1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense and Kontera... finally allowed - for small publishers too!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by jcomm, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the link wasn't a referral link so he wasn't exactly lying. Who gives a shit anyway, seriously. You don't lose anything but you could gain a lot.

Some people are so uptight about benefiting others through referral links it's unreal.

Chris369, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  2. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    In Feb my Adsense was down $300 from Jan, I was concerned

Joel starts this thread and through Kontera I believe I am able to regain that $300 lost and if Adsense rectifies again I am smiling

boy I sincerely hope Joel is able to get something in return

ThisBuzz, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    Joel is a scumbag

inject00, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. Chris369

Chris369 Peon

Best Answers:
    inject00 is a troll.

Chris369, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  5. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree. He clearly said it was not an affiliate link or referral. He gave the impression that he was not benefiting from it. I knew he was lying because I've seen quite a few complaints on other boards about our Joel Comm. Whatever, I would sign up with Kontera anyway. But he didn't have to lie about it. :mad:

NewToAllThis, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    inject00,
    From my reading of this thread, it sounds like Joel helped some people make more money on their websites. My results so far haven't been great. Regardless, I appreciate the opportunity Joel provided in letting me give Kontera a try.

From my point of view, Joel has made a contribution to the forum. I certainly don't find any value in your last post. Particularly, because I find it baseless. Rather than name calling, how about finding an opportunity to make a positive contribution to the forum.

RomanticGuy, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  7. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    good point Romanticguy, but I do provide a tip. That tip is not to trust what he says. If you guys want to spend your days sucking up to Joel then I understand. I would also like to point out that shoemoney has already shown doubt as to Joels adsense earnings in this very forum. I am honestly contributing to be sure that you guys dont take what he says on face value. I hope my information has been helpful, and that you guys have success from the program. All I am saying is that you should watch out and not take things he says on face value.

When I have been sitting in the background of DP reading comments and not contributing I do come across certain questions I know the answer to, so perhaps I should have been more helpful in the past. I would be more than happy to do it in the future but I am usually relatively shy. I do believe in give and take , but one person who does not is Joel.

8. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    here is what shoemoney thinks - digitalpoit / showthread . php? t=37317. Shoemoney makes money through affiliate marketing and adsense, not selling information about it. Therefore I am more inclined to believe him.

What is your answer to that Joel? Why dont you challenge him? I would love to hear what you have to say.

9. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    The point is he sold the idea that Kontera would relax their restrictions and allow everyone to sign up as if Joel was doing us a big favor. He indicated the link was not a refferal link when in fact he is benefiting. I guess you don't mind deceit and dishonesty as long as you're making a buck. :rolleyes:

NewToAllThis, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  10. RomanticGuy

Best Answers:
    My website does not meet the requirements posted on the Kontera website, yet I was able to sign-up with their service. That allows me to give the service a try. That has value to me.

I initially was not at all interested in trying Kontera. Joel did not sell me on Kontera. What convinced me to give it a try was the experiences of DP forum members I trust. I am in business to make money. My evaluation of Kontera for my website is totally based on it providing a reasonable return for access to my visitors. Whether Joel makes a buck off the deal or not should have nothing to do with a business decision.

RomanticGuy, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  11. inject00

inject00 Peon

Best Answers:
    a user called Burta also asked him similar questions but Joel did not answer. Instead he was selective in what questions he choose to answer. Burta was polite enough not to repeat his question.

I think Joel has made another PR blunder and I look forward to seeing how he responds to it.

I think 2 people have questions to answer here. I also think if I worked with Kontera I would also be looking to clear issues up. From a moral stand point I will be removing Kontera from my sites. I am just very pissed off with a PM I just received and I will not be being subjected to threats. I maybe broke the TOS, but I certainly did not break any moral codes that I adhere to. Also if they dont want to pay me 5K then I will not be taking them to court since I live in the UK, but instead I will cost them that in the future earnings they would have made with me and by exposing their true colors. AND the true colors of their top performing affiliate.

12. ThisBuzz

ThisBuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Look I will say it again, start a new thread about Joel or take it up with him personally. Quite frankly I am getting rather annoyed with your childish squeaks and posturing while destroying a thread which is helpful to others.

I for one don't know Joel, don't live on the same continent and don't really care for your childish behaviour, so could you please take the advice and start your own thread

We had Kontera support directly in this thread and this is what this thread is about

Please, get over it and move on

ThisBuzz, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  13. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi inject00 --

My name is Jack and I am an account manager here at Kontera. I have been responding to many publishers in this forum.

