site after its published, as well as any bugs & limitations encountered
    2) I'm also seeking feeback on completely seperate alternative ecommerce platform solutions to StoresOnline(either individual custom 3rd party platform component solutions, as well as all-in-one ecommerce platform solutions).

Thanks!

techlogic, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  15. techlogic

techlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Any reccomendations?

techlogic, Apr 10, 2008 IP