1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High reputation on DP no guaranty for anything

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by noniman, Mar 5, 2007.

Just a short one to let people know that members with a high reputation - lots of green are not a guaranty for honesty when it comes to business deals.
    I will not name any member names but I have been ripped off by 2 high reputation members now and at the end of the day it looks like there is nothing I can do about it.
    Very disappointing and frustrating when you trust a high rep member, pay for a job in full upfront and the work is only partial completed.
    I wonder if anyone else has some simular experiences.

noniman, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    rubeina likes this.
  2. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you followed up on the progress of the job? What was his reply?

jdR!pper, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    bnts likes this.
  3. rays

rays Active Member

Best Answers:
    Relatively i am new to the DP .. i had similar stuff in mind HIGH REPUTATION = BEST QUALITY
    ... seems like i need to put some more thoughts on it

rays, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  4. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of transactions, it is better to look at their iTrader feedbacks than reputation. Honestly, reputation does not mean a lot. It just means that a lot of other members gave rep points just because they like his post or possibly for no reason at all.

--Joe

jdR!pper, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  5. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes I have - several deadline have past and waiting time for completion of the job has gone from 3-4 weeks to 6 months now. Will not get into more details since I do not wat to start a open battle with anyone here.
    Second member started the job that disappeared from DP for a while. Came back. mentioned some personal problems with the promise to fix it all up. Guess what - that was the end of it, job has never been completed and PayPal will not refund since i paid for a service and not for any goods.

noniman, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  6. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're going to do some deal here al DP, IMO you should look at member iTrader instead of member reputation.

ajsa52, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  7. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    What I do now is that I offer to pay 50% upfront and 50% on completion of the job - take it or leave it.
    Once burned always shy :(

How does an iTrader of over 200 sound?
    I always thought that stands for something.

noniman, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  8. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, all I can say is that sucks... :mad: his iTrader didn't mean anything at all. All you can do now is stay away from doing anymore transactions with that member. Just charge this one to experience. :)

--Joe

jdR!pper, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  9. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Leave a negative iTrader, that is the best you can do...

Jarodboy, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  10. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some members are giving away free stuff to get many iTraders. Check their iTrader threads before you deal with them. Specially if they got many iTraders in a short period of time.

login, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reputation is for posts etc etc

Itrade counts in for deals

w3bmaster, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  12. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that but as some already said, you can only leave negative iTrader in situations like this..

rubeina, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    bnts likes this.
  13. The Rock

The Rock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never ever pay full payment upfront when ever you will hire any new resource...:D

The Rock, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  14. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Who are these two members... can you give there usernames?

KingofKings, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  15. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't want to go into an open battle here. One of these 2 members had already an open discussion here with another unhappy customer. The result was that many member backed up this particular member simply due to the fact he has a high reputation and the thread was closed after a few days.
    The member ended up being insulted and told to backup.
    It's like in many areas in life as well – when you are on top you get away with a lot of things.
    I don't want to loose my little reputation I have on this forum – just gona bite the bullet and put it under experiences.

Yes, I agree. But many service offers here are only offered on a upfront payment basis only.

Look at yourself as an example. With your reputation one negative feedback wouldn't make any difference to you.

noniman, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  16. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should disclose their names here. The goal of rep and iTrader system is to give relative idea of how trustworthy any member is. There is provision of negative reps and iTraders so that issues you are having can be addressed.

Though its not fool-proof - these two factors are widely used by lot of members here and they do account for in deals.

Irrespective of few bad cases, in general rep and iTrader system is pretty good at assessing someones trustworthiness on DP.

So help us all and disclose the name of those people - let not other suffer because of few.

dshah, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  17. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    I still agree, rep and iTrader are a good indication of a members trustworthiness. All I say is “buyer be aware”, it's not a guaranty for anything.
    Just had a PM from one of these members and been promised that the job will be completed within days now rather than another 3 months. Looks like this thread resulted in a good outcome for me at the end. :)
    Just looked up my first PM's with this member and the original agreed completion date was at the end of December – I must be one of the most patient customers around. :rolleyes:

noniman, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  18. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I know who you're talking about. If he's the same guy who I think it is, he's done similar crap with me! I actually questioned his service in one of his threads...and next thing I know, I got an infraction for "inaproppraite post" and that post was deleted very soon so I guess few people saw it!

And now, he and his goons (most of whom he referred to DP) keep giving me red rep at every oppurtunity coz I "offended him".

So the point is, be it real life or virtual life, the "rich and the powerful" can always get away with a lot of things.

sar420, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  19. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    lol, you pretty much said who that is since there are only a few guy with 200+ itrader:rolleyes:

ahkip, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  20. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you can not "name" the members in public, there is no point of starting threads like this. It is confusing!

maldives, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    jdR!pper likes this.