1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Will.Spencer, May 8, 2006.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What's the "Zman is a Scammer" thing about?

Mia, May 18, 2006 IP
  2. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
  3. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Homosexuality:
    One of Several ABOMINATIONS​

It is written:
    "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination (Lev. 18:22).";
    "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination (Lev. 20:13)."​

The above Abomination (a disgusting thing) is placed in Scripture right between "Child Sacrifice (Abuse) and Bestiality (sex with animals).
    Three questions come to mind:
    1) If people are born with homosexuality perferences, why is it "an abomination"?
    2) If some people cannot believe "The Bible" about the practice of homosexuality, why should those same people believe "The Bible" about "Judge not..."?
    3) Are Child molesters (Abusers) and People who practice Bestiality, "born that way"?

Nehemiah, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  4. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i'm lesbian we cant lie with another woman as though a man:D

samantha pia, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you just dont visit the right shops, samantha :)

Is it this time of year again? Spring time and the scripture quoters start spamming the forums? It's like groundhog day!

lorien1973, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  6. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True :)

Although, I believe that homosexuality is a sin,...

chulium, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If a man wants to lay with another man then so be it. As long as they are not abominating in my living room I am a happy man.

Different with Lesbians though :)

Seriously, I have some gay friends, and was chatting to one of them, and she was telling me how the conversation ALWAYS goes when a guy comes on to her.

Her: I am not interested, I am a lesbian

Man : Yeh right rolls eyes in disbelief.

Repeat the above until he finally gets it then

Man: Yes but your only a lesbian because you haven't had a REAL man like me.

More laughs and debate until again he accepts that her and her partner are gay THEN...

Man: Can I watch :D

Apparently 8 times out of ten those are the stages, but 'can I watch' always comes up.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  8. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    groundhogs are guys right :D

then you're a fool

9. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    3 yahoo pm's, i get 3-10 a day some days, just to prove your point:

Dragon.... would you like to rate my cock on cam?
    Sammie (3/20/2007 8:58:52 PM): 0
    Sammie (3/20/2007 8:59:00 PM): bye bye pervert

essexw... luv to stick my cock in that mouth
    Sammie (3/14/2007 10:58:12 PM): i'm lesbian byeee
    essexw... bye dont wanna suck

Sammie (3/14/2007 10:59:01 PM): fu ya perv
    essexw.... I said I do not wanna suck

kali.... hello
    kali.... can i invite you
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:03:03 PM): huh?
    kali.... h r u
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:03:31 PM): ok
    kali.... can i invite you pls?
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:04:13 PM): invite me to what? dinner? i'm eating it just now
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:04:56 PM): sorry i dont look at webcams
    kali.... why
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:05:48 PM): because i dont
    kali.... you do, to see my pro.
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:06:39 PM): i seen it
    kali.... but you are nice women
    Sammie (3/21/2007 7:07:29 PM): i'm also lesbian
    kali.... you are les.
    kali.... i want to kiss you in your eyes

Sammie (3/21/2007 7:09:13 PM): well i am into other girls not guys sorry

10. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:

This is subject hard for me to talk about because i totally believe its a sin.
    I just found out that my youngest brother is Guy!(35yrs) All my life i was lead to believe that he was straight and he still doesn't know that i know that he's guy. I figure out that he was guy by seeing a guy website on his computer one day but still did not "consider" it to be true until my son confirm it about 4 months ago. Now, i realized Why he would always come over to visited when Ashley dad came over to help fix my computer . Get my drift.LOL

FOX LORE, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  11. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    God made us in his likeness: and he made us naturally attracted to the opposite gender. Choosing to ignore this and indulge in gross practices is a sin for this reason.

chulium, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  12. dollcharm

dollcharm Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFL im sorry that made me actually laugh out loud.

Eh I'm christian, i believe in god. I'm all for gay people. I don't think we have the right to judge others and designate what is wrong and what is right, only god does. God doesnt hate gay people he just doesn't approve of what they do.

dollcharm, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  13. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    There are lots of sins. We are all sinners. No one sin is greater than another (that I'm aware of).

It's a sin for me to think bad thoughts about the cute young thang at the local Pak N Sak. Still, my mind wanders every time I see her :D

We all sin. Period.

GTech, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  14. Person

Person Guest

Best Answers:
    Why is it an abomination? Give me a reason outside of unproven scripture quotes.

So? The Bible has rules on eating shellfish and recommends killing (stoning I think) disobedient children. Nobody follows either of those rules. Why should I accept the Bible as a moral guide when it justifies not only that, but also forcing women to be subservient to men? The Bible as- written contains moral flaws, and quite a few of them.

But let's not stop there. Why should I accept the Bible as a moral code at all? Why should I blindly accept everything the Bible tells me is moral when I, as a rational person, can make moral judgment. Or, even within Christian view, why not look at the results of biblical law and improve upon them in order to make a better society that is more in step with current needs? The Bible didn't give us law for everything anyway.

My overrriding problem with Biblical law, however, is that it doesn't justify a lot of the things it sets out. Why say that being gay is bad? What makes it bad? Tell me WHY it is immoral. If this can't be done, I have no reason to accept that it really is immoral, and no reason to do anything to stop it.

Furthermore, I find general lack of social tolerance for gays extremely immoral, as it causes them to be hated by much of society for essentially no reason and is used as an excuse to discriminate against them. This is far more hideous than 'disgusting' gay sex.

Three answers come to mind:

1) The Bible could be making a factually errant claim based off of the homophobic tendencies of older cultures.

2) The Bible could be immoral, or ignorant of evidence pointing towards biological influences for homosexuality.

3) The entire argument that being gay is an abomination could be flawed, seeing as it never shows why it should be viewed as such.

Three answers here, as well.

1) Maybe they shouldn't believe the Bible, and should actually think and form a reasoned argument for their moral standards.

2) Maybe the Bible is wrong in some places, like where they lack evidence or reasoning (here), but correct in others.

3) Maybe the Bible is mistranslated or outdated, having entire sections like this that completely lack any compelling moral argument.

Three more for you:

1) Neither are, but they are different from gays because there is actually evidence for a (partially) biological basis for homosexuality.

2) Neither are, but those actions are different and immoral because they actually harm people/ animals, while gays do not. There is also no link between bestiality, child molestation, and gays, so you would have to show me that one exists.

3) Neither are, and maybe neither are gays. Even if they aren’t, there still isn't any reason to oppose gay sex or gay marriage, since you haven't shown why allowing either/ both of those things is immoral or bad.

In the end, you haven't shown me why gays are immoral, and I will not change my opinion unless a compelling argument is presented.

Person, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  15. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seems nehemiah (appropriate name?) has been putting up lots of these posts lately....I find it interesting that he or she has yet to do a response...

d16man, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  16. CaptainB

CaptainB Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of all the sins in the bible what is it about homosexuality that is so important to you? What is it about yourself that compelled you to make a thread about it?
    Why not people who eat shellfish or are soft on slavery or wear clothes made from two different fabrics?

CaptainB, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Nehemiah's probably one of our regular loony lefties, but posting through a proxy.

Will.Spencer, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  18. Stealer

Stealer Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyways..Be gay if you want to be Gay. Some people make a big deal out of the Bible some people have burned one some people don't believe in it at all. SO move on and stop running to excuses for all your problems and using the Bible as cover is very un-relgious of you..

Stealer, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  19. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    i'm gay, no-one is gonna stick a banana in my tailpipe

20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If God really loved us, he would have made all women bi. :D

Will.Spencer, Mar 23, 2007 IP