1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else noticing dropping in rankings?

Discussion in 'Google' started by jfontestad, Feb 25, 2007.

1. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed a large change the end of February, it is brutal. From over 1600 visitors a day to 300 a day.

Oh Cheers.

KeithCash, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  2. travelweaver

travelweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I see changes in my PR. One day it goes to 0 the next day is 3...
    Toddy

travelweaver, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  3. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for feeling the urge to post your little url. Guess what would happen if we all did that?:rolleyes:

visio, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  4. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL! How true!

Ok, I can see the drop too now. I just posted a new thread asking for help and tips on how to recover?

Visio, I'll do what you said earlier in one of your posts in this thread that we should wait before we start changing stuff in the website but perhaps some offline optimization might help?

zee, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  5. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Offline optimization is a very good idea. I suggest only one-way however. They can never hurt you and are much more valuable.
    Also try this linkbaiting method:
    http://www.1stsearchenginerankings....way-of-linkbuilding-how-to-create-a-linkbait/

It is a very natural and powerful way to achieve rankings and keep them. It will fortify your site in positions you only dreamed about. Of course this is not all cases but a good linkbait can work wonders.

visio, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  6. KeithCash

KeithCash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fell out of Google. After affiliate links added to site.

One of my sites was #1 under

screen room kit + state name

for every state in usa exept New York, now the site is off the charts. vistors went down from 1600-1800 a day 3 leads a day, to 300-400 a day maybe 1 lead a week.

back in January I added some affiliate links to bottom of all the pages, as of 1st of March all my work on getting into the googles #1 rankings is gone.

What is this website was your only income and Google takes it away, in the blink of an eye, no wrong doing on your part???? Just something to think about. From alot to nothing.

Clueless

KeithCash, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  7. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't remove sites positions for no reason. They actually don't remove them unless your penalized or banned. The only reason is because of disvalution of current links or failure to keep building good links.

visio, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  8. JoebeeKenobi

JoebeeKenobi Peon

Best Answers:
    Good advice I'd say. Our sites homepage ranks #2 for a major single word term and on Monday it completely disappeared from the SERPs. Two days later it was back. A similar thing happened to the #1 listing for the same search... we noticed they disappeared for a day or two then reappeared. The listings seem volatile at the moment but a knee jerk reaction will probably have a negative effect... hold on to your seat and ride it out I'd say...

JoebeeKenobi, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    visio likes this.
  9. crobike

crobike Peon

Best Answers:
    Today our rankings change every hour. It's getting better and better. From 30->29->28->26->25->24->23->22
    I hope it stops at the first place :D

I'm sure a lot of you will see the same thing with your websites.

crobike, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  10. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's not even close to true. Things shift in Google all the time due to tweaks in the algo, or mess ups on Google's part, or changes in competition, things that have nothing to do with what the webmaster may or may not have done.

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  11. LazyAK

LazyAK Peon

Best Answers:
    I dropped from a first place posistion for a very good keyword, to not even being on the map for the keyword anymore....why Google,why!?

LazyAK, Mar 8, 2007 IP