1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Offer Codes question

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by Mia, Mar 2, 2007.

Is it possible to specify an offer code to include/cover only a specific product/account type? If so, how.

We would like to create larger price discounts on some big ticket items, but it appears the offer code can be used with any item/s we sell. That said, someone could potentially get a $50 discount on a $20 item, leaving them a $30 credit.

Thank you.

Mia, Mar 2, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  2. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    We've setup an Offer Code to an Account Class, then mapped a product to that specific Account Class. I'm not sure if this helps or not. Other option if it was a onetime credit is to use a setup fee.

ColinR, Mar 5, 2007 IP
    Mia likes this.
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It would certainly help, assuming that that "account class" field is the same as the "type,status". It's hard to tell just what the "account class" is. I see it in the offer codes set up, but no where else in OG.

Thanx..

Mia, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  4. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    Create an account class following this path:

Maintenance & Preferances > General Preferences > More

Here you input the Company Info and the "New Account Class" along with company settings etc. Follow same under "merchant" so they bill correctly.

As you set it up here then go to Offer Code and set up Offer Code xyz then map it to Account Class. You will not see Account Class in list until a record uses it so you have to type it in manually.

Then off to product list and you can either share a current product to a new account class or create a new product and map to the new Account class again typing it in as not used yet so not available to be selected.

Marketing has forced me to use it this way and it works fine. Some maintenance but it works.

Hope this helps..

ColinR, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Great, thank you for the help. One problem though... I cannot seem to create a new record/company name. The option is grayed out.

Mia, Mar 5, 2007 IP
  6. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    You need to purchase a multi company license from Hogan..I think its around $1,000.

ColinR, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Unless I see some significant update, or at least a sign of one in the future, I don't think that's gonna happen.. Thanx again for all the help.

Mia, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  8. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    no problem and "I hear ya"

ColinR, Mar 6, 2007 IP