1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and Kontera... finally allowed - for small publishers too!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jcomm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like some general optimization that is needed. I've got a free report you can download at www.adsense-secrets.com on blogging and adsense. Enjoy :)

Joel

jcomm, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  2. swoop

swoop Active Member

Best Answers:
    I took advantage of Joel's offer to join Kontera and have been pleased with the results. I always assumed that Joel would receive a benefit as a result of steering publishers to Kontera, and did not have any problem at all with that. We're all entrepreneurs on this bus :)

swoop, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  3. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    It really does depend on your niche, much like Adsense. I've put Kontera on two small traffic sites (600 and 800 uniques a day, respectively) and they've outperformed my 8000 uniques a day site by an easy margin.

jackburton2006, Mar 17, 2007 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  4. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    jack if you take of niche

which area do you think Kontera are strong in with regards to the advertisers they have, please?

If u feel this is an inappropriate question, please simply answer you don't have a clue

:D

ThisBuzz, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  5. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi ThisBuzz --

Kontera is able to work with a very large set of publishers; everything from computing and health sites to automotive and investing sites. Our technology is able to analyze the page and deliver ads with most areas.

That said, our business is just like every other on the internet. We see strong competition for an audience that is searching for computer hardware, health subjects, employment, law, travel, investing, business and other areas where there is strong advertiser interest in getting their message out.

Downloads of ringtones, screensavers and other items that are generally given away free, or have razor-thin profit margins, will see much lower CPC.

I think that is the information you were after, yes?

Regards,

Jack
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    nervo likes this.
  6. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, thank you Jack

ThisBuzz, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  7. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    DaMa -

Hi there - my name and I am an account manager with Kontera.

Thanks for the great comments -- always a thrill to see our work rewarded a bit.

If there is anything we can do for any of you, we're always available at support at kontera dot com

Regards,

jack
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  8. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Jack

having gone through this, as well as watched the progression of Kontera on my site, I would like to know how you view Ask.com and those others who tend to often come up for every link on a page.

Surely this will destroy the value of such links on a site long-term if the users see this occuring.

What assurances do we have that Kontera are working to balance matters, please?

With Adsense it was quite easy to place an offending advertiser into a filter however with Kontera we do not have the same control. Is it likely that things will be made easier for the publisher, please?

Thank you for your time

ThisBuzz, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  9. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    My blog is also approved by them just received mail that after placing adds code , they will start displaying after midnight IST timings .

atulperx, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  10. slava75

slava75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After running Kontera for a few weeks on my websites my stats - Kontera generates 1/ 10 of my AdSense income, but it still nicely adds to the total revenue amount.

slava75, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  11. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL hasn't this thread spiced up since I was last on it.

If didn't repeat the question it was because I know Joel doesn't answer potentially loaded questions and probably because I didn't care THAT much, and I can't of cared that much because I had to go look the question that I asked that you were referring to...

I have known of Joel for a long time, not personally, and I'm assuming he doesn't even know of me - but I WAS a long time member of his forums I'm still in the top 20 posters on his forums, and I have come to expect that he doesn't really give a lot of personal attention to people - at least people that aren't worth his time. So it doesn't really phase me when he doesn't give me an answer - I mean he's not floating around DP offering general tips to beginners, he's not even active on his own forums really, so why would he answer my loaded question.

I have sent him a few PMs in my time and even as a top member on his forums I didn't get a response. So you can't really expect much from a guy like Joel - he is all about getting down to business, but I don't hate him for that either - I mean if anything I admire for it to a degree - he doesn't waste his time with things that don't really matter.

So many people get caught up on things that don't matter in the long run - if you don't understand what I'm talking about go watch Fight Club or something, it's a great movie to inspire you to but the crap out of your life.

That said when you don't communicate on a normal level with people you start to lose integrity which I think to a large degree most knowledgeable people in the industry know guys like Joel are just walking sales pitches - but I'm OK with it. I still own and enjoyed his books, I still signed up to Kontera, I still wouldn't be here today without him, so I thank him for that, I just take everything he says with a grain of salt - thus the reason I questioned him in the first place.

Shoemoney was just kicking up a stink - I think you will see me post in that thread a fair bit defending Joel. I was and still am quietly confident Joel makes good money with AdSense, but I don't doubt for a second that he makes significantly more plugging products you only need to get his emails or read his blog where every second one is a sale pitch to understand he is obviously making good money doing what he is doing.

He did respond - on the second page. I think Shoemoney ended up retracting his comments from memory, but all that stuff is water under the bridge now.

That's pretty much it summed up in a simple sentences, but that said, there is no point trying to manipulate people into believing that you are doing it out of the goodness of your heart when you are really doing it for the health of your wallet.

No they don't Joel - they take jabs at you when they believe you aren't acting moralistically and you are intending to be deceptive and manipulative for your own personal gain. It's not because they are jealous.

Actually it could be because they are jealous - but it more a case they are jealous that they aren't able to remove their consciousnesses from their decision making so they could purely act in their own best interests, or in this case money.

I hate to be a jerk - but at times I do have to wonder Joel are you really making sure there is a big enough "win" on your reader's side of things or are the dollar signs taking over?

Anyway - thanks again for recommending Kontera - I appreciate it.

LOL now after that big rant I will get back to what I was originally coming back to this thread to ask - Joel or anyone in the know - Do you know what implications these new Google's Per Per Action ads will have on Kontera's compliance with Google AdSense's TOS and policies? Because they have those new as link units that might make Kontera against the TOS again. Anyone have some insights?

Burta, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  12. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's a good question, hopefully as kontera has a double underline, they'll be ok.

On another note, this aimed @Jack from Kontera support
    Are you planning to let us have more control over the ads in the near future?
    I would like to try different numbers of ads on each page for optimisation purposes, at the moment this involves contacting support and getting them to change it; a bit of a pain.

Deano, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  13. netjobs

netjobs Banned

Best Answers:
    After I joined Kontera with the help of this thread, I just reached the $100 mark and wonder when I will get paid?

netjobs, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  14. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably in the FAQ like almost every other ad network.

Chris369, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  15. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    contera's support is sloooooooooow, waited 3 days after submitted the application only to get an email asking to show them more sites and now after i replied waiting again for a couple days already.. :eek:

DomainMagnate, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  16. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it is pretty slow. I submitted 3 sites for new tags and was told it would take up to 7 days (which in itself is slow if you ask me) and it had gone past 7 days so I had to ask them again :/

Chris369, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  17. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    HI Deano --

Yes, we are planning a Publisher Center that will give you control of these items. Right now it is in development, so it will be a couple months before it is ready, as it is planned with a number of features. Until then, please bear with our more personal approach of emailing us at support at kontera dot com

Jack
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Apr 2, 2007 IP
  18. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Netjobs -

Kontera pays Net 30, first of the month anytime your balance exceeds $100

We can answer you specifically at support at kontera dot com if you have more questions.

Jack
    Kontera Support

19. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi ThisBuzz -

You should see a fairly wide range of advertisers, partly depending on the segment that you reach. Different advertisers will place larger (or smaller) budgets, and sometimes they are targetting your area of content strongly.

If you will send us an email at support at kontera dot com, we can take a look at your site's settings to make sure that you are set optimally. Just let us know what advertisers you would prefer to not show and we can block them for you.

Regards,

Jack
    Kontera Support

20. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Any plans Jack to fix the bug in your Kontera code where it inherits the CSS definition of IMG?

I.e. if someone has a page that has an IMG definition for width/height in the CSS Style Sheet, your ads end up looking really, really wierd.

hulkster, Apr 2, 2007 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.