1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft Vista against Windows XP / Other OS

Discussion in 'Bing' started by icebreaker, Mar 17, 2007.

Is everyone here using windows xp? Do you want to shift to Vista or just be contented using XP or other OS? ;)

icebreaker, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  2. Zohaib

Zohaib Guest

Best Answers:
    I am using windows xp but soon I will migrate to ubuntu linux after I've found all the softwares required for my normal work. I've almost found all of the softwares and utilities and few are left. I've even got video tutorial for ubuntu linux with me.

Zohaib, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  3. kapengbarako

kapengbarako Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm using ubuntu too

kapengbarako, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  4. XandroZ

XandroZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using xp and susee.I don't like vista.

XandroZ, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  5. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Vista here!

tokyoice, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  6. freshdesigners

freshdesigners Banned

Best Answers:
    Vista is crap, they have made it almost impossible to use as they have change it all around and tried to make it work too much like OSX (which i use). I have also found out microsoft claimed that it was there msot secure operating system yet, then how come before it was even released there was activation hacks all over the place for it. IT also failed an anti virus test because it wasnt picking up most well known viruses.

freshdesigners, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  7. cz3ch

cz3ch Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using windows Vista ultimate go it the day it came out. Its been flawless haven't had a single error. Runs smooth also.

cz3ch, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  8. xluciusx

xluciusx Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm using vista home premium
    havent had a problem yet
    plus it runs on my laptop
    better than xp did

xluciusx, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  9. sunilvarma

sunilvarma Peon

Best Answers:
    I switched to Vista for a few days but now I am back to XP. only coz Vista doesn't support my audio card (no drivers).

sunilvarma, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  10. ramakrishna5uin

ramakrishna5uin Peon

Best Answers:
    vista here. But xp is better to use

ramakrishna5uin, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  11. Jabowen

Jabowen Active Member

Best Answers:
    There was like 100 time stops for it when it came out, and about 2 weeks ago a crack was made that makes it into a 'common manufacture' PC so it's fully activated (Dell etc ship there vistas with no key because it causes hassle for the customer, someone found this out and used it against it).

I moved to vista purely for the theme, and it's awesome!

Jabowen, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  12. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am still on XP. I'll shift to Vista when I get my new laptop.

Lpspider, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  13. Douglas

Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    When are people going to learn?

Windows = problems
    Linux/BSD/OS X = No problems

When I use Windows I use XP or Vista. But I only use Windows in some cases. Some softwares are not available for Linux/BSD OS X.

Douglas, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  14. Jabowen

Jabowen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Linux/BSD/OS X has no problems because there is no virus's because Hackers don't like $hit OS's.

Jabowen, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  15. jquindlen

jquindlen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As both a Windows and Linux I must say that's not true. Linux/BSD are great, I love them and use them daily, but there's still issues with many devices not having drivers, which especially true with laptops. It's not that it's the Linux communities fault, it's that smaller hardware manufacturers don't have the budget or the market share to write Linux drivers. Also, it's a bitch when you start trying to upgrade software before the distro you're using supports it. Then you run into a million dependency issues, sometimes they can cascade pretty damn far making the upgrade unfeasible.

Still, I love Linux, but it's definitely not without it's problems, they're just different and not security based.

jquindlen, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  16. cyber_dude

cyber_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    i use windows xp most of the time, occasionally linux, hopefully use it alot more soon.

Windows vista, lol, well, had that installed for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it didnt want to boot :( and talk about a resource hog :|

cyber_dude, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  17. Any

Any Peon

Best Answers:
    will switch to Vista only if it comes bundled with my next PC, but not even sure I am going to stick to it there - more likely downgrade to XP for games and use Linux as the main... With current pc - XP and no reinstall possible for hardware reasons (no cd drive, nothing working anymore)...

Any, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  18. humanedited

humanedited Peon

Best Answers:
    My folks just bought a new system with Vista premium and everything seems slower (booting up, starting apps) than their old XP system with half the ram and half the processor power. I used the system for a day and hated it. I use XP at work and like it but use a mac at home and for personal projects. I like OS X the best

humanedited, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  19. RogerWilco

RogerWilco Peon

Best Answers:
    I have Vista Home Premium and it works 100%. Much faster than XP. Classics like Doom 2 don't work with DX10 but that's all really.

RogerWilco, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  20. Douglas

Douglas Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah well that's true. Sometimes you must use Windows even if you like it or not. Since they have 95% share of the software market and an extreme budget they make almost all drivers available :)

Anyway I am using Mac OS X and it support just as many drivers as Windows. + It's about 10000 times easier to install let's say a printer.

My biggest issue with Windows is security. Since I am doing a lot of financial stuff online with e-gold, PayPal, etc I need to be secure. And the Mac OS X is the best choice (or BSD).

Especially when it's e-gold viruses and trojans out there that steels your e-gold :eek:. And a lot of keyloggers out there.

But with Mac OS X or Linux I don't need to worry about that. I can sleep well without going up in the middle of the night to check my e-gold account and see if my money is still there.

But of course, I am paranoid about security. But hey better safe then sorry ;)

Anyway if it wasn't for all damm security issues in Windows I would use it. But since 95% of all people use Windows there will always be security issues in Windows. That's what I'm worried about when Mac gets bigger :( Hopefully that's years from now (I hope).

Also a nice thing with Linux is the name FREE. Why buy Microsoft Office for hundreds of dollars when you can get a clone for free? The name is OpenOffice Org.

There is a ton of free applications for Linux, if you would buy them for PC you wouldn't have any money left.

And yeah I can agree with the upgrade software thing. But still there is more problems with Windows.

That's just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
    Douglas

Douglas, Mar 18, 2007 IP