1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Jomla, Drupal and WordPress

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by bfebrian, Mar 13, 2007.

I,m looking for advise. Between Jomla and Drupal, which is the best to combine with WordPress?
    I already playing with drupal at http://www.indomino.ner/drupal
    but not yet with jomla.
    For blog, my plan is to use WordPress.
    Any advise?

bfebrian, Mar 13, 2007 IP
    Briant likes this.
  2. topaix

topaix Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Drupal at my site. But I have never tried Joomla and WordPress. Drupal is complete CMS that can work for Blog andf Forum.

topaix, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    I like drupal. Test it in my site at www.indomino.net and run fine. I want opinions about jomla. I heard that combine with wordpress nicely.

bfebrian, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is a goodie and its more search engine friendly than Joomla and hence , I prefer drupal over joomla < opnions may differ >

mixke, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  5. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yup same here too, drupal to combile with wordpress,joomla is too complicated and small bugs.

010081, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    Got it, live with drupal and wordpress as blog. I need to do wome tweak in drupal, like good template. :D
    for drupal in www.indomino.net, and wordpress in www.indomino.net/blog

bfebrian, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  7. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Drupal already has a blog. Is there anything in Wordpress that you need, that you cannot find in Drupal ?

sadcox66, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  8. bfebrian

bfebrian Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question. I'm not yet trying te drupal module for blog extensively, but for standard module, I can't see the categories.

bfebrian, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  9. GigaSEO.com

GigaSEO.com Peon

Best Answers:
    better go for drupal. joomla is very much vulnerable.

GigaSEO.com, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  10. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    You can fix joomla's vulnerabilities.

If you are a decent programer and have time to tinker learn joomla from what others say Drupal seems alot more ready to go out of the bag.

Joomla also has issues w/ PDF's getting picked up instead of normal pages even if you disable them. Hence the link being useless as your PDF has no links on it or structure. It sucks.

Dubz, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  11. miktor

miktor Peon

Best Answers:
    i haven't really messed with drupal much, maybe 15 minutes, but i use joomla for one of my sites and some stuff in the admin panel is placed in the RANDOMEST sections. good thing that site i use it for is mostly static:)

after posting this i think i am going to go install drupal and see what i can make of it

miktor, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  12. GigaSEO.com

GigaSEO.com Peon

Best Answers:
    instead of fixing joomla after every 2-3 weeks ( as exploits comes after every 2-3 weeks approx ) one should use another CMS. Patches will be given after 24 hours of the releasing of the exploit. many people can suffer in that 24 hours. may be you can be a sufferer in that 24 hours.

GigaSEO.com, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  13. visit_faraz

visit_faraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt advise putting a wordpress blog in joomla.
    You would be much better off by creating a blog with joomla. I mean just use the joomla features to build a blog.

Trying to use wordpress in joomla could be difficult.

just my 2 cents.

visit_faraz, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  14. Hummerbie

Hummerbie Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Bfebrain

I use Joomla, Drupal, Typo3 and WordPress and Love them All.

But integration of WordPress of any of the CMS is not something I would suggest.
    Since there are always some issues if you want to Try and Merge the Functions you like in WordPress.

But I do like to have a WordPress Blog in a subdirectory of the main site since those articles are picked up fast by Google and seen in the Blog Search.

As it comes to an Easy to use CMS you could go for Joomla, if you need a robust stable Framework to Build a website, learn to use Drupal
    If you just want one installation for you site choose Drupal as it has a Blog build in.

In either case you need to work on SEO, but that is also the case with WordPress.

Typo3 is just an Outsider that depends on specifiek server needs to work well, but if you are planning on building a very large website with lotst of editors, look at it, even if its just to learn about another great piece of OpenSource Content Management System.

P.s Do a 301 redirect form your main site to the Blog, not a HTML redirect... 301 is better for Search Engine Robots

Hummerbie, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a very good tip - having blog.yoursite.com is always helpful for bringing in traffic!!

Pixelrage, Oct 3, 2007 IP