1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Yahoo ads are shown?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by hulo, Mar 13, 2007.

I am wondering, if I have 4 ad blocks going from the top of the page to the bottom, does the first adblock show the highest paying ads, followed by the second, then third, then fourth?

TIA

hulo, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  2. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nope...generally they all show the same, however, YPN has been working on this....one more thing, 3 adblocks is the max, you can get banned with 4...

d16man, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  3. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    u would only get a warning letter for 4 or more ad units. they wouldnt just ban you for it. and for the most part, they have fixed the repeated ads with some exceptions. but the order of those ads are not necessarily in a top to bottom orientation as i have seen the same advertisers rotate through various positions in an ad unit. so, to answer your question, no.

karagold, Mar 13, 2007 IP
  4. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say you would be banned, I said you "could" be banned....follow the TOS and you have nothing to worry about though...:D

d16man, Mar 14, 2007 IP
    samantha pia likes this.
  5. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with you, except we still have to worry that our traffic is converting for their advertisers. something completely out of our control with no way for us to track. at least give us some kind of account conversion rating.

jmo

karagold, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  6. hulo

hulo Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting, I need to go re-read the TOS.

Thanks for the information fellas.

hulo, Mar 15, 2007 IP