1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Squidoo? Good way to get free traffic

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by SALINAS, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone seen any profits from your Squidoo lens yet?

MaryMary, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  2. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    I got 73 cents, does that count? lol sad thing is that it's true, haha Seriously though you should consider making money "indirectly" from squidoo. Leading that traffic to squeeze pages, OTO's, membership sites, etc. That is how you profit off of Squidoo.com

Also check out my popular lens, I just gave it a huge make over: http://www.squidoo.com/traffic_building

John Guanzon, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I made $6.99 for the last two weeks of December (when I launched my first few lenses). I haven't seen January's numbers yet, but probably not much since my top 100 lenses all dropped to like 1000 or so now. Who knows though.

jhmattern, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  4. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    February payment (which is for December... see www.squidoo.com/when) I got US$60-something dollars.

February has been a good month for me in terms of traffic, so April will look to be a great month, hopefully will break into the triple figures for the month.

We're about 10 days away from the next payment, which will be for January. Not sure how I'll go, I'm assuming it'll be better than last month for me. Though how much I'm not sure.

Reprobate, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Reprobate, how many lenses do you manage?

6. Riatsala

Riatsala Peon

Best Answers:
    I've earned $2.52 so far, which was from five lenses and is purely adsense income. I now have nine lenses of much higher quality, so hopefully that will start to increase.

Reprobate, can you give us a breakdown of your $60 into adsense, affiliate links (amazon, ebay etc) and referral bonuses? Hope you don't mind me asking, I'm just curious. ;)

Riatsala

Riatsala, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  7. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you made that much from squidoo!!!

sar420, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  8. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    One of the guys made $1000 last month. He's getting a LOT of Amazon sales.

9. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I know that the hand bag lady has got to be makin some dough.

John Guanzon, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  10. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    There's been a few Amazon sales, not much though. Most of mine is, or I should say must be, from Adsense.

Referral bonuses? None.

I have referred people, but you (and they) only get the $5 bonus after they have cleared $15 in revenue on their own.

I'd like to see payment history stats. I've asked. Others have asked. It's on the To Do list.

11. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Hundreds.

I have more than one Lensmaster account (yes, you're allowed to have more than one). One of my Lensmaster accounts I'm currently working on producing 94 lenses. I used to have a fan ezine back in the late 90's that lo and behold I wrote it in such a way that I can copy and paste the content straight into modules (though adding HTML along the way). If Squidoo was around in 1998/1999 I would have made a killing with the 650 subscribers I had. It was a free ezine, but I had amazon links.

Anyway, before I make a short story long, I'm building those lenses in an account that hasn't had any exposure. As I don't want anyone to subconsciously, accidentally or on purpose to go and claim lens names before I can get to them. There's a theme running through it, it wouldn't take much to try and derail my attempt at continuity.

Being a fresh Lensmaster account and brand new lenses with no existing traffic to siphon thru from established lenses it'll take longer than 2 months before I start seeing any revenue. I expect it to be like it did when I started. 44 cents first payment, a dollar something the next, and rising slowly but steadily.

I'm hoping to prove Seth Godin right. At the start of Squidoo he was hoping that it would grow in size and quality where it would mean that thousands of people would make enough money from Squidoo to consider it a full time income. I hope to be one of those people.

Two of my lenses from what I call my primary account :) are Why Squidoo? which is aimed at people who have heard of Squidoo but haven't signed up, and I'm a Lensmaster! What now? who obviously is for those that have signed up to Squidoo but aren't aware of all the ins and outs.

One of the lenses I wrote as an off-shoot of that one is Basic HTML for Squidoo which the Squidoo Inc Team have deemed good enough to actually link to it from the Edit Mode when people are editing their lenses as a tutorial.

So all in all I'm a very happy Squid looking forward to the good times ahead.

12. ichigo

ichigo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i only use squidoo for pr passing. I write articles about niches that are new and post on squidoo. I then create a website about that niche and deep link my squidoo article to my page. ofcourse i only do that when those lens have gained pr ;)

ichigo, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  13. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! How do you maintain over a hundred lenses?

Janet, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  14. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a very good strategy.

15. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Catch and release :D

When I said "hundreds" I meant a lot more than a hundred ;)

I haven't had a count recently but it'll be more than a couple of hundred. The 94 that I'm working on... I'm about a third of the way through them, will add to that. I take a break every now and look over what I've already done. When I have a thought or find a site that could be added to the links I'll type it up as a txt doc in Notepad and toss it into my To Do folder I've named Lens Workshop. Then when make the time and update.

I don't always use Guestbooks, and the ones I do I've taken to setting them so I have to approve the comment. Simply for the fact that I'm notified. That way I don't miss any feedback and I don't have to constantly check to see if there's new comments.

16. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you N376? I didn't realize. I see your posts all the time in the SquidU forum. :) It is funny to meet the same people in different forums.

Janet, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  17. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I guess I should have started a new thread for this question. It's good to know so many people are willing to be honest about their earnings.

Thanks for the input.

How about sharing your lensmaster names and groups you belong to.

Obviously I'm DraperyMary. You?

MaryMary, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Wow... I have to admire you. I have about 10-15 up across 3 accounts (one for business-oriented lenses, one for personal ones or ones I just don't want associated with my business ones, and one for lenses I set up for Suite101). I have about 30 others that I've started, but won't publish until I make time to finish them.

I have Amazon ads up on a few, but don't know if it's really helped. For the most part, I'm sticking with the Adsense ads, and just trying to provide good info that will target some quality ads. We'll see how that works. :)

Do you use any of your own affiliate links outside of the modules?

19. smileydog

smileydog Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that an AWFUL lot of work for what amounts to not that much in earnings? I keep trying to balance my effort against income, with a specific $ per hour in mind... so getting a couple bucks here and there unless it only takes a few minutes to throw together just seems like misallocation of effort... but then, I'm (hopefully) trying to replace a 6 figure income as a lawyer...

I guess everyone is trying to make a good return, but when i see the squidoo posts and things like people looking for blog posts for $.05 or something... being kind of new at this, it seems like I'd have to work a LOT of hours to make it all add up.

smileydog, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Hiring writers cheaply is one thing, but something like Squidoo is entirely different. It's similar to running your own websites, in that income won't be much at first likely, but will grow with a bit of maintenance. The hard part is getting things set up. Maintaining and updating isn't too bad. If you don't struggle through the initial phases, you won't likely end up making the big bucks with it later on... so it's effort well spent if you keep working hard. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.