Kontera is not slow to close the accounts for publishers that violate our TOS, but we do run all of my decisions past our management to ensure consistency.

If any of you have any questions, we are always available at support at kontera dot com

Regards

Jack
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  14. jcomm

jcomm Peon

Best Answers:
    On the first post, I said I was not providing an affiliate link. I did not.

I executed an arrangement with Kontera so that publishers with less than 500,000 impressions/month could sign up for their program as a "friend of Joel Comm". I did it for several reasons...

1) I have many friends who wanted to use Kontera but did not meet their impression qualifications.

2) I believe Kontera offers a great service and I would like to see them succeed.

3) I am an entrepreneur and I am in the business of running a profitable business.

Any successful venture is a healthy combination of win/win/win for all parties. In this case, the publishers win because they can earn more... Kontera wins because they have more publishers to display ads... and heaven forbid that I should win for making it all happen. What's more, no one loses anything from their Kontera check as a result. And if I didn't do this, no publishers with less than 500,000 impressions would get approved.

Regarding Shoemoney, I have no beefs with him. Now that I see the thread referenced, I have to laugh. It was started in Nov 2005 and has been responded to multiple times, mostly by people who know me and know that the accusations are baseless and without merit.

While I don't feel I have to answer any questions, especially from antagonistic posters, feel free to ask whatever you want. :)

Joel

jcomm, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  15. RomanticGuy

Best Answers:
    Jack,

The issue of violating TOS prompted me to want to read Kontera's TOS again. I could not find a copy on your website. Can you please post a link to your TOS here so everyone can make sure they keep in Kontera's good graces.

Thanks!

RomanticGuy, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  16. RomanticGuy

Best Answers:
    I have had Kontera ads on my website for one week now and I thought I would share my results relative to Adsense. Since I am not running Kontera ads on my landing pages and some parts of my website, for comparison, I pulled an Adsense report for the pages that contain Kontera ads. Here are the results:

Page views 68% of Adsense
    Clicks 8.5% of Adsense
    CTR 12.6% of Adsense
    eCPM 9.0% of Adsense
    CPC 71.5% of Adsense
    Revenue 6.1% of Adsense

My first question was, why are the page views reported by Kontera lower than Adsense? What I came up with is that they probably do not have relevant ads for some of my international traffic.

I was initially receiving upto 16 Kontera ads on a page. I asked to limit the ads to 5 per page, remove run of the network ads, remove specific advertisers and remove ads for a particular topic. I received a reply e-mail saying my account had been "optimized". I am not sure any of my requests were fully implemented, but the number of ads were significantly reduced, which is a big step in the right direction. The one day results? CTR dropped 30% with no impact on revenue (CPC went up).

RomanticGuy, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  17. KonteraSupport

KonteraSupport Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Romantic guy -

You are correct -- Kontera stats may or may not match up to Google's stats. We report impressions as pages where we are able to place a ContentLink on that page. At times, the page does not provide terms that we have advertisements for, so we don't register an impression. The reasons are unique to each page and day part, but the result is the same -- no ContentLink at that moment.

Regards,

Jack
    Kontera Support

KonteraSupport, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  18. netjobs

netjobs Banned

Best Answers:
    Joel is a great guy and he his in this business several years now, I subscribed his email and got few good offers, even got free membership (Silver) sites like surefirewealth.com and moreover I looking everyday emails from Joel for new offers and useful products..

HE HIS SO MUCH PROFESSIONAL IN INTERNET MARKETING

Also, with kontera I am happy with the proceedings gets me another $100 this month, hope to get more in coming months..

netjobs, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  19. link_dev

link_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    I got into Kontera long time back and my page impressions then were less than 1000 PM.
    Was the restriction of 500K page impressions per month new entry barrier?
    --link_dev

link_dev, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  20. Bgn-Webmstr

Bgn-Webmstr Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello,

You seem to be a publishing expert -- I am a newbie, trying to get going several sites, like work-in-switzerland dot com but I am doing something(s) wrong and I don't know what it is (they are). After 3 months, the site has (only) about (400 visitors/month - 20,000 hits) but the adsense is virtually nill (like, 03 cents). There are about 3000 page impressions per month. Not great, I am sure -- but 0 adsense ?? For example, so far for March there are 1600 page impressions, 3 clicks, page cTR .13% and earnings: 9 cents !! Can you glance at the site and maybe give me some advice about my errors ??? Thanks, Howard

Bgn-Webmstr, Mar 16, 2007 IP