1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammer...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by immortality, Feb 28, 2007.

1. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont want your $20. I dont care if hes 15, 6, or 30, he is a scammer and he ruined it for himself.

immortality, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  2. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    he is not a scammer and you are an idiot for lending a child money in the 1st place. a moron for making a private issue a public matter. and a fool for not knowing the definition of the word scam.

i wonder how much a minor gives in sexual favors for $20? see how things can look when you make something private, into something public? you just dont send money to children, you dont make private issues a public matter, and you should care about the age of the people you are sending money too, as it can look like something so different to one person than it does to another.

when a stranger on the net sends a child money, the 1st thing that people start to think is, a/ sexual baiting of a minor, b/ sexual grooming of a minor.

i think you really do need to worry about sending a child money, and not make it public.

samantha pia, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    This thread is getting out of hand, methinks.

Immortality - if you want $20, I'll send you it myself and write it off, although I appreciate that isn't what this thread is about.

I think the kid, Xadet, needed $20 and was probably genuine in their belief they could pay you back but their plans didn't quite pan out as they had hoped. I have kids about the same age and they tell me the same thing with all sincerity - "I'll pay you back when {some reason here}".

Could Xadet have handled things differently? For sure. Could you? Most certainly. Maybe best to take a step back?

mcfox, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If he/she can't pay you, then ask him/her to carry out $20 of work in payment.

In the past when people have owed me but couldn't pay me, this is how I worked it out.

End of ;)

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  5. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    i offered to pay the $20 too.

6. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    samantha pia is accusing immortality for trying to buy sexual services from a kid and she is accusing Xadet3 for trying to sell sexual services. Its a really intelligent statement that is very much related to the topic of the thread.

login, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Ah, the wisdom of OWG - good idea.

mcfox, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  8. FOX LORE

FOX LORE Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with samantha pia , he's not a scammer! I had load money on DP and never even ask for payment back. This is ridiculous immortality! I don't loan money out if i do than its a gift. You definitely will go a long way if you add this motto do your thoughts. Giving is better than receiving!

FOX LORE, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  9. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I made this thread to warn people about what hes doing, its not about the $20. If you gave me $20 all it would be doing is making him seem like the good guy here. You guys are missing the point, if he ever wanted to pay me back he would try to work it out, instead he is just avoiding me.

10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No she's not... she's pointing out how one's actions might be interpreted by someone else.

Just as the male school teacher who hugs a distressed student might be seen as "a problem" despite the purest of intentions, so might the actions of someone online.

She wasn't accusing "immortality", but warning him. Generous actions can often be misconstrued.

As for "Xadet3" avoiding "immortality", that's what kids do when they're in a corner. Adults front up. If you expect adult behaviour from a child then you should also expect to be disappointed.

sarahk, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  11. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Immortality, THAT is what people who can't pay their debts do. No doubt he offered to give you back $25 this week right?

I understand where you are coming from man, but you can't get blood out of a stone. Calling him a scammer is a bit off though. By all means call him out as an immoral person who does not honour his debts, but for him to be a scammer, it would have had to be his intention not to pay you back when he borrowed/stole the money off you.

ONLY he/she will know that.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  12. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I call it scamming, you call it something else, what were going to call him is not the point of this thread.

13. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    you dislike me and always go out of your way to show it, well thats fine, but you just make yourself look stupid with dumbass comments like that one.

go get a life fool.

thank you sweetie, at least someone here is not out to try and mislead anyone and see's what i say for what it is,.

and guess what? he still has in his sig? the very thing you asked him to put in his sig for as long as he owes you the money, i bolded it for you, meaning he still acknowledges he owes you $20

here go see for yourself http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=247750

14. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    Let me bold something for you.

Then from a PM on Feb 25th
    He went missing until March 2nd, and never sent me a message when he was on.

15. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    next time you want to give me bad rep, click the right button,
    and this is your comment on the rep

how sweet of you ya

let me bold something for you.

that sounds like a threat, he is the one in a position to know when he can make the payment, not you, you are using a tone of language to a child that is threatening, and from an adult, what do you ecpect children to do when it sounds like someone is making threats?

you need to change the way you speak to people, look at your tone of voice all through this thread, it's been nothing to be pleased of. and sounds like you have an axe to grind with everyone you talk to in this thread. if you cant see where you are going wrong, then maybe you need to seek proffessional help.

16. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    Please read insane's rep he gave you, its great advice. If anyone needs help, its you.

17. nusuni

nusuni Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an idea, how about you accept you lost your friggin $20 and get on with your life.

Every single human makes mistakes

How about you learn from your mistake and move on?

I am sure every single person on the face of the planet has lost (or will lose) money to a scammer at some point. It is what happens, it has happened throughout history.

I don't know what it is about people lately, but they seem to think the Internet is this great tool for getting revenge. That is what is wrong with society these days. 99.9% of the people out there cannot accept they made a mistake, so instead of admitting it they try to get revenge.

By the way, to anyone who may read this, you should be VERY VERY CAREFUL when calling anyone a bitch, liar, pedophile, etc. We live in a very sue-happy society, and calling people names without any ground can get you in huge, and I mean huge, trouble.

Everyone is angry these days. I used to be an angry person, a very angry person. But I learned that it is better to live life happily than to be pissed off all the time.

nusuni, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  18. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    I have learned from my mistake, its just I try to warn people about this guy and then some... one... has to come in and think they know everything when they clearly dont.

19. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    you surely dont thats for sure, you think you can threaten a child and they are going to come back for more? you make me laugh, you and login have no people skills. and if you acted mature, i am sure you wouldnt have ended up in this position, but acting childish just got you what you got. :D

20. WebmasterPost.com

WebmasterPost.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate that you warned of us of him in case he asks us for money. You've done this community a service and done the right thing by making this public. :)
    Posititve rep given.

WebmasterPost.com, Mar 4, 2007 IP