1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO How much does it cost?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Valhalla, Feb 23, 2007.

1. djrishi

djrishi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its depends on the level of competition (keywords). The more popular is the keyword, more would be the cost.

djrishi, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried to answer each point in your statement (IN RED), as I could not work out why you quoted all of my post and answered none of it.

Tell me one thing though, WHY ARE YOU HERE? why are you posting on DP forums? This is a genuine question by the way, not a rhetorical attack.

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 28, 2007 IP
    visio likes this.
  3. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not personally saying anything about your way of SEO and criticizing it. Don't take it that way. I am saying the way I see SEO in general. So please keep that in mind.

If the professor was Einstein or Stephen...

No, it doesn't matter who they are to me ;) Once a belief in it without checking what's said, that is prejudice to me.

They are scientific tests...

Anyone can cliam anything. So its a matter of how its presented.

WHO SAID you must accept everything as true?

I didn't say we need to do that either. But some do without testing anything.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea what the top SEO's do...

"They have no idea what I do either". But such statements won't lead anywhere. It's better to back up with certain proofs. That's more convincing to me.

Top SEO's mostly communicate their findings between their own clusters. Every top quality web marketing forum has a private area...

hehe.. that's exactly why I need to be careful. If they hold a truth and can not be shared with others to be validated, then how can one believe that? What if I say I know a new SEO method and won't tell you the detail, but tell you only that I tested with my friends and convince you it's validated?

Matt Cutts says WHAT GOOGLE WANT HIM TO...
    I'm glad we agree on this then ;) But many simply believe in him blindly. I think you know that.

Why do you say it is easier for YOU to decide? do you think that I am some sort of retard who has no mind of my own? I find this comment VERY insulting, and hope it is just a language in text thing and that you are not being as condescending as you appear to me...
    I don't know why you took that so personally. I never intended to be that way. Please do not think I was saying that to you. I apologize if I was not clear enough. I simply meant any given SEO method should be experimented or tested. That's how I do.

WHY ARE YOU HERE? why are you posting on DP forums?
    I'm not really here to teach anyone. Maybe gypsy wants to do that. I was expecting to learn some SEO, but I did too much homework before I came here to be honest. I found out it was a rather hard to find decent SEO threads here. It's unfortunate that I haven't learned anything new SEO method yet since I joined DP. (I'm farily new though compared to many ;) ) Only Gypsy's blog caught my attention at least. Nothing new, but it was a good reading to me.

DP is good place to see what other webmasters do for all marketing and advertising strategies. I learned some Adsense things, picked up some affiliate programs and got to know what and how they do with those things.

coolsitez, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  4. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. I will give you that. But it's because you are an SEO FreaK :D

Not many even try a single experiment. I have done some experiments myself. And to me, those things taught me so much. It's like a real life lesson. You learn by experiencing things.

But for others to understand what you have been doing and if you want to let them know, it's a better approach to do so with some proofs. And let the results be tested by others to confirm the consistency.

coolsitez, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. porksta

porksta Peon

Best Answers:
    Why doesnt someone put there price list up and what they do for it?

porksta, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  6. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $1000 for one hour of consultation on seo. Does that satisfy you? Ohhh I forgot. What it is does? This consultation will show you what to do with your site to achieve outstanding success in Google. Hows that?:)

visio, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    My price is free and for that, I do nothing.

Now if yu give me the URL of your website then I can give you a personal quotation.

Would you ring a dealer and say'how much is a car, any car?

How much is plastic surgery?

How much is a vacation?

ALL RELATIVE TO THE SERVICE PROVIDED

Old Welsh Guy, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But but please just quote me a price... please...:p
    Thats how you get scammed. First figure out what they can do for you then figure out what they cost.

visio, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  9. george75

george75 Peon

Best Answers:
    It costs a lot of hours, 000's for competitive markets. Also, it tends to be very dull work but the pay outs are worth it.

george75, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  10. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to define your goals first and then look for someone who can meet those goals. The fee would depend on your goals.

ablaye, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  11. DarkBrothers

DarkBrothers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Regardless of cost, remember one thing. Anyone can call themselves an SEO, very few know much about it. Do your research, ask for references, examples of top terms they have accomplished, etc..

