1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammer...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by immortality, Feb 28, 2007.

Xadet3 asked to borrow $20 last week. I decided to lend it to him and gave him until the end of the week to pay. He never payed me and never messaged me so I sent him a PM telling him I want it by Tuesday of this week. He said he would have it to me by then and then started saying how hes having trouble with his family and crap like that. I cant do anything about it because I froze my paypal account after it got hacked. I had a feeling that I wasnt going to be getting my money back but I decided to trust him, I mean its only $20. Im just warning you guys so he doesnt try to scam anyone else.

immortality, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. MattKNC

MattKNC Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that stinks. Fortunately, it is only $20 but it could have been a lot worse.

People who make excuses about not repaying are sad cases. If he had any integrity he would make some sort of arrangement to pay you back...better late than never.

MattKNC, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    If he had a real reason and actually tried to get the money to pay me back I would have let him go for a month. Unfortunately he probably never had intentions to pay me back.

4. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe he will pay you the money back... I think you should of given it more time before you call him a scammer..

KingofKings, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    That may be true but dont tell me youll pay me and then just all of a sudden go missing. If he knew he was having family trouble and wouldnt be able to get it to me he could have told me that. If he wants to play the avoiding game hes a scammer in my book.

6. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Avoiding is is sometimes used because of embarrassment.
    It is too much to ask if you edit your first post and remove his ID name...

7. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    He told me about his family problems 3 or 4 days ago. I asked him to pay me by Tuesday and he said he could and would. Once I said that he went "missing". If I wanted to embarrass him by making a post telling everyone about his family problems I would have went into detail. For now im warning people of this guy and I wont take his name down. If it turns out he wasnt a scammer I apologize but right now it looks the total opposite.

8. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    Alright man suit yourself.. just hope one day something like this doesn't happen to you... If that guy really has family problems, I just hope he is not looking at this thread now..

Anyway time will tell... :)

9. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    Well he was on two days ago and didnt even message me. Just reinforces that he is a scammer.

immortality, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  10. KingofKings

KingofKings Banned

Best Answers:
    he still didn't pay you back??? hmmmm he's starting to get my vote as a scammer...

KingofKings, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  11. nusuni

nusuni Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly why I don't let people borrow money...

nusuni, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  12. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hold on a sec, he asked to borrow money, i fail to see how that's a scam, that's a bad debtor not a scammer, he never sold you anything to scam the money from you, he asked for a lone and you gave it to him, people asking to lend money are usually in some financial trouble, your mistake was taking the risk of not getting repaid by giving money to someone that is already in some financial trouble.

that is not a scammer.

samantha pia, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  13. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Forget it - you have no contract with Xadet3 - he / she is a minor.

Irritating? Yes. Big deal? No.

Let's face it - if someone came up to you in the street and asked you for a $20 loan, what would you say?

The mere fact that someone is desperate enough to ask for $20 should be enough to tell you may have great difficulty getting the cash back.

mcfox, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  14. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Unforunately gotta agree with samantha and mcfox on this one. At least you are only short $20.

Lesson learned. On the other hand it's sad because of good people like you who are willing to help, but probably won't the next time because of what happened.

Skinny

Skinny, Mar 4, 2007 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  15. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    posting his name and calling him a scammer because he felt he could ask you for a loan of $20 and is having problems paying it back, does not give you the right to call him a scammer.
    you have already trashed his name and i for one would feel even if he can pay you back right now, you'll just get a "fuck it not after what he just did" and i think i would have to agree with him.

you made a personal arrangement with someone about the loan of $20 and now gone public by calling him a scammer, (which he is not, he has not scammed you) he borrowed $20

all you have done is lowered your own self worth, people wont trust you so much with personal matters because your integrity is worth shit.

you make personal matters, public

16. nusuni

nusuni Peon

Best Answers:
    The only time you should go public with personal matters is if you find out they did the same thing to other people (friends, etc). Then there would be more credibility on your end of the equation.

nusuni, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  17. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    sadly yea then you can call it a scam too, but this was not what i see, i see someone making a persoanl issue, public, to ridicule someone. who might still be having a hard time getting the money, he is only 15 after all

18. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You did the right thing, its ok to go online with the names of cheaters and liars.

login, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  19. immortality

immortality Peon

Best Answers:
    How is it not a scam? He asked to borrow money and said he would pay me back after a week. He did it with no intentions of paying me back so he is a scammer. If he wanted to pay me back he wouldnt make up an excuse and not pay me back. If he was going to pay me back he wouldnt go missing then come back and not tell me whats going on.

This started off as a personal matter but needs to end in public. If I dont let people know he may try to ask for more money from someone else and not pay them back. I fail to see how people wont trust me for trying to do two good things.

If he was having trouble getting the money thats fine, the least he could do is tell me, NOT AVOID ME. Since he avoids me hes a scammer, end of story, he isnt paying me back.

immortality, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  20. samantha pia

Best Answers:
    so he cant pay you back even if he had the $20, and you had a feeling you wouldnt get it back, from a 15 year old child? what did you expect?

send me details and i'll send you the $20 via paypal you'll have to wait till i pay it in the bank tomorrow, via mail, i'll post it tomorrow, your call how do you want the $20

then leave the kid alone right.