1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I purchase a site, for which adsense account was banned?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Mr_Kumar, Mar 23, 2007.

Hi,

I have an offer for a site, which used to earn $2-$12 a day from adsense.

The site owner told me that his adsense account is banned now and ads were also on that site as well.

Now, I am sacred if I buy the site and put my adsense code on that site, then if google penalize me or ban me??

Thanks in advance.

Mr_Kumar, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I would not put my adsense code on it. You could use i for other programs or affiliate links.

rcj662, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  3. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thank you for suggestion. rep added.

The site in question is proxy site. :confused:

rcj662 likes this.
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily a risk at all. Google does not ban individual websites instead they only ban the individual publishers.

To be on the safe side you could always write to google to clear any doubts you have. I personally think it is not a problem at all.

maldives, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  5. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    If I may make a suggestion... (take it or leave it)

Having been in the proxy business, I know that you can make some great money with proxies. The downside however is that you have to be very... sneaky about how you make your money.

There are so many proxies now a days that marketing has to be done in ways that others are not.

Obviously I wouldnt just say these but I can say it's hard to make a profit after it's all said and done.

I'd recommend getting a steady site that doesnt have to do with: proxies, arcades, tutorial sites...

The reason the guy got banned was that he was putting google ads on the proxified pages (I'm assuming). This is against the Google terms of service. You could only put google ads on your front home page - dramatically reducing your income. I wouldnt expect more than a couple bucks if not a couple cents a day from a site like this.

Volknet, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  6. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    If it was genuinely banned, its should be a problem why you buying it!

as maldives suggested, first of all try emailing google to clear things with them.

humm, Mar 23, 2007 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  7. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Okay, I'll write to google.
    Well Volknet, You have almost changed my mind. You said, it could only earn few cent a day but the guy says the site earn $2-$12 a day. how is that??

humm likes this.
  8. tdotn

tdotn Peon

Best Answers:
    Not true. Google do ban sites aswel as publishers.

Last week I emailed google to ask them if I buy a site that was banned from adsense, and make the changes required to comply with their policy, would they reinclude the site, they said when a site is banned, they will no longer be eligible, regardless what changes you make or who the new owner is.

But to the original posters' question, was the publisher banned? or was the site banned? if it was the publisher that was banned (maybe due to his other sites) then you may be able to put your ads on it, but before you commit to anything, you should email adsense-support@google and ask them yourself. They always have the last say. They usually answer within 2 days

tdotn, Mar 23, 2007 IP