1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

99.99% of us will never be rich from adsense. Maths inside.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mightyb, Mar 14, 2007.

Just a few calculations...

Optimistic:

You get a stable 10% CTR with an average CPC of $0.10. Your traffic is 10.000 daily uniques.
    Daily income: $100

Reality

You get 2% CTR with an average CPC of $0.05. Your traffic is also 10.000 daily uniques.
    Daily income: $10

Even if you boost your traffic to 100.000 daily uniques (Woooow!) you will earn $100/day

I mean... I can earn 2 times as much doing an average job here. Im probably just ranting now but... A few years ago i used to be on around $80/day from adsense. Things just went downhill over the years. People look at adsnese and they think... Ohhhh! Easy money! Im going to be rich! They hear all the stories about 50% CTR and $24 clicks and they get their hopes up. Is it just me or adsense simply looks a bit dull now? I cant see my future with adsense. The real money is in products and services...

mightyb, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    Colleen, clvezlys and SEOLinker like this.
  2. JMonster

JMonster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the publisher is nothing more than a 2nd middleman (sometimes maybe 3rd, 4th, 5th etc) with the 1st being able to control (in a blackbox nonetheless) his profit and that of the 2nd middleman (the publisher.) Given this, your statement will always be true for cost/transaction. But it's all a matter of time and oppurtunity costs.

Do I either set up relationships, buy in bulk, learn the product specs, set up a 1800 line, hire customer service reps, etc OR do I concentrate on what I know (increasing traffic to websites) such that I can get it up to 1MM uniques?

I'm in agreement with your thoughts as a whole for my situation, but for someone else, just putting up 30 more sites in 30 different niches might be better.

JMonster, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  3. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you...
    It's hard to live just out of adsense, too much work and not a stable enough.
    I use it just to get that extra bucks at the end of month to buy gadgets or just hang out with friends :p

Jarodboy, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  4. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There are always some disadvantages of living in a rich country :p .

sachin410, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  5. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    JMonster

Yea, i agree with you. I was just talking about adsense in comparison.

sachin410

Russia? Why thank you! :D

mightyb, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  6. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends what you define as 'rich' :D

bacanze, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  7. RIXUS

RIXUS Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice math, but why you think that doing adsense is our Life call?

RIXUS, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  8. RIXUS

RIXUS Banned

Best Answers:
    I have better prefered jewelery trading , what costs a lot but you can be sure that you will be in profits not like in adsense where they can ban you in any time

RIXUS, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  9. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I never thought that. Infact for most of us adsense is just an additional income. I was just saying that people should not get their hopes up and its incredibly hard to make a living out of adsense alone.

mightyb, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  10. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Im from Norway, and average income here is somewhere above $50.000 USD a year. And that's the average of the entire country, even counting the poor ones! Adsense here is nothing.. :)

Cypherus, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  11. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    All calculations wrong here....

1. If you get 10,000 Uniques... You can easily get tons of solid deals which can make you atleast $50-$100 per day.

In that case you will end of earning only 20-40% of your total earing from Adsense. I am excluding $50-$100 per day from other sources.

2. If you get to 10,000 uniques, you will be a solid webmaster, with pretty good contacts in the industry and running few more sites. Add that income to your earnings too.

Even if you are running a forum, which gives you a very bad CTR, you will have a vibrant community and can charge your advertisers in different ways.

P.S.: But getting 10,000 per day is not a joke. It took me 8-10 months of hard work for my first website to get to 10K uniques/day.

nandini, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  12. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true, nandini! There is also alot of other affiliate programs you can signup to. It does of course depend on what kind of site you're running. You can signup to a affiliateprogram related too your niche.

Don't put your entire website income on adsense, there are alot of other good way to monetize your site!

Cypherus, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  13. nabil_kadimi

nabil_kadimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Optimization + Hard working + Patience + Hope

You get 15% CTR with an average CPC of $0.20. Your traffic is also 50.000 daily uniques.
    Daily income: $1500

nabil_kadimi, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  14. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    nandini

I was talking about adsense alone. If you were selling Lamborghinis and these 10.000 visitors were targeted...

nabil_kadimi

Welcome to the 0.01% of adsense users! :D

mightyb, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  15. mihd

mihd Peon

Best Answers:
    i seen worse figures than that :(

mihd, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  16. EasyVertex

EasyVertex Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the guy questioned here not the numbers themselves. He gave them only to show comparison. What he was trying to tell is that the industry of AdSense is going downhill. What was once a lucrative market, now is a highly competitive space with lots of sellers and very few profits.

EasyVertex, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  17. webhuge

webhuge Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,
    am from algeria , and this amount that you talking about 50.000 $ , it's very very big money here, and i can live with that some very good 5 years me and my family,

webhuge, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  18. Erind

Erind Peon

Best Answers:
    still a great source for a 17year old, who loves design and doe sit for fun. Why not make money doing something you like... A hobby with an income. Poeple usually spend money for hobbies. I make.

Love it.

Erind, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  19. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:

I talking about 90% of all websites.

If you are able to get 10,000 uniques in any niche.. (I can`t tell about adult/gambling/warez, since haven`t worked on them) you can definitely earn more than $100 per day.

nandini, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  20. SoftCloud

SoftCloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good calculations there mate. Though i'd be happy with $10 a day :p I'm now only getting around $0.4 / day. But this is going up a tiny-tiny bit each day. So maybe one day i'll get somewhere. :)

SoftCloud, Mar 14, 2007 IP