1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

*** Embed Proxy is Here! - Now You Can Run Proxies On Free or Shared Hosting! ***

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sullmoney, Feb 26, 2007.

Hello everyone, My name is Pat and I am the owner and creator of http://embedproxy.com/. Here is embedproxy at a glance:

Embedproxy is a revolutionary new development that allows website owners to have the luxury of running their own proxy without having to pay expensive server fees. To use embedproxy on your website, all you need to do is paste the code below into your site's source, where you want the proxy browse bar to appear. It really is that simple.
    <iframe name="I1" src="http://www.embedproxy.com/go/" width="344" height="98" style="border: 1px solid #FFFFFF" border="0" frameborder="0"> Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe>
    Code (markup):
    Your site does not even have to be a proxy, or proxy related to use this free service! The embedproxy code will work on any web page the allows frames.

You can even place the embedproxy browsebar on the frame of your proxified pages. This will save you loads of money from cutting down on bandwith usage and other server resources.

With embedproxy, you will be able to run an unlimited amount of proxies without having to pay the expensive server costs that other proxy owners have to deal with. You will be able to use embedproxy even on most shared or even free hosting plans. Say goodbye to $100 server bills or the countless hours of downtime from using traditional proxy scripts.

We are also offering link removal of the "Powered by embedproxy" underneath the browsebar for only $10. To purchase this, shoot me a PM or an email to .

I will be here to answer any questions, comments or suggestions you may have. Thank you.

Sullmoney, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  2. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sullmoney. Its a very good idea indeed. What kind of server do you have that can handle my 50 proxy sites ? And are you using your own servers ? And how strict will you be with the TOS, all proxies on the web are violating the TOS :)

login, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea, I'm sure you'll do well with it

frankcow, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  4. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am running my own servers. Lets talk on a messenger service about this. You can find my handles here: http://embedproxy.com/contact.html

Im not going to ban people if they go against my TOS, but I would like people to have some morals while using this. I did just revise the TOS, it seems a few things were worded a little strange. Thanks for pointing that out.

5. ThreeGuineaWatch

ThreeGuineaWatch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What happens when 207.58.185.43 is placed in WebSense etc. ? :D

ThreeGuineaWatch, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  6. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    If I see a sudden decline in traffic, I will simply change the ip.

7. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the kind words.

8. brainet

brainet Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, its kind a hot linking to your proxy. With someone gate, to your proxy site/server. This will likely not just your ip been ban, but also your domain, and you cant change that

brainet, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  9. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    At this point in time, the site is not blocked anywhere. If this becomes a problem in the future, mirrored codes from different domains will become available. Its not the difficult to change an ip or mirror a few pages.

10. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks really cool.

So is your revenue coming from selling links on the top browser bar?

MTbiker, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  11. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    Yep. Once this thing gets rolling it will be a great way for proxy owners to get traffic to their own sites.

12. TomN

TomN Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately you're providing service with PHProxy. why don't you use Surrogafier or something compatible with POST and is well, better than PHProxy?

TomN, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  13. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    In time we will be able to expand and even upgrade our services. This is day 1, you can't expect everything. Nothing is unfortunate, please look on the bright side of things. :)

14. FIVE539

FIVE539 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with sullmonkey on that ;)

FIVE539, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  15. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi I am not very familiar with the internet vocab. Can someone explain how this simple little piece of code allows me to host a proxy on a shared server? Is that what the OP is claiming?

If so, how will it affect my sales, and ads?
    I would like to start a proxy, and was hesitant due to the cost of hosting. Thanks for reply.

gder01, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  16. hdm

hdm Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the offtopic, but can any one help me configure my dedicated server for a proxy? I can offer you 2 links on PR4 pages and on my proxy, of course :)
    Contact me on PM or Skype (liquidi7y). Thanks

hdm, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  17. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    duplicate comment...see below

nnet, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  18. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice idea in theory, until I tried it and found that all you're advertising is other proxies in the top bar of the proxied pages. If you were running popups or adbrite or banners...no problems, but I think people will be hesitant it pushing traffic to your service when your end goal is to steal it all for other sites. Having said that, I'll give anything a go once, trying now. Lets see how it works in practice.

nnet, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  19. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He is not stealing, be careful with your words. This is business. Offers like this, you should take it or leave it, not post stupid comments. He could have mentioned it on the site, but he is not hiding the fact that he is advertising on the top of the proxied pages.

login, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  20. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    Many proxy owners, including myself do not even place ads on proxified pages since most revenue is made from the homepage via Adsense.

Think of it this way:

The amount of money you will save per month by not having to pay for a dedicated server or vps will typically outweigh the small amount of revenue proxified pages generate.

Another great idea is to just place the embedproxy bar on the frame of your already proxified pages. This is a quick, easy way to cut down on bandwidth and save money.

A .info domain costs less than $1 nowadays. For around $100 you could run 100 proxies and still pay shared hosting for a month if you choose to use embedproxy. If you were to operate 100 fuctioning proxies the traditional way, you could expect a nice $1000+/month server fee.

Thanks.

Sullmoney, Feb 27, 2007 IP