1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Omg! Another Cheater Caught!!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by joecool6101, Mar 17, 2007.

1. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  2. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    Needs register.

grg, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  3. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Too bad their grammar leaves something to be desired. Otherwise they would have a shot at being both right and credible, eh hoser?

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  4. leeboy

leeboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    i know nothing about adsense, can you explain what he has done wrong please?
    Lee

leeboy, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  5. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    You can't urge to click on your ads.

grg, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site is already on the blacklist. Now they will just wait till a little money collects and take it away:D

visio, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  7. hanime

hanime Peon

Best Answers:
    Who else is sick and tired of hearing people report cheaters? What's the strategy hear: I am making low money off of adsense, I see someone cheating adsense, this guy must be the reason why I am getting low earnings, I need to report him.

1. First of all for those who are saying cheaters hurt your earnings. Thats the worst deductive reasoning I've ever heard. That like me saying the actions of Person A effects the actions of Person B then C then D to lead to me E.

2. You are making low earnings because there is something wrong with your site.

3. Think of it this way, Google has programmers and searchers who's job it is to search for cheaters like this. More than likely they have data records showing that this guy is cheating and will take care of it. If they get paid 30 dollars an hour and it took them 15 minutes to resolve the situation, that means Google just paid them 7.50 cents for getting rid of that site. You just did that guys work for him. If your click rate was .10 cents per click (If it even is that) then it would take you 75 clicks to make 7.50 for some of you I know this is nothing, but for people like me this can be two or three days of clicks. Do you see what I'm getting at?

4. Google catches most, and doesn't need your help.

5. Has anyone contacted the guy, and asked him whats the deal? All the time I hear the Google bans people with out warning, and we are all complaining about it. Yet when your reporting this fella without even asking him whats the deal. HEY MAYBE HE JUST NEVER READ THE TOS, HOW MANY OF US ACTUALLY DID? Many he said to himself, wow I can gain more if I just told people to click on the ads, without ever reading the TOS. This could just be a blatant mistake that had he known about the TOS he would not have done this.

I've been using DP for a while now and the most things I hear are about people reporting cheaters, and other reporting how well they did without ever saying how they did it and then trying to sell you a book. Is this community only good for learning about administrative stuff ? Is this a community at all or just a bunch of competitive adsense users who can't stand to see others do well? I would like to think neither. :D

hanime, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  8. joecool6101

joecool6101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made this because i didnt know how to report it... so other people know how... i told the host of the site <via msn> to tell the guy to take away the "click the ad" part of his site as hes not allowed to do that... so its not as if i didnt give him a chance... You say google catches "most" you know why that is? because tons of people report websites like these so they can never reach payout! If we sit back and let this happen millions of dollars will be lost and many people will be able to get 2-3 cheques before google does anything.

What can we say.. sorry for looking out for click fraud... No one asked you to post here or even look at this thread.

joecool6101, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  9. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not true. Google is alot smarter than you think. They let alot of these guys site for a while till they make some money and then take it away. This is brilliant as it will make the publishers very mad and they will likely goto Yahoo. Whereas if they are banend right off they would probably just create another account under their girl friend/boy friends social or something.

visio, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  10. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow -- that is real minimalist MFA, surprised he could even be bothered to style the header and footer.

bochgoch, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  11. Sjorritsma

Sjorritsma Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you why you must report this guy?

I'm an adword advertizer. Every day I calculate my ROI (return on Investment), when there are more clicks from websites like these guys, I'm lowering my cpc because the ROI is going down.

Less spam means higher CPC, because my ROI is going up and a higher CPC is more money for you / adsense.

Sjorritsma, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  12. hanime

hanime Peon

Best Answers:
    hanime, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  13. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please press the ad above once a day to support dbzf. :D

qwestcommunications, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  14. ian_batten

ian_batten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aww, what a good man.
    Well, I felt sorry for him, so clicked on his ad as he asked me to do!
    Silly tart.....someone won't be receiving their first payment :D

ian_batten, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  15. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as humans have a need for greed and corruption, this kind of thread will always have a life somewhere in valid forums like DP. Carry on the great work.

SFOD_D223, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  16. gabrielangel

gabrielangel Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is bad. People hear a success story about people making a lot of money off of it and they think they can do the same right away. Next thing you know, adsense is flooded with wannabes who devalue every click for ads.

Can you make a lot from adsense? Yes, but you probably won't. You definitely won't, if you don't put a lot of hard work into building things up. The hard work part kinda defeats the purpose for all the get rich quick wannabes.

I prefer affiliate programs much more, but I am biased. Adsense is a great residual money maker for someone that already has a popular site, but the problem is there are too many people that sign up to adsense first and then try to make a site popular (aka made for adsense pages).

gabrielangel, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  17. tokyoice

tokyoice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone report him

tokyoice, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  18. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds like a great idea. I wonder why they have not closed this huge security hole. All they'd have to do is let you list your allowed url's, how hard is that?

SolutionX, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  19. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Methinks thou doth protest too much.

checksum, Mar 18, 2007 IP
  20. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely.

ewc21, Mar 18, 2007 IP