DarkBrothers, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  12. porksta

porksta Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand how there is a huge list of variables but you must have some kind of pricing structure?
    Do you look at it in how many man hours it will take and charge accordingly to your hourly rate?
    How much does the price change for the amount of competition for KW,
    say a site thats competition is 1,000,000 sites compared to 4,000,000 compared to 10,000,000?
    I guess example quotes that you have done before would give a good indication of the cost?

porksta, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  13. tofumonkey

tofumonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess seo is attacking on the long tail,
    while accumulatively be the no. 1 on the low competitive keywords.

the collective efforts should one day shoot you up to be the no.1 in your area. :)

tofumonkey, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  14. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    The pricing structure is simple really. it is HOW MUCH TIME X HOW MUCH COST. it doesn't get much easier than that.

But different sites have different needs. I worked on the Norwich Union website. This is a massive website for one of the largest insurance companies in Europe. It needed ABSOLUTELY no link building, and they had their own in house SEO's and designers coders etc, so all I had to do was work out what needed doing, and tell them.

This is a mile away from a small site that needs 100% ground up SEO.

You see every client is different, some can do some of the work themselves, some like me to teach them what I am doing, others just say 'get on with it'.

Some need link building, but if I charged out link building at my hourly rate then people would not be able to afford me. So it is not a straight equasion is it. Certain stuff you can outsource, some stuff you simply MUST do yourself.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  15. freestyler

freestyler Peon

Best Answers:
    That is certainly true what you mentioned above.

The pro’s in the seo field such as the services offered by seomoz are highly priced on hourly basis and so the budget has to be good enough to afford their service. There are a lot of newbie’s in the field of SEO now but the difference in their way of applying the techniques can simply be figured out and shouldn’t be trusted IMO.

freestyler, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  16. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    MANY so called SEO's are simply link bombers who build links and nothing else. this is NOT optimisation is it?

Opimise: means to make something into its optimum best

HOW ON EARTH can bombing a site to the top with links make it as good as it can be? you have to look at voncersion rations usabiliuty and all the other elemeents that go into MAKING MONEY, which is what websites exist for (mostly).

17. thegypsy

thegypsy Peon

Best Answers:
    OWG - U still carrying this thread around on yer back? Bwaaa ha ha ha... Your patience is far greater than mine this week... he he

To my estimation - no dis to anyone I missed - is that you, Visio and myself are the only FULL TIME, EXPERIENCED SEOs on this thread. So, yer chasing your tail as far as trying to get anyone to fully understand.

I am also guessing the balance have never HIRED an SEO firm, so there is little understanding there.

If they have never BEEN an SEO nor HIRED and SEO, how is it we can expect anything? It's like talking about building a Driving School, with folk that have never driven a car.

I could have gone Blue in the face here... in the end, I shall simply unsubscribe from this thread... less stress that way :D

thegypsy, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  18. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    blue faced, I also unsubscribe :D

19. sylvain

sylvain Peon

Best Answers:
    I strongly believe that seo is not only a matter of technical things (e.g. backlinks, webpage optimizations and so on) but also a matter of defining a good communication strategy for a specific brand (or website).
    Thinking of SEO as a technical thing is like thinking of advertisement policy as only how pretty must be the ads and how much people will read them, it's not that simple.

By the way, the cost of seo (I charged) is more or less the cost of a marketing team, meaning that the price of each person that will work on a specific marketing campaign ranges from 450$ to 1000$ a day (depending the level of expertise).

sylvain, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  20. Komodo Tale

Komodo Tale Peon

Best Answers:
    It began as a simple reply for this forum thread. It ended-up being a two page essay. So I posted it to my blog. So with apologies I give you this link:

Hiring a Consultant for SEO and SEM

Komodo Tale, Mar 1, 2007 IP