1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Squidoo? Good way to get free traffic

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by SALINAS, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree it sounds like a lot work for $60, however, it is all about long term results. If you have a goal and stick to it, then working a zillion hours a week now for very little money can reap you huge rewards down the line. (for probably a lot less work. ) :D I think setting the foundation requires the most work, the rest is gravy.

Janet, Mar 2, 2007 IP
    sar420 likes this.
  2. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well said :) . Just adding to it, sticking to your goal for that long requires a lot of patience. Few people have that in today's and world...and thats what makes all the difference between those few and the rest :D

sar420, Mar 2, 2007 IP
    Janet likes this.
  3. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been building some lenses over the last few months, got a handful of them now. I've not seen any significant earnings from them yet, but my Agloco and Link-Vault lenses have been bringing in a lot of referrals. Just goes to show that money isn't the only benefit to having lenses on Squidoo... (there's a lot of fun to be had too).

Cryo.

Cryogenius, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  4. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's me. And I'm also Reppy at sitepoint.com. We keep bumping into each other!

Reprobate, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  5. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    That's the way to go I think. Keep them separate. It's like keeping your personal life away from your business dealings. I'm glad they don't expect you to keep all your lenses in one lensmaster account.

In addition to that my wife has a lensmaster account, where she's made a dozen or so. And I've got my son (who's in his early teens) started. He read the Everyone's An Expert ebook (I printed it out) and he's made one lens. And he's started on another. He actually went and registered his lensmaster account on the quiet, he didn't want me to know about it. To surprise me. But I do, so I gave him a couple of lenses I made which are about things that he's into.

6. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    The more money I make the more vague I'll be with the figures :D

I'm N376 and Firebrand and another which isn't ready to be released. You'll only find me posting as N376 though. If I had known the account name was going to be the SquidU identity I would have registered something else. N376 = Glen (read it upside down). You can rename your account but I'm unsure what that will do in the system should my referrals start hitting $15 and we both get the $5 referral bonus.

I've started a couple of groups, and joined a few. I'll have to do a crash course in Groupmastering because I haven't quite worked it out like I have with the lens building.

7. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Look at that... Squidoo's bringing families together. ;)

jhmattern, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  8. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    It's residual. I put in the time and effort now and with the right sort of promotion, and the SEO effect, it'll find itself indexed and traffic coming in without me having to do anything.

So long of course it's quality.

I'd like to think I've made some quality lenses. Especially the ones where I speak from experience. I have a lot of interests and I'm good at research, but the ones that I find myself typing up what's coming off the top of my head rather then rewording or reworking what I've found elsewhere are the ones I'm most proud of.

I'd like to see some specific lenses on law. Though getting a straight yes or no answer of a lawyer is a difficult proposition, I know from experience :p

But I'd find a whole series of law lenses a compelling read.

9. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I've got a few more potential lensbuilders who haven't reached high school age yet :D

10. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    See, I am boring, I basically use the same screen name and avatar in all the forums I post in so I am very easy to scope out. :D

Janet, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  11. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    While you say boring others might call it... predictable. :p

While I put it down to being less confusing and reliable. :D

12. exponent

exponent Peon

Best Answers:
    wow.. thanks for the infraction

exponent, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  13. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    When you think about it, it was work I did prior to December to earn that $60 in February. So on one hand there is no immediate pay off, but on the other you reap what you sow. It'll also be incremental.

So theoretically I can stop making lenses and I should keep earning the same (I don't believe I've put in much of an effort in promoting my lenses, except for the occasional mention at forums in threads about Squidoo).

Reprobate, Mar 3, 2007 IP
  14. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I forgot to answer a question you put forward to me...
    With the exception of my lens on Agloco I'm pretty sure all my lenses are outside-affiliate-link free.

Though I will correct myself, I have put in a couple of links to Amazon with my own associate code, but that was because I had it already written up as such in an ezine (I wrote 7 years ago) that I've now published as a lens. I did however copy and paste the text into an Amazon module, and linked to the product again with the Squidoo Amazon link.

I have some lenses that have no Amazon (or other affiliate modules) in them because I didn't feel that it needed them. And most of my revenue has been from Adsense anyway. I honestly have no problem with going halves with Squidoo in the revenue. I love the tools and also the community. It also means I don't have to go out and register a domain name every time I come up with a half brained idea :D

15. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Infraction?

16. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you got an infraction? for what?

sar420, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  17. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Maybe they meant "explanation". :confused:

Reprobate, Mar 4, 2007 IP
  18. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nopes reprobate :p

I guess you're not aware of the infraction system at DP. Its like giving out a red card to sum1 who breaks the rules in soccer.

Infraction is given by mods to members for various reasons...including bumping thread, inappropriate posting, thread started in wrong category etc. Normally one infraction is a negative 1 point for you. And it takes anywhere between 1 to 6 months to expire, depending on the seriousness of ur "crime". For example, an infraction I got in mid-december is bout to expire on March 13. However if you accumulate a total of -10 points from your infractions, you will be banned from DP (though temporarily until one of your infractions expire)

you'l know more bout it when you actually get it! :D

sar420, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  19. jacky4

jacky4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Tip!

jacky4, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  20. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    no probs! anything for newbies....;) :D

sar420, Mar 5, 2007 IP