1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense dead now?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by coreyt1111, Mar 5, 2007.

ive read quite a few post here that say adsense is dead now and to do affliate programs. Is it best to do both?

coreyt1111, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  2. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Last I looked AdSense was very much alive on my sites and bringing the $$$ for me. I am not big on affiliate programs as I find that they don't quite pay much over the long term.

MattKNC, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  3. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh well, predicting the death of Adsense seems to be a hobby now and you can see titles like these emerging periodically every month or so.

As for the Adsense vs Affiliate issue, it depends on your site and its style. Both are in theory targeted, but the first relies on traffic generation and the second one on sales. Look again at your website. What would your readers do: buy or surf related topics?

Regards, George

geegel, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  4. raugusto

raugusto Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should read other posts...

the best is to use both adsense and affiliate programs. Don't put all your income in only one source...

raugusto, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  5. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    my site is about certain pet, so I figure I will put adsense, maybe cages, training ebooks, info ebooks, toys etc for it. Seems like if I get a good ranking in google I could do ok. The phrase im targeting gets 24,000 searches per month with 450k competetiors in google. So if I can get ranked on googles first page I should be ok. Im really aiming at making 10 bucks a day, im creating 10 niche sites like this for my goal of 100 bucks a day. Sound like a realistic goal?

6. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    If you work at it, you should be able to hit $100 per day with no problem. Try to get an affiliate program through someone like http://www.cheappetstore.com/ as they have high commissions.

MattKNC, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  7. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Matt, 100 a day would be amazing considering I only make a crappy 65 bucks a day profit working full time at home depot. I mean thats good for a college kid, 10 bucks a hour.....but its time consuming and alot of work. It would be crazy to have 100 bucks coming in everyday,lol.

8. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but then you can kiss The Home Depot good-bye and shop at Lowe's!

MattKNC, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  9. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, is it hard to get ranked on the first page of google that has 450k ompetetiors that seem pretty well optimized? Im just wondering what niches I need to target. Ive been thinking and think realistically I need over 10k searches per month for the niches I target dont you think? Now I also have to rank on googles first page, how hard is this to do? I have some very lo comp. sites that I have made that rank on googles first page, but tey only have very few competetors.

10. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll find it impossible to get on the first page for Google's SERPs unless you are a pet store yourself. Better to create a site where pet lovers congregate and to pitch your product directly to them.

Pet care is a saturated market.

MattKNC, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  11. t0ny

t0ny Banned

Best Answers:
    Adsense is not dead, what is probably dead is your efforts at it.

Increase your productivity, write good articles, make them "keyword-rich" and you know the rest....

Affiliate programs are ok but you also have to work hard at it.

Don't do clickbank as the products on there have a high rate of return.

Opt for others like cj.com

t0ny, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  12. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, but tony my main concern right now is rankin on googles first page per niche. If I can rank on the first page I feel confident I will make my goal.....thats if all my 10 websites are on googles first page. I know my other old sites I got on the first page in only a week or two if I type in the direct url for the site.

13. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Not dead but in general publishers will be earning less and less as more advertisers are not using the content network.
    Plenty still are since you can get such cheap traffic on the content network but thats bad news for publishers anyway.
    Looks like google are trying to clear up adsense and make the content network look better for advertisers other than arbitragers and list builders which would mean higher adsense payouts in the long run.

jabb, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  14. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, yea makes sense. So is it still fully possible to make 100 a day? Im eager to do it, ive ben trying to make money online for over 6 years no without much success. I really think I can make 100 a day with 10 solid websites in different niches.

15. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Ah another thread about the death of adsense.. lol...

Adsense is immortal... please can we stop making these threads? :)

KingofKings, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  16. jabb

jabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Research your niches and spend on PPC adwords/adcenter/7search sending the traffic to your adsense pages. Use keywordcountry.com to build your keyword lists and bid as low as each PPC network allows.
    If your not having much luck with organic traffic then you may as well use PPC, its instant traffic and much quicker to see results.

jabb, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  17. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    well the thing is my orginal plan was to do it via google adwords, im trying to avoid that now. I guess it would help give the site a "boost" right? Also ive read if you can get your site linked to a page ranked site with a PR rating of 5 or higher you will be listed in google within 24 hours, is this correct?

18. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    This viewpoint is usually promoted by people promoting their affiliate program. :D

tobycoke, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  19. network

network Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dead or not, just do it. even earning XX is money. and affilate is great (cj) :)

network, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  20. UrbanQuill

UrbanQuill Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definately getting harder to make money with adsense, but people are still making money nevertheless.

I think there's quite a big trend in people using both adsense and affiliate product promotion simultaneously on their site.

Good luck!

UrbanQuill, Mar 5, 2007 IP